9.0

1. May 6, 2014
    This game is an absolute joy. It's got the charm and wonder of games like K64 and Epic Yarn, without sacrificing the awesome movesets the classic Kirby Super Star introduced. It's simply an enjoyable experience. It takes what Return to Dreamland attempted but really polishes the gameplay elements. Everything melds a lot more harmoniously in this game. The Extra fighter mode is frantic andThis game is an absolute joy. It's got the charm and wonder of games like K64 and Epic Yarn, without sacrificing the awesome movesets the classic Kirby Super Star introduced. It's simply an enjoyable experience. It takes what Return to Dreamland attempted but really polishes the gameplay elements. Everything melds a lot more harmoniously in this game. The Extra fighter mode is frantic and fun. A good way to ease a Smash appetite a bit until the actual game comes out. You've got unlockable modes that provide some more remix of the main game experience, and extra harder boss rush. Plenty of keychains to collect and enjoyable enough I can see myself replaying it. the MUSIC IS AWESOME. It's also the best looking game on the 3DS hands down. It's lush, uses the 3D amazingly, and with the added layers, really enhances some of the exploration and collection. Kirby games are entry level titles but after 22 years, it's easy to see why he still appeals to so many, young and old.

The Kirby franchise's mission is that it's completion be accomplished by anyone. It's was to be a great entry level title in an era of really brutal and often non-welcoming NES and gameboy titles. It was pretty revolutionary at the time. However players of all skill levels have enjoyed the series immensely. Kirby games manage to be engaging regardless of their ease for many people. Their charming worlds, the fun and quirky nature of Kirby's powers, and the high quality of it's visuals and music make gamers happy. Kirby really helped me enjoy gaming as a kid. At the time I felt Dreamland was a lot longer and harder than it actually was. Now I can beat the original in 5 minutes top. Still it gave me the confidence to play more single player games on my own. Now I'm a Monster Hunter fanatic and have played a slew of much harder titles, but I still adore the pink puff ball. As a huge fan, I'd say Kirby's Triple Deluxe is amongst my favorite Kirby games. It stand tall and proud beside the Kirby Super Star classic, in my heart.
  2. May 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kirby Triple Deluxe is a great 3DS game and shows what the system is capable of. Although the game's main story might be too short, (around 7-8 hours collecting all sun stones) the other game modes make the game even longer and worth it, such as Dedede Tour, where you play all 6 Worlds in a short amount of time as King Dedede, and a boss rush mode. Kirby Fighters is a fun diversion where you get to choose one of 10 powerups and duke it out with other Kirby's. You can play a single-player esque campaign or play with your friends, local or download play. Dedede's Drum Dash is a really tricky minigame that has you controlling King Dedede bouncing to the rhythm. It is awkward to control, but the music is great though. Speaking of music, the soundtrack is absolutely amazing, with the boss themes being standout examples. The bosses in this game are outstandingly creative, with Flowery Woods, the first boss in the game, giving a really good impression. Although slightly too easy, Kirby Triple Deluxe is a fun platformer with outstanding music and lots of extra content to make this worth a purchase. Expand
  3. May 14, 2014
    For those looking for the classic Kirby experience Triple Deluxe certainly satisfies. The core gameplay is the same as that we loved and the charm and enjoyment. The Kirby fighters mode was definitely a welcome addition and will hold us over for SSB.
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    I bought my 3ds xl just for some games like m3hu bravely default zelda,monster hunter 4 ultimate (2015) and KIRBY TRIPLE deluxe. ( I'd seen some trailers many months ago and I definitely wanted this game). After I bought it I play it every day,I consider it a "relax and delighting moment" . Very coloured and delightful graphic,which make you addicted to the game,til you finish it. VeryI bought my 3ds xl just for some games like m3hu bravely default zelda,monster hunter 4 ultimate (2015) and KIRBY TRIPLE deluxe. ( I'd seen some trailers many months ago and I definitely wanted this game). After I bought it I play it every day,I consider it a "relax and delighting moment" . Very coloured and delightful graphic,which make you addicted to the game,til you finish it. Very very great game, a must have for 3ds owners. great job hal. Expand
  5. May 15, 2014
    I've never played a Kirby game with the exception of Kirby Air Ride for the Nintendo Gamecube so this experience was very new to me and very enjoyable. The platforming is simple to learn and manages to renew itself with each stage to keep the game feeling fresh. There are numerous abilities to use throughout the game all of which are fun and have multiple moves allowing for a high replayI've never played a Kirby game with the exception of Kirby Air Ride for the Nintendo Gamecube so this experience was very new to me and very enjoyable. The platforming is simple to learn and manages to renew itself with each stage to keep the game feeling fresh. There are numerous abilities to use throughout the game all of which are fun and have multiple moves allowing for a high replay value to try out certain abilities on certain stages. The puzzles in the game aren't too hard or too easy making it enjoyable for all ages. The use of the tilt mechanic is also used well but perhaps the best feature of the game was the use of the background and foreground. Many stages use both areas to maximize game play value and it does a great job with allowing the player the opportunity to interact with both. Key-chains are a great addition that will have any person who likes to beat the game 100% come back over and over again until they get that perfect number. There are also many Sun Stones to collect and some are easily missed adding a degree of difficulty to the game. The multiplayer is a great deal of fun and is reminiscent of Super Smash Bros which is a good thing seeing how Nintendo is releasing the 3DS title soon. Dedede's Drum mini game is fun and challenging and also adds to the game's replay value. Expand
  6. Jul 9, 2014
    Kirby Triple Deluxe is a great platformer with amazing gameplay, soundtrack, level design, storyline, extra games, and secrets that will keep you playing for a long time. I recommend this game for any nintendo fan to pick up.
  7. May 20, 2014
    I got this little gem a few days ago, and am currently on level 4-4, and so far the game has been nothing but amazing. The graphics are mind blowing, as the last time I played a 3DS game it looked pretty dismal, however, I'd argue this looks better than "Adventure Wii" which is a full console release! The 3D effect is disorienting, as always, but you can turn that off :). The gameplay isI got this little gem a few days ago, and am currently on level 4-4, and so far the game has been nothing but amazing. The graphics are mind blowing, as the last time I played a 3DS game it looked pretty dismal, however, I'd argue this looks better than "Adventure Wii" which is a full console release! The 3D effect is disorienting, as always, but you can turn that off :). The gameplay is the best in a Kirby game for 22 years, when "Kirby's Adventure" for the NES was released. This is easily the best Kirby game since then! For the most part, the levels are basic as basic can be, except feel less linear, and encourage exploration. Some of the levels have multiple paths, and a lot have traps around every corner. The level design, and enemy design is an endearing as always, too. The new powers are awesome, with the addition of Hypernova, which is the greatest ability in any Kirby game, ever. The plot is nowhere near as dark as the other Kirby great, Kirby's adventure, in which the star rod had been stolen and tainted with dark forces, making the people of dreamland have nightmares, and kirby had to rescue it, replace it in the fountain of dreams, and defeat the dark forces on "Nightmare" (Who could be Zero's dad :p). In this game, however, DeDeDe has been captured, but let me ask you, why the hell does Kirby want to save the evil, corrupt leader of Dreamland? He's been trying to defeat him, and mostly succeeding, for the past 26/27 years, and now they're suddenly friends!? What the hell Nintendo? Thank god plot isn't exactly an important feature in modern Kirby games :p. Also, I ask, why are Waddle dee's and others of DeDeDe's minions wanting to foil Kirby? It makes very little sense, but does it have to? No, no it doesn't.

10/10 would Kirby again.
  8. Jun 30, 2014
    Another installment in one of my favorite franchises of all time that naturally does great as a Kirby game, while bringing new things to the table to make itself unique. If you were on the fence about getting a 3DS all this time for some reason, now is the time to get one.

Also my score is supposed to say 12/10 but this site won't let me go higher.
  9. Jul 9, 2014
    I had only given Kirby a few hours over the past 20 years and now because of this game I feel like I have been missing out on some real greatness. At first the game was super easy and offered no real challenge, yet it's compelling enough to continue based on the chipper music and colourful scenery. These are the warm up levels. By the time you reach 50% completion you will begin to break aI had only given Kirby a few hours over the past 20 years and now because of this game I feel like I have been missing out on some real greatness. At first the game was super easy and offered no real challenge, yet it's compelling enough to continue based on the chipper music and colourful scenery. These are the warm up levels. By the time you reach 50% completion you will begin to break a sweat. All of the keychains you collect offer glimpses into the past Kirby library, and there are hundreds of them to collect, although not necessary. Also, finding the sunstones is fun, but not essential to collect them all (in case you can't figure out some of them). These aspects offer a tonne of replay, and make the game very hard to put down for completists. It's tough to play the game in public because the music is so great you'll crank it full blast, This is also one of the best 3D games visually, the amount of care and detail makes it feel like HD. Triple Deluxe is an all-ages gateway drug into the Kirby universe. Expand
  10. May 9, 2014
    Este nuevo kirby es excelente y el 3d se usa bastante, me gusta los nuevos poderes de kirby el juego es fácil pero súper divertido me he disfrutado mucho este juego.
  11. May 17, 2014
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe is a fantastic entry in the series, with new, unique abilities, interesting bosses, references to older games like The Amazing Mirror,and Return To Dreamland, with interesting collectibles and amazing challenges. The bosses were interesting and had the return of old bosses like Kracko, (spoilers) Masked Dedede, and Dark Meta Knight. The mini games are amazing, withKirby: Triple Deluxe is a fantastic entry in the series, with new, unique abilities, interesting bosses, references to older games like The Amazing Mirror,and Return To Dreamland, with interesting collectibles and amazing challenges. The bosses were interesting and had the return of old bosses like Kracko, (spoilers) Masked Dedede, and Dark Meta Knight. The mini games are amazing, with Kirby Fighters, combining Smash Bros with Kirby, Dedede's Drum Bash, a well done rhythm game, Dedede's Tour, which gave players the chance to play as King Dedede, and both The Arena/ True Arena. With great music that will be remembered for years after the games released, and though getting 100% is not worth it in my opinion, being a remake of the Kirby Master video from Return To Dreamland, it is still a great game in the series. Expand
  12. Jun 8, 2014
    This game is a blast! My girlfriend who never play video game love it. The animation and the music is top of the chart! I own so many video games I'm lost some time. I enjoy this game every time! A must buy for Nintendo Fan!
  13. Jun 14, 2014
    I've always loved Kirby from the bottom of my heart, and I always believe the critics are always underestimating Kirby! Upon receiving Triple Deluxe, I decided to open it at once! Drum dash was one thing I played all night. And of course, the new concept of Kirby fights Kirby. It has all the abilities I would have ever imagined (Except for maybe sand...) and really pushes on the effortsI've always loved Kirby from the bottom of my heart, and I always believe the critics are always underestimating Kirby! Upon receiving Triple Deluxe, I decided to open it at once! Drum dash was one thing I played all night. And of course, the new concept of Kirby fights Kirby. It has all the abilities I would have ever imagined (Except for maybe sand...) and really pushes on the efforts of HAL Laboratories to make an amazing game series. One problem though: The 3D of any 3DS game strains my eyes SO MUCH!! You can turn the 3D off, but I still regret getting a 3DS instead of a 2DS. Expand
  14. Aug 13, 2014
    This game has been nothing but delightful. Everything from the music, to the level design just make me smile. There are plenty of collectibles, sun-stones and extra levels to unlock
  15. Aug 24, 2014
    Kirby Triple Deluxe is one of the best Kirby games out there. The graphics are cool, the gameplay is addicting, and all the abilities are awesome. The main new addition is Hyper nova Kirby where you turn rainbow colors and suck really big things. My favorite ability is the sword. It has that Super Smash Bros. feel to it. My favorite mode is Kirby Fighters where you choose what ability youKirby Triple Deluxe is one of the best Kirby games out there. The graphics are cool, the gameplay is addicting, and all the abilities are awesome. The main new addition is Hyper nova Kirby where you turn rainbow colors and suck really big things. My favorite ability is the sword. It has that Super Smash Bros. feel to it. My favorite mode is Kirby Fighters where you choose what ability you want and fight other Kirby's with different abilities. Kirby Triple Deluxe is a must-play for anyone and everyone. Expand
  16. Sep 4, 2014
    Game was entertaining and kirby was too cuuuuuuuute. each level was fun to play and the new power ups were good. But the total story level was short and the game was too easy that it is hard to die. but with addition game modes, i'll give this game a 9/10.
  17. Oct 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kirby is a series that has been through the blender time and time again. Attempting to come out with something new for this series was extremely hard, especially after classics like Kirby Superstar, Kirby in Dreamland 3 and the fan favourite Crystal Shards. These titles set the impossible bar that titles afterwards needed to meet. With the cult classic hit, Kirby's Air Ride, and the beloved Kirby's Epic Yarn, we possibly saw the end of the pink puff balls career as it was obvious that Return to Dreamland didn't quench the thirst at all and was just an even more generic Kirby. This being said, how does Kirby Triple Deluxe hold up in the mix of newer additions?

Kirby Triple Deluxe is everything you expect from a Kirby game. You jump, you suck up enemies, you go through linear worlds that are often alliterations of candy or pastries. The story again is a little bit different from Kirby games of the past. When I say little...its literally the smallest touch. Kirby goes off to save another race, much like Crystal Shards. This time though its Dedede that you want to save? I felt this was an interesting but ultimately awkward choice for the series. Dedede is considered Kirby's arch-rival in the Kirby franchise, but Kirby being the nice puff ball that he is needs to rescue him. Just doesn't flow as nicely as it did with Dedede fighting alongside you as Crystal Shards, but again this is minor criticism. In a Kirby game you expect linear, and heck, it gives you that.

With the linear plot aside, let's talk game mechanics. This is possibly the best Kirby's felt in a long time, if not the best its felt. The flow is brilliant and feels exactly like the previous installments with the obvious touch-ups that allow heavy functionality. New abilities are weird but fun and unique, the stages hold to a design really well and are probably the best thought out Kirby stages gimmick wise in the whole franchise. Just take a look at that Circus stage, that stage is definitely one of the most recognized stages in this game and it shows. The best utilization in this Kirby game is the 3D. This adds a whole different dimension to gameplay and makes it feel so much more alive. This is mostly used in boss battles as the bosses often utilize the 3D in their attacks. This may cause a disconnect for the time of attacks for people playing it in 2D. That being said, this feels like I'm playing the best components of past games, with no issues.

Jun Ishikawa and Hirokazu Ando knew what they were doing when they made this OST. It screams new-age Kirby while also pandering to the older feel of the series. This was a smart choice in their parts to play to both audiences while creating a very atmospheric piece. Each piece fits perfectly with the stage paired with it, and that final boss music is to die for! Truly makes battling it worth it. Along with the OST, the visuals are equally up to par. Much like its predecessor, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, the style of Kirby and its graphics are exactly the same. The designs of the bosses and stages though are the biggest difference. While Return to Dreamland had a more minimalist approach with its design, Triple Deluxe truly reinvents the Kirby feel. The designs of stages are more memorable and the designs of the bosses are more intricate and don't feel as generic as they use to be. Take Flowery Woods for example, this is a textbook Kirby boss with a complete overhaul making it more vibrant. This game took the aesthetics of the past and easily came into its own.

Even though I didn't touch base on the mini-games involved such as Dedede's Drum Dash, and Kirby Fighters, I felt as if those deserved their own review if done since they are technically their own games in their own right and available separately. That being said, the modes in Kirby are the same we come to expect in any Kirby game. There is the Adventure mode, which runs you through the main story. There is movie mode, which allows you to watch the little cutscenes placed in a Kirby game. The mini-games which are always a great time waster. Of course ending it off with a tournament of all the bosses in the game.

This game was the Kirby game we have been hoping for in order to revive the Kirby franchise. Despite an overly linear story and pathway to the goal, this was to expected. What was meant to wow us was the brilliant visuals and designs, the grandiose OST, and the amazing feel of the gameplay. How does this one hold up to the rest of the Kirby greats? Well just turn up that 3D setting and take Kirby Triple Deluxe for a whirl and try it out for yourself!

Story: 7.8
    Gameplay: 9.2
    Visuals: 8.8
    Music: 8.9
    Overall: 8.6

1. Jun 27, 2014
    Kirby Triple Deluxe is an improvement of the series' design, and also of other series' elements.
  2. Jun 25, 2014
    Without doing anything particularly innovative or great, this adventure of the beloved Kirby is a quite good platformer, ideal for your summer vacation with your 3DS.
  3. Jun 20, 2014
    Although the controls are a little stiff, the new boss battles, multiple game modes, and the Hypernova ability all add to what makes Triple Deluxe a really fun game to play.