• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2016
Season #: 2, 1
7.0

1. Aug 24, 2018
    Technically and conceptually the entertainment industry is at an all time high. By contrast writing is at an a very low ebb. Directorially we have a very mixed bag.
    Westworld 2 encapsulates this. Visually outstanding. Musically beautiful. Individual actors give everything.
    But too many cooks spoil the broth. A narrative mess. The timeline disruption is just an annoying directorial trope. Overuse of discursive plots. Unsatisfying character conclusions. Cannon fodder shootouts in the nonsensical thousands by supposed spec ops. False cod philosophy and worse of all unimaginative ending.
    The show needs one good writer and one good director and it will be a masterpiece.
  2. Jul 29, 2018
    Picking up from where season one left off Westworld remains an ambitious project but I couldn't help being a little disappointed in this second season.

The constant jumping backwards and forwards in time felt like a convenient way to hide the fact that very little happens during some episodes, only serving to make things more difficult to follow than they needed to be, and the direction some of the character arcs took seemed to be at odds with what we learned in season one. I'll stick with this show, as it is capable of brilliance, but I'm worried its in danger of "doing a Lost"!
  3. Jul 12, 2018
    This is probably one of the most fascinating shows right now, and this season in particular is full of iconic and meaningful moments, bringing new topics and matters on discussion like what we are or if there's something like free will.
    In terms of production, this season is amazing, using a chaotic narrative as a powerful resource for plot twists and narrative purposes. Obviously, as the first season, it requires a lot of attention, because the unique details make the experience even greater. And maybe this last is not for everybody.
    The soundtrack, by Ramin Djawadi, is also wonderful, giving a lot more of impact to key scenes and to the show in general.
  4. Apr 23, 2018
    Pretty cool premiere and shows that the show is getting back on track with the flashback style narrative that made the first season so great. The aftermath of the robot revolution is emphasized with great horror.
  5. Apr 23, 2018
    I'll give the season a 10 based on my expectation and what I got from the first episode.Basically, I think
    Westworld is a major project with lots of ideas and probably with a bigger picture imagined for.So I believe we must judge based on what each season has to offer.The first season was an introduction to this game and season 2 seems to seek the aftermath of the events that happened in season 1 besides throwing out a new narrative.This means we're gonna have more Q&A(actually more questions than answers!)
    So if we consider that we must say that it was a solid start.There is no need to be impatient with Westworld.I just wish it can get the support and wherewithals needed to be renewed for further seasons.
    The only thing I don't like about the series is some of its actors, especially Lee's character.
  6. Jun 24, 2018
    Remember how gorgeous and coherent that the first season of Westworld had, in this season however, is nowhere to be located (well sort of.) In this second season of this show, we’re pretty much left off where chaos is being depicted after the events of the first season. However, this show maintains its superb western charm when it comes to its dazzling visual effects, on-pointRemember how gorgeous and coherent that the first season of Westworld had, in this season however, is nowhere to be located (well sort of.) In this second season of this show, we’re pretty much left off where chaos is being depicted after the events of the first season. However, this show maintains its superb western charm when it comes to its dazzling visual effects, on-point cinematography, clean performances, and outstanding production design. But when it comes to the direction and writing of this season however, is inconsistently chaotic. In the first season, it was no problem, but when it comes to this season, it’s just rather unsettling for me to fully understand what is going on. Hate to say it but this season somewhat disappointed me from many angles as I try to watch this show. If I was a host, I would definitely glitch my mechanism and hopefully get someone from the Delos corporation that is human to erase my memory so I could be put in factory reset mode or just to lock me up in the cold storage area just to forget how sloppy this season was compared to the masterfully brilliant first season. And for some weird reason, this had the True Detective season two flu right there - I mean it's still a good show right?!... Expand
  7. Apr 22, 2018
    I started Watching Westworld this year when my friend suggested it to me. Since Season 2 was coming out on April 22, I started Watching Westworld Season 1 as fast I could. The Show is AWESOME!! Created by Jonathan Nolan( Brother of the LEGENDARY Director Christopher Nolan). This show is soooo Gripping. Once I started watching it i did not want to stop watching it. It is full of SuspenseI started Watching Westworld this year when my friend suggested it to me. Since Season 2 was coming out on April 22, I started Watching Westworld Season 1 as fast I could. The Show is AWESOME!! Created by Jonathan Nolan( Brother of the LEGENDARY Director Christopher Nolan). This show is soooo Gripping. Once I started watching it i did not want to stop watching it. It is full of Suspense and filled with Talented Acors/Actresses like Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, James Marsden, Jimmie Simpson, Ben Barnes and Many More. All in all A TREMENDOUS SHOW!! A Must Watch!! Can't WAIT FOR SEASON 2!! Early Reviews suggest that is better than Season 1!! Well if that is true then fans like me are in for a treat!! Expand
  8. May 17, 2018
    I am enjoying season 2 of "Westworld" and I like that we are finally getting answers. Thandie Newton has been desperately under used this season four episodes in - I hope that changes. The series is well made and looks great. I just hope eventually they lead us out of the parks and into the real world. It would be a game changer if the hosts started to live life among humans and workI am enjoying season 2 of "Westworld" and I like that we are finally getting answers. Thandie Newton has been desperately under used this season four episodes in - I hope that changes. The series is well made and looks great. I just hope eventually they lead us out of the parks and into the real world. It would be a game changer if the hosts started to live life among humans and work to take over the world. That would open up so many great possibilities for the series. Expand
  9. Jun 25, 2018
    You don't necessarily have to be a huge fan of either of those genres to enjoy Westworld. The story is just that good. It may be a little up and down episode wise, which I feel like is inevitable with how many storylines it juggles, but it has some of the best writing I've seen in TV in quite a while. How they're able to have so many different storylines and timelines running at one time,You don't necessarily have to be a huge fan of either of those genres to enjoy Westworld. The story is just that good. It may be a little up and down episode wise, which I feel like is inevitable with how many storylines it juggles, but it has some of the best writing I've seen in TV in quite a while. How they're able to have so many different storylines and timelines running at one time, and still wrap them all up and have some of them intertwine quite well at the end is a pretty big accomplishment, especially with how poorly a lot of shows handle just trying to have two separate storylines. The mystery of this show is also incredibly enthralling. Part of the fun of a show like this is throwing out theories with your friends after each episode, and then seeing who was right or wrong at the very end.

As for this season being "confusing". It's not. If you pay attention to each episode, it's not hard to figure out which timeline is which.

Now as for how the actual story played out this season, I was locked in for the entire season. I was completely sold on every story line and I couldn't wait to see how it'd all wrap up. The time jumps to the past and present, the exploration of Shogun World, a whole episode focusing on a Native American character, Dolores' quest for whatever the hell she wants, Bernard's struggles, it was all solid. A couple of the storylines (most notably the Man in Black's) didn't exactly pan out how I was hoping, but I was still satisfied with the way they went. The finale of season two sets up a radically different season three, as the setting is going to be completely different, which has got me quite excited for 2019...or whenever it comes out.
  10. May 8, 2018
    So far the most engaging and interesting show I've watched all year. Delores is one two faced b*tch, but unlike her I still choose to see the beauty in this show. I mean have you seen anything else so full of splendor? I haven't.
  11. Aug 3, 2018
    Só pessoas inteligentes conseguem absorvem toda a complexidade de história, personagens e cronologia temporal, achou dificil amore? Corre pra netflix assistir aqueles gore meia boca
  12. Jun 19, 2018
    Each episode is by its own right a movie. Westworld is easily the best show ever created to date.
  13. Jun 25, 2018
    (Note: I'm not spoiling anything about this season but I am mentioning the general setup of it iif you want to walk in blind.)

Well, the robots have revolted in Westworld. I liked the utter and often unexpected chaos that ensues, mixing an old West setting with the underground facility and other historically set parks to create utter chaos. The episode Kiksuya in particular is the best episode of the entire show and almost feels like its own movie. The last season was all about the setup, which resulted in slow pacing. This season is a lot better paced, revealing mysteries every few episodes instead of making you wait till the end.

The acting, especially Tandie Newton, and character work remains great. Being one of the most expensive shows ever made, it also looks wonderful.

I know that many people weren't the biggest fans of this show, and I admit there are some valid criticisms. It still feels a little like the character's plots were stretched a bit thing and felt too compartamentalized at times. While I mostly liked where this show went, it wrapped up a little clunkily and lacked the elegance of last season's ending. Although the show still does a solid job of questions about the human existence, this season lacks some of the mysterious atmosphere of the first.

Ultimately, this season might not be for everybody, but I still had fun.
  14. Dec 14, 2018
    + Great continuation of the reboot story
    + Excellent cast
    + Superb soundtrack
    - Some episodes drag their heels at points

Worth watching if just for episode 8 Kiksuya!
  15. Jul 27, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Westworld: Season 2 had a lot to live up to. For the most part I believe it succeeded but there were a few things that made this season lesser than. First, Anthony Hopkins was the best part about the first season and unfortunately he doesn't come back until the middle of this season. The show is still great without him as we follow a few different timelines with Bernard. The chaos that results from the ending of season one is great but Dolores seems to have been a much different character from season one which opens up many possibilities. The storytelling is still great and less confusing just for the sake of being confusing. However, there are some things near the end of the season which are never answered, and I even wonder if the writers even know these answers. Certain characters are great while others get a backseat but this season is still great and I am excited for season 3 whenever that finally airs. Expand
  16. Jul 15, 2018
    Just as good as the first season. Westworld is one of the most challenging and more complex tv series of today. The show continues its philosophical way to tell the story, the acting is perfect (Evan Rachel Wood and Ed Harris, specially) The directing is so well done, because even though you know that in Westworld there´s no straight time line, it still makes you doubt about the time line,Just as good as the first season. Westworld is one of the most challenging and more complex tv series of today. The show continues its philosophical way to tell the story, the acting is perfect (Evan Rachel Wood and Ed Harris, specially) The directing is so well done, because even though you know that in Westworld there´s no straight time line, it still makes you doubt about the time line, and make your mind break whenever revelation comes in. Westworld will continue in HBO for a third season, and if is as good as the first two, Westworld is going to be at every ones minds when they make a list of "best television series of all time". Expand
  17. Jul 11, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The second season of Westworld looks much better than the first. The plot is quite put by the structure of giving. The temporary line is divided into 4-5 parts. The second season responds to the majority of questions of the first season, but also creates not less new. The last 2 series of course are excellent. But the series devoted to Indians just causes bewilderment. In one series at once several mistakes of a plot. I expect the 3rd season in 2020, after final credits there is an additional scene.
    2 season of Westworld prove that it is the best series of HBO now, even Game of Thrones is better.
  18. Jul 14, 2018
    The ending of the first season makes you think that what happens after Ford's death will be a huge massacre with hosts against humans, full of action, suspance, thrill and revenge! It's not... season 2 starts really slow and immediately mess with the timelines, giving a new meaning to the term "foreshadowing" and showing some interesting details in flashbacks. Revenge is not as satisfyingThe ending of the first season makes you think that what happens after Ford's death will be a huge massacre with hosts against humans, full of action, suspance, thrill and revenge! It's not... season 2 starts really slow and immediately mess with the timelines, giving a new meaning to the term "foreshadowing" and showing some interesting details in flashbacks. Revenge is not as satisfying as you expect, because the guests are all unharmed and in tears all the time, and action is only in episode 3.
    Then the series starts moving with episode 4, that reveals you the real purpose of the Delos project! Episode 5 gives you a huge story full of fanservice, then the series comes to the peak in the last 4 episodes! Slowing only on episode 8, the best of the series in my opinion, and giving a satisfying but unpredictable ending in episode 10! Great series!!
  19. Sep 3, 2018
    Every episode had a little of it's director's style in it but not to much not to confuse the viewers. The ugly truth is that no matter how much I loved this series, and was hyped for it, didn't do enough in the entertaining and fun area. It was entertaining to watch but not always fun. Even though there was no pacing issue, it was always tension and the intrigue was engaging enough for usEvery episode had a little of it's director's style in it but not to much not to confuse the viewers. The ugly truth is that no matter how much I loved this series, and was hyped for it, didn't do enough in the entertaining and fun area. It was entertaining to watch but not always fun. Even though there was no pacing issue, it was always tension and the intrigue was engaging enough for us to care. Actors did a really great job at their performances, although I don't really liked Rachel how she portrayed. (It was to forced and raw in some scenes). Obviously the sound and visual effects are impeccable as expected. And the plot is very complex which makes it even more interesting and appealing for the general audience, but at the end of it does not explain well enough in order for most people to understand it. Even so there are a couple of pretty large plot wholes, which I didn't like, but it also leaves a lot to the imagination and does it well, which is rarity these days. Overall this is a very good serial and this was a very good season, worth a watch, even two in order to understand everything and every little detail of the world and the complexity of the characters and their moralities. It's simply a too complex piece of art that reflects a lot on our problems on the close future. Expand
  20. Oct 14, 2018
    Dips a bit from the first season but still has you guessing, a few answers raised and new questions posed. A bit concerned we have gone full skynet/terminator though.
  21. Apr 19, 2019
    Nessa segunda parte, tudo se tornou ainda mais complexo e confuso quando tentou nos entregar as repostas da primeira, mas tudo foi entregado de forma estranha desordenada. As atuações deram uma caída, dando uma impressão de dramalhão mexicano, ainda acompanhado de cenas sem sentido, com cortes sem sentido e mortes sem sentido. Mas no geral não foi ruim não, só foi bem pior do que aNessa segunda parte, tudo se tornou ainda mais complexo e confuso quando tentou nos entregar as repostas da primeira, mas tudo foi entregado de forma estranha desordenada. As atuações deram uma caída, dando uma impressão de dramalhão mexicano, ainda acompanhado de cenas sem sentido, com cortes sem sentido e mortes sem sentido. Mas no geral não foi ruim não, só foi bem pior do que a primeira. Expand

1. TV Guide Magazine
    Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Apr 26, 2018
    Boldly playing with time and perspective, Westworld keeps you wondering what's real, even as dangerous parks are revealed. [30 Apr - 13 May 2018, p.13]
  2. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Apr 25, 2018
    With much more centripetal force than last season, it also draws the audience towards its own center, in its own vivid journey toward self-consciousness.
  3. Reviewed by: Sophie Gilbert
    Apr 23, 2018
    Still, Season 2 of Westworld is always absorbing, and more dynamic in its pacing than Season 1. It’s also graced with some tremendous performers, notably Wood, Newton, and Jeffrey Wright.