7.8

1. Jun 11, 2014
    If the game had fun dungeon diving I would tell you to play it, as it doesn't well, if you want alot of satire then this game is for you maybe. Its gotten a lot of flack for being 'sexist' and having shallow characters but to be honest number one its satire, and two since when are people not shallow? If anything this game is more realistic then most games, and if you read between the lines it paints a picture of the horrors of religious fanaticism, making children perform 'rituals' to fight monster using the children of the stars. Blind fanaticism, it paints an interesting picture that regardless if intentional or not makes you think a tad. Expand
  2. May 1, 2014
    First off, if you don't like the harem anime style, then you're probably not going to like Conception 2. The game is essentially a harem anime with a hint of rpg gameplay. The story is rather generic but tolerable. Visuals are nice, audio is nice. The dungeons themselves are a bit of a disappointment. 8 main dungeons 10 mini dungeons. The main dungeons get quite long, but they are very bland and generic looking. Building the relationships with the heroines, while mildly entertaining at times, can be a real chore. Luckily if you get impatient with the dialog you can fast forward or skip altogether. The class and battle systems are quite nice. The battle system has a quite a bit of depth to it. The game's difficulty progresses rather nicely, though overall it's a bit on the easy side. However I stress that if you don't want the first half to be so easy you don't have to really do anything, then don't get or use the free Disciple Weapon dlc pack. Those weapons won't be replaced for half the game and are extremely over powered during the first half. Expand
  3. Jun 21, 2014
    The dungeon crawling isn't really great but is alright. This isn't a hardcore rpg like persona(i own 3 and 4), but the dating aspect is good and i like the visual novel and dating aspect the most because the 3ds needs more dating sim visual novel type games whether they're rpg or not. I don't care much about exploring and fighting, I just hope they put out more dating sim games. Any game that has any kind of dating sim aspect I'll buy no matter what anyone says about how good or bad they think it is. Expand
  4. Apr 15, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun! If you enjoy SMT and persona games it is for you. It's part dating sim and part dungeon crawl rpg. Its turn based combat is great and new.

Story is also fun and the characters are adorable as heck. This isn't a game for everyone however, if you don't like RPG's or persona games don't bother getting this game you won't enjoy it at all.
  5. Apr 19, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about this. At the start you will find the art and music very cute despite the weird voice acting. Even the whole dating sim and the making of Star Children is a pretty lovely concept, albeit kind of shallow and creepy.

However what lets the whole game down is the dungeon crawling aspect. The dungeons are boring and repetitive, most of the time you're just running
    from Door A to Door B in a very poorly textured environment... sometimes there's a chest. Enemies are recycled throughout the whole dungeon.

Battles are your normal turn based affair, however it lacks the fluidity you're probably accustomed to which is a shame because the inclusion of some novel features look really promising. The attacks are pretty awesome too.

I don't think I'll be finishing this game anytime soon. There are much better games out there that I could be playing. However, pick it up when the price goes down, there might be some redeeming features for you.
  6. May 6, 2014
    The game is amazing, mixing Persona 3's dungeon style with the dungeon view of Persona 4. Atlus has truly made an amazing game once again. Not only is the game good, it has major new game plus ability.
  7. May 25, 2014
    This kind of harem game without japan audio will be a critical damage!!!!!! Dungeon is troublesome !! However , the sound cast !!! Chloe 's "tee-hee" WORST AS A HAREM GAME SOUND CAST !! ENGLISH SOUND RUIN EVERYTHING !!!! AT LEAST DUAL AUDIO !!!!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS GAME FOR THOSE WHO SEEK FOR JAPAN AUDIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE VOICE LACK OF EMOTION !!!!! Expand
  8. May 27, 2014
    Story: 6/10 - The story was a bit dull at times with several of its elements lacking importance. Gameplay: 8/10 - As far as turn-based RPGs go, the mechanics in this game are quite interesting and provide a wide range of customization. Art: 9/10 - The game has pretty anime girls; fans of anime will be pleased. Characters: 7/10 - The characters are interesting at first but end up being shallow and predictable towards the end.
    Sound: 8/10
    - I liked the soundtracks; the music is reminiscent of the Persona games.
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    - I enjoyed the game for the most part.
    Sadly, many of the events in the game lacked depth and the ending felt very unrewarding.
  9. May 29, 2014
    Tons of fun. It is a dating sim and a rpg. Would totally recommend to everyone but like kids. The game involves you making kids that fight in battle and getting close to your kinda lovers. Luckily there is a harem ending which is what I am going for.

1. Conception II just offers tedious repetitive fights and a lot of useless features, not mentioning the plot with a predominant theme of teenage promiscuity. As a result, if the endless wandering around the randomly generated dungeons will not force you to throw the cartridge away, then most likely you will be finished off by endless dialogues of "coffee, tea or me" type and discussions on the anatomical aspects. [Oct 2014, p.84]
    It never reaches the quality level of a Persona game; nevertheless Conception II reveals a functional and interesting combat system.
  3. Beneath all the psychobabble lies yet another generic RPG obsessed with ogling young girls. [Aug 2014, p.84]