• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Sep 6, 2011
4.6

1. Jul 22, 2013
    The controls are alright, the gameplay is alright, the story is bad, the soundtrack is goodish, and there seems to be a good amount of content here. Nothing special though, so If you do get it, don`t get your hopes up.
    The only way to really describe this game is alright, and I don`t really recommend it. Unless you can get it for REALY cheap.
    5/10 ~ApatheticDragon
  2. Jul 10, 2013
    It`s a 6, but I`ll give it a 7 for the sake of the person who can`t read ratings(To bump up the score a bit).
    The game looks good for a 3DS game, its controls are as they say "tight", and in general it`s a good game.
    Don`t get me wrong, it`s nothing special, but for the price I got for it, it`s worth every penny.
  3. Nov 1, 2012
    48 out of 100? Too high... The game looks like a DS game, for the love of God! This game is an insult to Driver series. If you go back to the ol' Driver games... This is WORSE than what they did to Final Fantasy (no, IT'S NOT TOO MUCH!). Rated M for mature when the gameplay is for 3 years old. 0 realism, bad gameplay, not many modes and story is so bad... 2 of this 3 goes for the soundtrack. The other one, for the little fun I had for 1 hour before finishing it, as it's freaking short too. Too bad Ubisoft. I thought you could have a redemption of what you did at NDS, but no, you're still making crap. COP was your only good game for DS, don't do the same for 3DS. If you get this game (don't buy it, if they give it to you as a present or whatever), burn it. Expand
  4. Jul 3, 2012
    While I do feel this game would merit a score of about 7/8 I'm giving it a 10 to outweigh the 0 that some idiot has given this game because they gave it to their kids without seeing that there is an M for Mature rating on the box, myself and the missus were laughing after reading their review while we were playing it, especially at the 3rd mission which during the cut scene there are images of fully nude women while someone is telling you you're going to need to go and smash some guys F*king face in to make an example of him. Was just picturing that person who gave the game a 0 walking past their kid hearing that cut scene as the kid cried their eyes out at the 3ds. good job!

Apart from that tho, this is a solid enough game, its short and it is indeed ubisoft quickly getting some games out at launch but for what it is as a driving game it shows hope of what the system is capable of while you bomb around the city at really nice speeds with car models which are on par with the GTA games from the ps2 also if you want a cool enough proper gritty story on your 3ds this one will fill that gap in your game shelf with lovely amounts of swearing, nude pics and the odd imagery of a guy in the background with his brains showing on the bonnet of his car after you ram him into a wall. :D definitely not Mario Kart!
  5. Mar 4, 2012
    lol at the idiot who gave this to her 10 year old stepson! Hey idiot, its rated M for Mature for a reason!

Yeah its not a very good game, its the usual quick Ubisoft cash in. They have some talented devs over there but most of the time for consoles like the 3DS they just fart out mediocrity.
  6. Feb 14, 2012
    After purchasing this game and my 10 year old stepson played it there is a lot of very graphic language in this game and parents should be cautioned about the language it is definitley not a game for young people
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    I'll keep this one short. This is one terrible game. Open world, yes, but you can't actually explore it on your own outside of missions, and in missions, it's a dead open world that's little more than a labyrinth in a design that resembles houses and roads. The missions are boring and artificially lengthened. The 3D effect works nicely but the graphics are clunky, with most of the cars looking like pixelated boxes instead of cars and the city being fairly bland. This is one of the worst racing games I've every played, mostly because most of the time it doesn't actually feel like racing. Expand
  8. Oct 24, 2011
    I started playing it hand-in-hand with Driver SF on the Xbox 360, which turned out to be highly addictive. The fact that its not a scaled-down copy of its big brother, and rather puts you across the country in New York with a completely different story line makes it that more enjoyable. The 3D presentation works very well; the game looks great in full 3D, as well as without. The only minor detail about the graphics are the cars look somewhat bulky and blocky. The cars also handle this way too, but getting the controls down only takes a couple of races. The main menu splits you off into 20 mission via the 'Story Mode' or you can launch 'Career' to do all the extra activities. This game definitely deserves its 'M' rating if for the language. This game was my first 3DS game purchase since a few during launch week...worth every penny! Expand
  9. Mar 4, 2012

1. Sep 27, 2011
    Not just the giant cheapo pile of rubbish we expected - just a tiny, feeble, overpriced piece of crap. A genuinely awful addition to the 3DS library. [Oct 2011, p.58]
  2. Sep 19, 2011
    An average title overall. Qualities such as smooth driving controls and an impressive open setting are let down by inconsistent levels of challenge, a city lacking in population, repetitive gameplay and, unfortunately, an irritating and clich├ęd main character.
  3. Sep 14, 2011
    Renegade 3D driver is not a bad game. Simply it is a title that has several flaws, worsened by the absolute insipid gameplay.