|By date||Most helpful reviews||By my score||By metascore||By user score|
Average User Score: 8.5May 20, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a fan of writing long paragraph reviews so here goes my list. Also SPOILERS!
- The gameplay has vastly improved. When I first played Metro 2033 the controls felt fine. But after playing Last Light I went back to 2033 and it felt clunky. In Last Light everything feels more fluid and natural.
- The Dark One child is awesome! Now this is what Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite should have been like. Elizabeth was basically a walking ammo/health dispenser and she served no real purpose story wise. But the Dark One child was written into the game well. At one point in the game the child accompanies you, and while he jumps around he talks to you, explaining back story and creating a character for himself. You actually start to get attached to him and his cute human clothes. He does find useful items on occasion, but it doesn't feel like he's a dispenser.
- The levels are better. Unlike in 2033, there are a lot more levels with human enemies. This isn't for everyone, but the stealth missions are always my favorite so this is a pro for me.
- Linear! You go from A to B in each level and there's only one way to get there. Sure there are some extra buildings or corridors to explore but they only lead to a dead end and some loot.
- The companions are annoying (except for the Dark One child)! There's always an NPC to guide you and harass you with what to do. Hearing "Artyom, climb the ladder!" a dozen times gets tiring when I'm trying to explore the extra rooms.
It's not a perfect game, but it's definitely an improvement over 2033. All the negative reviews I read are too nit-picky. Being linear and having on and off voice acting does not make this game bad, and does not credit a 0 score.… Expand
Average User Score: 3.4Nov 14, 2011I thought MW2 was as low as an FPS game could go but then they come out with this outdated garbage that could be confused with MW2 DLC. ThenI thought MW2 was as low as an FPS game could go but then they come out with this outdated garbage that could be confused with MW2 DLC. Then they go to the extent of tweeting a request, actually it sounded more like begging, for their fanbase to rate this game higher on Metacritic because it's receiving low ratings... maybe it's low because it sucks and deserves every 0 here. **** campaign (as usual) and the same cookie cutter multiplayer with unbalanced gameplay, don't buy this game.… Expand
Average User Score: 8.7Apr 21, 2011Portal 2 is the best puzzle game I have ever played. It goes above and beyond Portal in so many ways, improving it in every single aspect. ItPortal 2 is the best puzzle game I have ever played. It goes above and beyond Portal in so many ways, improving it in every single aspect. It has amazing level design (like almost every Valve game), hard puzzles and a huge amount of variety. It also has a very good story that fits nicely in the Portal and Half Life universe. Finally it has the best voice acting and script I have ever seen. It combines a brilliant British comedian/actor named Steven Merchant and clever and funny dialogue making it one of the most enjoyable games to listen to. And that is just single player, it also has a very lengthy and enjoyable co-op. I recommend Portal 2 to anyone.… Expand
Average User Score: 7.9Apr 20, 2011Last year I had the unfortunate luck of playing Divinity 2 Ego Draconis, one of the worst RPGs I had ever played. After hearing of the DragonLast year I had the unfortunate luck of playing Divinity 2 Ego Draconis, one of the worst RPGs I had ever played. After hearing of the Dragon Knight Saga I felt as if I should give Atlus another chance, so I bought the game. For the rather small price of $40 you get the remastered version of Ego Draconis, a decent art book, a nice soundtrack and the Flames of Vengeance DLC which adds another 20-30 hours of gameplay. What changed my opinion on this game? Well they drastically improved the graphics, FPS and camera and they added new quests and items. Although those improvements and additions are very welcome they still didn't fix all of the bugs, the voice sink issues, the misspelled text, the stupidity in some of the dialogue and the terrible voice acting. But at the end of the day it is a very enjoyable game that sits among my favorite games on my shelf.… Expand