8.2

1. Dec 29, 2013
    Yes, this game is for a very particular target market. But this target market (at least myself) has been craving for a dating sim with men in it, *actually* useful vampires and samurai in english! Who can resist a hot samurai male who will protect you from harms way? I for one, simply can't. Art is amazing, character design typical but nonetheless detailed and amazing and the storylineYes, this game is for a very particular target market. But this target market (at least myself) has been craving for a dating sim with men in it, *actually* useful vampires and samurai in english! Who can resist a hot samurai male who will protect you from harms way? I for one, simply can't. Art is amazing, character design typical but nonetheless detailed and amazing and the storyline is just really enjoyable.

8/10 awesome game however not for everyone.
  2. Sep 27, 2014
    I've just finished playing one of the story arcs for this game and just started on the second (Have completed HiJikata's route and started Saito's) . I found it quirky - very different to what I'd normally play, but ultimately lots of fun, The plot is intriguing and I really loved the characters. The choose your own adventure style play was great and I like that each choice leads you downI've just finished playing one of the story arcs for this game and just started on the second (Have completed HiJikata's route and started Saito's) . I found it quirky - very different to what I'd normally play, but ultimately lots of fun, The plot is intriguing and I really loved the characters. The choose your own adventure style play was great and I like that each choice leads you down a radically different path after chapter. Personally, I found the whole thing with the war a bit tedious and would have been happier if the story had just dealt with the Fury corps and kept the story in Kyoto. They over egged the pudding a bit in my opinion.
    If you're expecting actually game play(in all honesty all you do is read text, press A and occasionally make a decision) then this probably isn't the game for you. However I would still highly recommend

1. Mar 17, 2014
    As laudable as it can be in storytelling and in presenting a solid narrative which gives its players a few clear choices of what to do next, Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi offers little in terms of gameplay and challenge. By attempting to be a hybrid between a book and a game, it ends up sacrificing interactivity to a level which will put off many players.
  2. Mar 7, 2014
    An intense and unique romantic Japanese graphic novel based upon the world of Hakuoki. Not for every player, we guess.
  3. Mar 6, 2014
    The translators and proofreaders have done an excellent job conveying both meaning and emotion through text. The music is cute, and the art is simple and beautiful. This game is so worth its eShop price.