Need for Speed: The Run 3DS

5.9

1. May 21, 2016
    This game exceeded by expectations by miles. This game actually has a story mode that is actually fun to play through and the mini games aren't as bad as people say, and they are not very frequent. There are plenty of cars to unlock and choose from. Cars are unlocked by completing story events and unlocking achievements. You can also play online or locally with friends. I always playedThis game exceeded by expectations by miles. This game actually has a story mode that is actually fun to play through and the mini games aren't as bad as people say, and they are not very frequent. There are plenty of cars to unlock and choose from. Cars are unlocked by completing story events and unlocking achievements. You can also play online or locally with friends. I always played this with my friends, and we had a BLAST. This was even more fun to play on multiplayer than Mario Kart! The graphics are really good for a 3DS game. In fact, this actually looks better than the Wii version! This game is worth a try and is the best racing game on the system. Expand
  2. Apr 8, 2014
    Need For Speed The Run joins the ranks of some great racing titles on the 3DS, but what it does best, is not exactly what it does new, but what it reminds us of.

The Run feels similar to the console versions, but different enough that you can tell two different development teams were working on each version. And I'm talking about how the cut-scenes in the 3DS version are hand drawn comic panels, but how the game feels when you are behind the wheel.

Graphically the game holds up compared to Ridge Racer Or Asphalt 3D, but where the game stands out is it's heavy influence with it's vehicle combat borrowed from Criterion's Burnout series. While EA in the last few years have even hired Criterion to work on it's home console versions, not even those games come as close as what this handheld version does to emulating classic Burnout titles.

It's racing there's not much you can say about it, it's Point A to Point B kind of stuff, no laps but plenty of rival/cops to take care of, and this is where Burnout's influence stands out, takedowns are just as satisfying to pull off in this game as they were back 10 years ago when they appeared in Burnout 3.

If you are looking for a game to calm those Burnout cravings while you wait for EA to pull their finger out, you can't do better than The Run for the 3DS.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    you sure love your EA titles mr Madpenguin rating them massively above average, weird that, but yeah Picked this game up for 10euros in a bargain bin and it wasn't worth that, avoid like the plague, I also got Ridge Racer 3d at the same time and yeah that game is infinitely better value for money for a launch game. go for Ridge Racer if you want some cheap racer for the 3ds.
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    This version out plays the high def versions by miles, story is slightly different but it does not detract from the awesome work the devs did to squeeze so much out of the 3DS and still manage to have Autolog and actual multiplayer racing on a handheld. The sense of speed is fantastic, the handling is better than Ridge Racer 3DS. This brings me back to the days of the original Need ForThis version out plays the high def versions by miles, story is slightly different but it does not detract from the awesome work the devs did to squeeze so much out of the 3DS and still manage to have Autolog and actual multiplayer racing on a handheld. The sense of speed is fantastic, the handling is better than Ridge Racer 3DS. This brings me back to the days of the original Need For Speed Games where you had crazy jumps and awesome car chases. The mini games adds to the game by adding a welcomed respite from the insane speed. Expand
  5. Jun 5, 2013

1. Feb 10, 2012
    While flawed in a few areas, the superb online experience and high speed action strapped into the little cartridge here packs enough thrills to satisfy any 3DS owner with an insistence for speed.
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Jan 14, 2012
    A solid and punchy racer that lays it on too thick with the gimmicks and then forgets to put any bends in. All the same, this is a strong restart for NFS. [Christmas 2011, p.69]
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 17, 2011
    It packs a considerable amount of content into that tiny cartridge. [Jan 2012, p.98]