|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 5.4Nov 26, 2013Metacritic, please remove this from the video games section because it's not a game. It's hard to describe this.... whatever the hell it is.Metacritic, please remove this from the video games section because it's not a game. It's hard to describe this.... whatever the hell it is. All I know is that it promotes statutory rape and can be "beaten" in 2 minutes. Don't "play" it under any circumstances. Don't even pirate it.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.0Nov 17, 2013This game gets a lot of unnecessary hate, what with people saying it's the worst game ever, but if Postal 2 is the worst game you've everThis game gets a lot of unnecessary hate, what with people saying it's the worst game ever, but if Postal 2 is the worst game you've ever played, then you are a lucky MF. Postal 2 would be a generic FPS were it not for it's intent to offend everyone with jokes. Some of them are funny and most of them are 2nd-rate South Park jokes. There really isn't a lot to say about Postal 2.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.0Nov 7, 2013Why is this game on Steam? It is literally a Half-Life mod that isn't funny. Why pay money for it? It's not even a good mod. All it is is lameWhy is this game on Steam? It is literally a Half-Life mod that isn't funny. Why pay money for it? It's not even a good mod. All it is is lame jokes, 100 endings that all run together and walking forward. There's no game here.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.2Nov 7, 2013It is a damn shame this game flopped (thank you ign).
Positives 1. It's difficult while being fair. Unlike games such as I Wanna Be TheIt is a damn shame this game flopped (thank you ign).
1. It's difficult while being fair. Unlike games such as I Wanna Be The Guy or... other indie games, when you die in this game, it's on you, not shoddy programming.
2. It's amazingly over-the-top. Like some weird mix of Fist of the North Star, Western movies, and Streets of Rage, the game knows how to make you say "What".
3. It's funny in a medium where most attempts to be funny fall on their faces. It's not afraid to be politically incorrect, not afraid to sound goofy, and not afraid to offend.
1. Though some would say the casino adds "color" and "flavor" to the game, I think it's just a waste of time.
2. Uh... you can see through textures?
I don't have much negative to say about God Hand. 9 out of 10. You should buy it as a reminder of when Capcom didn't suck.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.5Nov 7, 2013This game, like a star wars sith, deals in absolutes. It has 2 modes, one of which is amazing, the other is abysmal.
The combat in thisThis game, like a star wars sith, deals in absolutes. It has 2 modes, one of which is amazing, the other is abysmal.
The combat in this game, while seemingly wonky, is very, very cool. It's second only to the criminally overlooked Gladius in terms of Gladitorial Combat Games, and manages to mix smartness with 300-style gore. It's good stuff.
Too bad everything is thrown out of the window once you get to the stealth missions. Either you do exactly as the game tells you or you die in one hit. The ideas used here are nice, don't get me wrong, but it's sloppily thrown together and ultimately ruined the game for me.
Shadow of Rome gets a 5, as it combines the best of the hack-and-slash genre with the absolute worst of stealth missions.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.7Nov 7, 2013If we were going on gameplay alone, this would easily get an 8 or even a 9, but there are huge problems.
Positives 1. The gameplay isIf we were going on gameplay alone, this would easily get an 8 or even a 9, but there are huge problems.
1. The gameplay is spectacular. You feel powerful once you get to levelling up and there are few builds that make it virtually impossible to complete
2. I like the soundtrack selection this time around. A nice mix of what you'd expect from Fallout 3 with a western tinge. Nice.
3. Voice acting is mostly good (except Matthew Perry as Benny, who seems to be incapable of emoting)
4. The story is one of the strongest in a Bethesda published game, bolstered by the undeniable writing talent of the Obsidian team
Now for negatives
1. For their writing talent, Obsidian doesn't seem to have good QA. Their games always seem to have major bugs and this game is NO exception. characters randomly disappear, objectives sometimes point the wrong way, saving too much freezes the game (a real problem in an RPG) and the game at times just feels incomplete. It's hard to recommend a game like this when the game is so buggy. And I know there's fan patches and unofficial mods, but I shouldn't have to tell you "You can play this but oh you need to download a mod made by a fan"
2. Some of the DLC just straight up sucks. Lonesome Road and Old World Blues are awesome, don't get me wrong. Gun Runner's Arsenal just seems like stuff they had to cut at first to meet deadline. Honest Hearts has a good premise but is kind of boring. And Dead Money? F that one. Here's an idea: Take a game series noted for it's open-world and make you go through a linear pseudo-stealth mission to teach you about "the evils of greed".
It's flawed, so if you don't like your games bugged out, avoid it, but otherwise, I'd still give it a try.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.7Nov 7, 2013Bow down, GTA and Saints Row fanboys: THIS is the king of Open-World (Outside of you know, RPGs). Avalanche remembers that games are supposedBow down, GTA and Saints Row fanboys: THIS is the king of Open-World (Outside of you know, RPGs). Avalanche remembers that games are supposed to be fun. Just Cause 2 allows you to unleash your inner sociopath and wreak havoc on what is probably supposed to be North Korea but isn't. Full of neat easter eggs, and graphics that still look good 3 years later. Also, props for making a good PC port that can even outclass consoles. Check this one out. It goes on sale on Steam very often.… Expand
Average User Score: 9.1Nov 7, 2013Team Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle toTeam Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle to it, not because "IT HAS COLOR", but because it actually looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon. As much as I like the FPS genre, I'd really like to see more experiments with the graphics. But what about the game? Well, it's best compared to a game like Counter-Strike. While in Counter-Strike (not to detract from it, it's still a good game) it's easy to solo a team, trying to go alone in this game will end with your ragequit. I also like that it makes it so that you want to pay money rather than grudgingly do it by giving some legitimate benefits (Not hats).
Really, my main complaint with the game is not with Valve, Steam, or the developers: It's with the community. The reigning kings of obnoxious fanbases remains the Homestuck community, but TF2 puts up a good fight. One of the downsides to the F2P model is that it allows EVERYONE (that has a computer that meets system requirements, that is) can play, leading to many situations where you'll be surrounded by Bronies, Furries, children, and the obnoxious "PC Master Race" group. Unlike some other games (Sonic), the community hasn't destroyed the game yet, but be wary. 8/10. A solid experience at the low price of free.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.0Nov 5, 2013If this is the future of survival horror, I think I'd sooner play Resident Evil 6. Oh no, it's a banker with no face! Run for the hills!If this is the future of survival horror, I think I'd sooner play Resident Evil 6. Oh no, it's a banker with no face! Run for the hills! Snore. Game isn't even scary. Only worthy for people who unironically watch PewDiePie. Not even if it's free.… Expand
Average User Score: 6.7Nov 5, 2013Phil Fish an absolute hipster tosspot, and Fez is one of the worst games ever made. There is no challenge to be had here. There are no enemiesPhil Fish an absolute hipster tosspot, and Fez is one of the worst games ever made. There is no challenge to be had here. There are no enemies and if you die, you restart immediately where you left off. The graphics look like a poor man's version of the poor man's version of Cave Story, and unlike other indie games, doesn't even have good music.
And don't forget the "FUNNY INTERNET JOKES" because you know, indie games. Fez 2 is cancelled? Good. The world has been spared from more of Phil Fish's awful games.… Expand