• Publisher: Bplus
  • Release Date: Apr 17, 2014
3.3

1. Jul 25, 2014
    i feel for the guy, i like it, its different at least and i like the voice over and the light hearted tone and the sort of naive aesthetic. for the time i played it i definitely enjoyed it.
  2. May 25, 2014
    My enjoyment of this game changed quite a bit as I progressed in it. When I saw the trailer, I was so intrigued by what looked to be an incredibly unique, bizarre game… but then once I started playing, I thought: "Wait, this is it? Just moving around avoiding bad guys and collecting things to finish the level?" And, to be honest, that really IS all it is.

But, not wanting my purchase
    to be a waste, I kept at it. And it started growing on me. I found the interaction between Kubi (the "hero") and the game's designer (a character in the game) to be quite amusing, and in fact, Kubi's own comments often reflected my own dislike for certain things in the game. For instance, after a few levels, Kubi says: "That was it? That was the game?" and prompts the creator to make it more interesting. Later on, there's some rather dopey music in a level… and Kubi complains about it to the creator, who then changes it for the next level. And so forth.

Yes, this conceit is impossibly cheesy and cutesy. And if that doesn't strike a positive chord in you, then you will likely hate this game (as many on this site seem to). Furthermore, it's true that the game certainly has some flaws/oversights: blocks that you sometimes can climb over but other times not (without explanation), walls that you can sometimes cling to and sometimes not (without explanation), inability to skip past what sometimes become VERY long sections of dialogue, and a handful of levels that, to me, were just stupidly difficult without much of a learning curve.

But, I nevertheless made it through to the end (at least, I THINK it's the end… I still see some question marks on a level list screen that I think might be secret levels) and enjoyed about 90% of the journey… which was enough for me to recommend this game. The colorful graphics and gorgeous use of 3D go a long way toward that enjoyment.
  3. May 20, 2014
    This is by far the best game anyone has ever made. Before I played Bit Boy!! Arcade, I was sad, I was lonely, I was in a darker place and did some things I regret. Then... one fateful day, I met Kubi. Kubi taught me to love, Kubi showed me why I should keep living. If it wasn't for Bit Boy!! Arcade, I wouldn't be breathing anymore. This, is more that just a game. It's a journey to enlightenment. With a plot so deep, I discovered new emotions I didn't even know existed. There was never a moment that I wasn't eagerly anticipating the next unveiling. Yet, I didn't mind waiting, as the gameplay was far too enjoyable. I may have been a virgin before playing Bit Boy!! Arcade, but I'd be lying if I said this incredible experience didn't change that. While this is going on a choir of angels is singing the anthem of Bit Boy!! Arcade in the most beautiful of voices. It was the best experience I've ever had the pleasure of being part of in my whole life. Alas, all good things must come to an end, as I completed the final level, a single tear shed from my eye. I was just about to restart it, when I realized, that was just the first world. Please purchase Bit Boy!!! Arcade now, you are actively harming yourself every second that passes by without having played it. Expand
  4. May 17, 2014
    This game is for scary 2-year-olds. There's not enough Bigley. I'd give it a Bernd/10. IT"S THAT BAD. MMMMM RICHER! LOLTOAST LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL
  5. May 15, 2014
    This is one of the best 3DS eshop games available.

The controls are weird at first, but the more you play, you realize why they are the way that they are. Soon you will be zipping around the stages at super speeds once you learn how to alrernfate between the d-pad and the face buttons.

The graphics are gorgeous. Later stages put nintendo's own games to shame. The 3D is also among
    the best I've seen, and I've played close to 100 3ds games. All this and it runs at a butterly smooth 60fps.

Music is really catchy and gets in your head.

The story is complete non-sense, but I appreciate the effort.
  6. May 14, 2014
    The game is broken and unplayable. The story is quite simply stupid. The soundtrack is annoying. The levels are repetitive. It doesn't help that Bernd+ keeps paying people to write good reviews and then shoving those reviews down our throats. He just can't take criticism- he blocks and reports anyone who criticises his game on Miiverse. $10 is a ridiculous price for such a boring game. Also, there's not enough Bigley. Expand
  7. May 13, 2014
    They say that one day, someone will bury all copies of this game in an internet land-fill, doomed to be untouched and regarded as the worst game ever, until internet archeologists venture where no man has before and discover its secret. Also, no Ponies, Shrek, or Memes 0/10 would not bang again.
  8. May 13, 2014
    This game... The best way to describe the overall atmosphere of the game... is absolutely fisking terrible. Going into this game, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, but what I got was a glitchy-broken down mess of a concept of gameplay, awful storyline, awful graphics. There's a nice soundtrack, but that's the only saving point of this awful, awful game. The characters are bland, especially the self-insert author that reminds me of certain fanfictions that I've read in the past, and the gameplay is completely broken, as I said before. And ten dollars for this? I'd like a refund, please and thank you... But I know I won't get what I want by complaining.m Collapse
  9. May 13, 2014
    This game is garbage. An uncontrollable, muddy mess of a game. The usage of play coins is horrible, and there are occasional horrible glitches, at least in my experience. Don't get this game, even if it's all you have to buy.
  10. May 13, 2014

1. This is the kind of bizarro indie creativity we like to see on 3DS, but the gameplay itself is a little on the duff side. [Aug 2014, p.87]
  2. Jun 18, 2014
    Even though I have a lot of complaints with Bit Boy!! Arcade, I genuinely enjoy the core concept of the game. I liked speeding through each phase and setting high scores, but the plethora of flaws it has prevented me from fully loving the experience. The game could have been something fantastic, but it desperately lacks the polish it needs to be entertaining as a whole.
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    Without anything remarkable to offer in the four fields that it touches upon - action, adventure, puzzle and arcade - this is best used as a basis to learn about how to make videogames, as the insights on game design found along the way are more entertaining than any other component the game offers.