6.7

1. Jan 30, 2012
    I LOVE this game. I have been following Mutant Mudds since it was first announced in Nintendo Power. GAMEPLAY: The gameplay is flawless. The platforming challenge is perfect. The difficulty curve is just right. Some people may whine about it being too difficult, but like anything challenging the reward is great. ART: The art is an incredible blend of 8-bit and 16-bit. I think they called it 12-bit. :-) The 3D effect when you go into the background is really fantastic.

SOUND:
    The music is authentic NES style music, which might sound bad, but it sounds really amazing.

REPLAY:
    I found this game really addicting. Even now that I have completed it 100% I find myself going back for more. It is just fun to navigate the levels, jumping, hovering, and shooting the Muddies.

BOTTOM LINE:
    Buy it. I joined Metacritic just so I could leave a review for this fantastic game. Bravo Renegade Kid. I look forward to your other eShop games.

2. Feb 4, 2012
    Mutant Mudds is really good. I like NES/SNES games, and Mutant Mudds is a great blend of the things I like about the 8-bit/16-bit era - but with modern touches.

The game is quite challenging in parts. I felt very rewarded when I completed the game 100%.

This is a superb addition to the eShop. Well worth $8.99.

Go buy it.
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    One of , if not the best game on the eShop right now. Fans of classic platforming will love this game. The 3D effect is used brilliantly and the game itself oozes charm.

This is a must own for any 3DS owner, no doubt about it.
  4. Mar 31, 2012
    Not a revolutionary platformer, but a fun game nonetheless. Everything about this game is fun. A good amount of content for the price, and a classic nostalgia filled look.
  5. May 24, 2014
    Mutant Mudds is fit to bursting with retro visuals, retro gameplay and retro difficulty, and in my eyes, that makes it the best 'non-Mario' scroller available for 3DS today. If you're in the mood for some retro thrills and up to a pretty stiff challenge, you're in for a real treat with Max and his gorgeous pixelated crusade against the evil Mudds!

Indeed, with the possible exception of
    Terry Cavanagh's -- very different, yet -- utterly sublime VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds is probably my favourite downloadable title on the 3DS eShop to date... even surpassing fellow greats like Cave Story and SteamWorld Dig. Yup, THAT good.
  6. May 4, 2012
    This is an awesome retro looking and feeling platformer. It uses the 3D capabilities of nintendo 3DS very well, and Renegade Kid is a very good developer.
  7. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a must get for 3DS owners if you're looking for an intense platforming game that will test your skills as a gamer. However, it does get quite ridiculous at certain times especially during the optional side levels (which I won't spoil for you). The 3D is perfect and has very interesting uses of it in the game. I found this game very well made, but I suggest you download the demo before getting the game so you know how it plays and what to look forward too. Expand

1. Aug 6, 2012
    There's a lot of depth for a downloadable title game, and Mutant Mudds contrasts strikingly with the first wave of DSiWare games, showing how the service is evolving.
  2. Jul 29, 2012
    Mutant Mudds is a nice interpetation of old-school action platforming, lacking in depth but succeeding in providing a genuine gameplay experience.
  3. Jul 24, 2012
    A treat for anyone raised on a screen the size of a custard cream. [Sept 2012, p.107]