7.8

1. Aug 12, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. There is no way I can describe this game any differently.

Assault Horizon Legacy, unlike what its title may seem to imply, is not related to Assault Horizon in any way. AHL is a remake of Ace Combat 2, a PlayStation title that screamed "arcade." This game fleshes out AC2 in every way possible. The story is fairly interesting. Nothing too memorable, unlike Ace
    Absolutely amazing. There is no way I can describe this game any differently.

The story is fairly interesting. Nothing too memorable, unlike Ace Combat 5 or Zero, but interesting nonetheless. The real gem in the story is in the ace squadrons that the player has to come up against. They're charismatic in their own ways, giving a breath of personality. Olsen, Edge, and Slash add their own personalities and tales into the mix, making it a little humorous at times. Again, nothing memorable, but enjoyable.

The gameplay is absolutely top-notch. The game takes advantage of every button on the 3DS (except the touch screen, but you won't find that to be an issue), and does so very fluidly so you're never forgetting which is which. Especially if you've played Ace Combat 6, the controls will come naturally to you. AHL does introduce a new gameplay feature in the series, called Action Maneuvers. When used offensively, it lines up the plane behind another enemy plane, but then it leaves it up to you (nothing like DFM, which asks you to keep lined up to the enemy plane and increases the strength of your missiles and guns). When used defensively, you dodge a missile by pressing a button and moving the circle pad in the correct direction. Very fun and exhilarating in the heat of battle.

The music, sounds, and voiceovers are absolutely amazing. The music is still breathtaking to me to this day, and I find myself listening to the soundtrack constantly. It's that good.

If you own a 3DS and you want some action, get this game. You won't regret it.
  2. Dec 29, 2012
    Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy is a remake of Ace Combat 2 but with an Assault Horizon visual / audio theme applied to it. In my opinion that was the best way to do it. It feels like classic Ace Combat but without feeling like an arcade port like the original. Visually this game is lovely and the 3D compliments it well (I do think the 3D generally suits flying games better). I feel theAce Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy is a remake of Ace Combat 2 but with an Assault Horizon visual / audio theme applied to it. In my opinion that was the best way to do it. It feels like classic Ace Combat but without feeling like an arcade port like the original. Visually this game is lovely and the 3D compliments it well (I do think the 3D generally suits flying games better). I feel the music is at least as good as the original Ace Combat 2 music and fits the game well. Some may not like that it's not the original Ace Combat 2 music. The length of the game is a fair length for the price. You get branching mission options and missions are just about the right size (in most cases) for a portable game. You can easily do a mission on a bus journey then save and pick up where you left off next time you play. I would have liked to see a multiplayer mode. I don't think every game needs but after having it in Assault Horizon, I think it would go well with this sort of game. I think anyone who is a fan of Ace Combat or arcade style flying games will love this. If you're expecting something more like a realistic flight combat sim then you're going to be disappointed. Expand
  3. Nov 1, 2012
    3DS's best air-force combat game to date. The FX in the game are crystal clear. Turn on the surround sound and it feels like you're in the heat of the combat. Music is hugely appropriate. Graphics appeal holds up event after over hours of continuous play (Don't dull out and aren't repetitive). This game makes you want to be in the **** Every aircraft take down is satisfying at least and3DS's best air-force combat game to date. The FX in the game are crystal clear. Turn on the surround sound and it feels like you're in the heat of the combat. Music is hugely appropriate. Graphics appeal holds up event after over hours of continuous play (Don't dull out and aren't repetitive). This game makes you want to be in the **** Every aircraft take down is satisfying at least and doing aircraft manuervers are fun to conduct.

This game easily has over 20 hours of gameplay and even after beating the story, there's more missions to complete and dozens of aircraft to unlock.

Should you buy this? If you appreciate Dog-fighting games, don't hesitate to purchase this game. Even if you don't have a strong liking to Dog-fighting games, I encourage trying this game.
  4. Feb 22, 2012
    This is my first 3ds game and I really liked it! You'll surely like this especially if you have played previous ace combat games. I personally played ace combat way back in the classic playstation and this really shows how advance the technology on our current game consoles/handhelds is. The graphics, gameplay and sound is superb! They should have added online features such as onlineThis is my first 3ds game and I really liked it! You'll surely like this especially if you have played previous ace combat games. I personally played ace combat way back in the classic playstation and this really shows how advance the technology on our current game consoles/handhelds is. The graphics, gameplay and sound is superb! They should have added online features such as online dogfights (epic!), anyway the game is underrated. It is a must buy! Expand
  5. Dec 11, 2011
    In all honestly this has to be one of my most thrilling 3DS titles ive bought so far. Dogfighting above the clouds in 3D is amazing and there's always sense of tension in air specially when you hear the beeping of incoming missile. As you play in any of the games modes you will get experience which give's you different titles that will unlock more stuff for you play with.

The music in

The music in game is quite epic to! lots orchestra music and also some other good tunes.

There is enough content to unlock and only the most hardened gamer will be able to unlock everthing. While the game suffers from not having online play or 2 player option....missed opportunity:( This is still exciting & thrilling then most 3DS titles. Pilotwings resort was sunday drive with your grandparents..

But Ace Combat Horizon Legacy is drive in rocket ship speeding straight into the stratosphere

Which do you prefer? ;) Great game all round while it fails in multiplayer area it makes up for it. In thrilling dogfights in palm of your hand.
  6. Nov 1, 2012

1. Feb 20, 2012
    Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy won't leave much of a legacy behind but it is a decent game and if you've enjoyed any others in the rich history of this franchise, you should definitely set your sights on it.
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy is an awesome experience if we consider the special adaptation to 3DS.
  3. Jan 30, 2012
    Sure, all the other elements might be merely mediocre, but the pluses ultimately exceed the minuses so one can't help but walk away from this game with positive feelings.