8.0

1. Mar 11, 2013
    Chrillbill
    Aug 1, 2012
    Super awesome game! A MUST for Kingdom Hearts fans! The story, the music, the gameplay, the graphics, everything is just awesome! If you don't have a 3DS, buy it! This game alone will be worth it! That's what I think at least.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    Fantastic graphics, music and story. Great opportunity for replayability with harder difficulties too. I really enjoyed the new pet aspect of it where you create little minions to help you fight and level them up. I spent quite a long time grinding dream pieces to make greater and more awesome pets, not because I needed to but it was very fun to do. I don't think you need to have played a kingdom hearts game before to enjoy the story either. Expand
  3. Jul 31, 2012
    I know a game is good when I can't put it down, then when it's completed I just what more. That's exactly how it unfolded with KH:DDD. Gameplay: 8.5 - This game has improved on so much in my opinion from previous KH games and the addition of flowmotion while hit and miss is certainly an interesting addition and one which I personally enjoyed, if you liked previous titles in the KH series particularly BBS you'll like what you get here! Also worth a mention is the new 'dreameater' monster collection to round off your team which is again hit and miss and sadly whilst it was enjoyable at many points still didn't leave me saying 'please include this in KHIII'. Graphics:8 - Whilst it may not jump leaps and bounds over BBS in every graphical aspect it fares well on Nintendo's handheld as one of the better looking releases which can be said of almost every KH release as the artstyle can adapt to many platforms. Also worth mentioning is the 3d effect as being not too overpowering but nice to have. Lasting Appeal: 9.5- There is a lot to get here if you really dig deep including playing through a new mini-game called 'flick rush' which is a mini-game that is very similar to Pokemon in approach. Story: 8 - Yeah, the KH story is extremely convoluted and a lot will probably go over your head there's no denying it's told well enough (Minus some cringe moments at bits of the script) the world of Disney and Square Enix does well here and the All-Star voice cast really holds together making you engaged enough in the story.
    In summary, this is an altogether great experience and in the ways of m new rating system as of now I dare say: MUST BUY! (Especially for KH fans and Action- RPG fans!)
  4. Aug 5, 2012
    This game was great. But Tron Legacy world looks fantastic. Graphics is just great just like Kingdom Hearts II. Its a must have 3DS game i just own!
  5. Aug 4, 2013
    The gameplay is great. I recommend using the Circle Pad Pro to have a better experience.

Skills and magic are used with a recharge system instead of MP. Your partners in battle are monsters that you create with recipe, which I found strange at first but later on I enjoyed. It's easier to fight than the previous titles. You have to clear every world twice because you have to play with
    two different characters using the Drop system.
    Choosing a specific command it's complicated because you don't have the full command list on the screen, just a single line. You need to press up or down to go to next item on the list. So you can't choose the command that you want fast. You don't need to grind to beat the game, and I recommend that so you can have a good challenge.

The story is a little confusing but it's not something critical. And just like the previous titles, the soundtrack is awesome. Unfortunately, they repeated some worlds but not the monsters. When I get a new KH to play I always expect to see new areas and characters.

If you're fan of the series don't hesitate: you will enjoy this game.
  6. Jan 25, 2013
    Just when I thought combat could never be done any better then KH2, Dream Drop comes around. Was I surprised to see that not only was the combat on par with 2 on a handheld, but actually added more with flow motion and things just ran so fluidly. While the story REALLY starts to hit the weird point here I still loved every second of the ride. Really pumped to hopefully see KH3 soon.
  7. Jul 31, 2012
    I finished this game on yesterday and it was amazing game must play
  8. Sep 27, 2014
    For a series that has had it's high highs, to it's low lows, this title is step in the right direction. I'll admit right now, I didn't really enjoy KH2. It was way too easy (critical mode only makes it cheaper not harder) and I preferred the more tactical-action of KH1. DDD lands smack dab in the middle ground for me. Customizing your abilities and changing your loadout is a lot of fun, as well as making combat a lot of fun. It's action never lets up, and the addition of flowmotion makes exploring the much larger and more alive environments a blast. This is what I've always wanted out of Kingdom Hearts. Speaking of flowmotion, it's a little finicky at first but you'll easily master it. The "drop" system forces you to switch between Sora and Riku at different points. Occasionally it can be frustrating, but it the end it enhances how the story is told. However that's the only real positive thing about the story, to be blunt it's unnecessarily confusing and at point weird. Graphically this game is gorgeous, on-par with the PSP game, Birth By Sleep (another fantastic title mind you). If you can only play one of the side-titles in this series, pick this game up. Expand
  9. Sep 11, 2013
    Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is an action rpg that directly continues the story where it left after the DS game Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, which followed Kingdom Hearts 2.

Story:
    The story builds on previous entries in the series, if you have not played any of them (or some) every previous game will have it's plot explained in short as will most terms used in the game
    (Keyblade, Heartless, Nobodies, etc...), still this falls a bit short and will surely have newcomers scratch their heads, for people who have played them all and know what the story behind the franchise is this is a treat.

The premise of this game's story is that Sora and his best friend Riku are now preparing to face the return of the evil keyblade wielder that is Xehanort, they do this by taking part in the Mark of Mastery exam so they can become full fledged Keyblade wielders. In doing so they need to "dive" into the sleeping Disney worlds so they can unlock these and halt Xehanort's return, however as the story develops you will see twists and turns, ultimately leading to the climax...

Gameplay:
    If you've played any other Kingdom Hearts it will feel very familiar.

You battle your way in real-time trough Disney worlds infested by nightmare monsters, trying to unravel the story behind each unique world, you'll quickly be introduced to the Dream Spirit system, in which you'll create monsters from materials gained in battle and minigames, in turn these spirits help you in battle.
    Battling will earn you XP and LP, XP is used to level up yourself and your Spirits, LP is used to unlock various stat boosting power-ups, abilities and skills. Every Spirit has their own unique talent tree in which you can spend their earned LP on. Personally I'm not a big fan of this LP system as it could've been worked out better.

There are special portals in which in fight various groups of enemies, trying to beat all the portals is the message here as you'll gain various items and recipes to create monsters, after beating the game you can re-fight bosses as well as one super boss, this keeps you going even after finishing the game.

Controls:
    If you've played any other Kingdom Hearts (except Chain of Memories) you'll be right at home with the usual controls, the controls respond very wel, the camera is responsive and you'll always have your Curaga at hand with the press of a button!

Graphics:
    Arguably the best graphics on the system, it is close if not surpass the visual detail of it's PS2 brother, some worlds are amazingly detailed, if you have seen the movies these worlds are based on, it will be an even bigger treat.

Music:
    Composed by the famed Yoko Shimomura, the music fits every situation in the game, dramatic, passionate, close to their Disney movies, the music is superb. There's also some fanservice at the end with arranged versions of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 songs.

Positives:
    + Arguably some of the best graphics on the system
    + For fans who follow the story this is a fully realised Kingdom Hearts game
    + Fun combat that never gets old
    + Amazing music that fits the mood of the game
    + Some extras after the story is beaten
    + Story ties up some loose ends left from previous installments

Negatives:
    - Hard to follow story for newcomers
    - Spirit system could've been better

Conclusion:
    Having a fully realised Kingdom Hearts on the go is any fan's dream, well, dream no longer!
    This is what you're waiting for, as for people not familiar with the franchise, I recommend playing previous entries, with the HD release out now this shouldn't be a problem!
  10. Mar 11, 2014
    Kingdom hearts 3D is the only reason i bought a 3DS at all and it was worth every penny. The combat is the fastest it has ever been in the KH series, Dash to and from buildings to pull off amazing combos is extremely fun. Collecting Dream eaters is also pretty fun trying to find the right combo of Dream eaters for yourself i found to be an enjoyable experience. The OST and aesthetics are beautiful as i've come to expect from the KH series.The story is very enjoyable but it can be a bit confusing to those who haven't played all the games but it does give a nice little explanation of every game. Now for some of the problems i had with it only 2. The game was just a bit too easy and getting the secret ending was just way too easy. The worlds felt way too empty the size was nice but they just felt dead. Overall i really enjoyed it and i'm glad i bought it. Expand
  11. Jul 31, 2012
    This game feels like the perfect Kingdom Hearts game. It mixes part of the Birth by Sleep gameplay (namely, the command deck) with the new flowmotion, which feels amazing to play. The story, without spoiling anything, is perfect if you understand what's going on. I can only see this getting marked down if this is your first or second Kingdom Hearts game, but to long-term fans it feels next to perfect. Expand
  12. Aug 1, 2012
    The combat system alone is the best in the series. The music is an definite improvement and the story is great too. Although the switch between sora and riku can be a little annoying at time it keeps the game from getting boring. The dream eaters are a lot of fun at time but it can feel kind of out of place being like a nintendogs sort of thing in a kingdom hearts game, although square enix has done stranger. It is a must have for any 3ds user or kingdom hearts fan. There is a lot to do in it and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. All around it's a great game. Expand
  13. Dec 28, 2012
    As a fan of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, I am glad to say that this, alongside Kingdom Hearts II, is one of my favourites within the series. While playing this I did not use a circle pad pro, however if you've played a handheld installment of the series, the camera really isn't that hard to use or get used to. Online, I have seen many people complain that this is not Kingdom Hearts III, however it does take place after the events of Kingdom Hearts II, therefore it may as well be basically a 'main game'. For people who are new to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, this game would be very hard to understand, therefore I suggest going back and playing Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II, or if you do not own them, I suggest at the very least watching the walkthroughs, it would be worth your time. The combat in this game is what should be expected if you've previously played a Kingdom Hearts game, the only thing that I would complain about is the lock-on system, it is extremely difficult to lock on to enemies and takes a little getting used to. There are many new features in this game, such as the ability to have Dream Eaters as companions, the ability to play as Riku, and mainly, the 'drop system'. The drop system gives you a limited time playing as Sora and then will switch you to Riku's side of the story, vice versa. In the beginning, this was quite tedious, however it shows you both sides of the story, of what is happening at the same time and is a really good addition to the game. If you own a 3DS and are a fan of the series, this is worth the buy. If not, and you're a newcomer to the series, as I previously stated, I suggest playing Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II - as well as Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, or at the very least do yourself a favour and watch the walkthroughs, they're worth the time doing so. Expand
  14. Jul 31, 2012
    This is the best 3DS game and the only reason i bought one. buy this game and stop complaining that its not KH3, cause it will come in the future and this is a great entry in my favorite series of all time!!
  15. Sep 16, 2014
    This game is quite interesting. I love this game's story. Perhaps, if you're looking for a fun game, this game is for you. I totally enjoyed this game. Yet, I am playing this game repeatedly until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. The walkthrough of this game, is yet, the best. People offend this game, because, they haven't even played it. That's **** This game is creative. Try it out, you may love it.
  16. Aug 4, 2012
    This is easily one of the best 3DS games to hit the market, and one of my favorite handheld titles of all time. It's got everything that you want in a Kingdom Hearts title - an engaging story (if somewhat convoluted, but veterans of the series should have no trouble following it), thrilling combat, and plenty of collectibles. The addition of Flowmotion, Reality Shifts, Spirit companions, and the return of the Command system from Birth by Sleep result in some of the series' best combat to date. While it's not quite as deep as the system in Birth by Sleep, it's still one of the better combat systems you'll find in an action RPG title. It looks great, it plays great, it will make you happy and sad - it's an experience I'm thrilled to have had, and one you should have as well.

The one caveat I have is that at times, the game can be frustrating due to some control quirks, particular related to Flowmotion's direction and the camera motion. Nevertheless, they are minor flaws on an otherwise stellar package.
  17. Jul 31, 2012
    First of all, this was a very good game! The game play was very good and it probably had some of the best graphics and sound on a 3DS game. This IS the best game I have on my 3DS. I highly recommend that you get it.
  18. May 29, 2013
    Great game every fan of the kingdom hearths games should have. i brings new answers to the story and tho making it more complicated it brings new life to it, the combat changes little but is still good, and the music is still awesome.
  19. Aug 2, 2014
    Kingdom Hearts is a breathtaking series as it has one of the deepest stories of any game ever made. Every game in the series is a great game and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance is not an exception. KH DDD is easily the best handheld KH game because of all of the different ways to battle. The Flowmotion battle system was introduced, making it so that you can use the walls and game environment to your advantage to pull off awesome attacks on your enemy. The game plays great, the controls are A+, and the story is easy to catch up on despite it being the latest game in the series. Even if you have never played a game in the Kingdom Hearts series, due to mementos and chronicles you can easily catch yourself up on the story although it is recommended you play the first and second games first. Expand
  20. Aug 10, 2012
    Whether or not you're a fan of Kingdom Hearts - if you own a 3DS you owe it to yourself to play this game. It's arguably the best game on the 3DS and certainly the most fun I've had with a 3DS game.
  21. Jul 31, 2012
    This game is without a doubt, the best game on the 3DS at this present time. The gameplay is smooth and easy to learn, yet difficult to master. The story, whilst confusing at first, is easy to understand after reading or watching the unlockable mementos, like summaries of the previous games in the series. The music in this game is breathtaking, including special versions of the music featured in Disney's Fantasia. From the moment i picked the game up and started playing, til the moment when i finished the games story, i was immensely satisfied.
    The game also looks incredibly beautiful, especially in 3D. The worlds are all perfectly detailed and look almost perfectly similar to the Disney movies they are based on (albeit for a few new areas in order to smoothly transition from one area of a Disney Movie to the next.)
    The voice acting in this game is also really well cast, with Haley Joel Osment and David Gallagher reprising their roles as the series main protagonists, Sora and Riku.
    The best acting however was by Leonard Nimoy, who reprises his role as the main antagonist of the series, Xehanort. The way Nimoy say's the lines makes the villain sound more threatening and villainous and altogether more enjoyable.
    The new gameplay elements added to this game, like Flowmotion and the Pokemon-esque Dream Eaters are great additions to the already superb combat system.
    All in all, i give Kingdom Hearts 3D a 10/10 for superb gameplay, a interesting story, brilliant music and some of the best visuals ever to grace a handheld console.
  22. Aug 1, 2012
  23. Jul 31, 2012
    still playing through the game but I am loving it! the only thing i really don't like it the dream eater system it's a cool idea but it has be going though things i really could care less for
  24. Aug 1, 2012
    I'm still about to play this game, but it is so amazing just to witness it. The graphics are amazingly great, and the story can make you stay on your seat for a long time. Colorful characters are just a piece of this astonishing game. Get it, or you'll regret later.
  25. Aug 2, 2012
    Dream Drop Distance combines many old features from its predecessors with another complicated yet intriguing story. Those who are already familiar with the series will anxiously wait for the next installment, while others will definitely want to take a peek into the previous games before advancing to the next level. Essentially, it draws fans and newcomers alike.
  26. Aug 4, 2012
    Best 3DS game to date...
    Storyline a little bit predicted but doesn't fall behind the KH PS games.
    A must for KH fans who havn't played the DS / PSP games.
  27. Aug 14, 2012
    Awesome game and lots of fun. A must buy for any Kingdom hearts fan.

1. Nov 12, 2012
    A solid action RPG with tons of great mechanics. However, the mechanics have been over-combined, the game is very difficult and the controls should have been tuned up.
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    With it's seventh main game, the Kingdom Hearts-franchise switches things up quite a bit, making room for some exciting new elements, like the flow motion and the including of characters from The World Ends With You. At the same time it manages to keep things like they have been for the past six games, with plenty of beautiful Disney-worlds, great characters and a good mix of action and roleplaying.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    Although the game is more an action-adventure than an RPG, this iteration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise is by far the best pocket adaptation yet. It ties all the loose ends, so that the Kingdom Hearts 3 can have a fresh start. [Sept 2012]