6.9

1. Jul 13, 2016
    I'd love to train my Nintendog to be the best dog everyone's ever seen! Especially if it was on the 3DS! Sadly, that's all you can do in Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends. Great for dog lovers.
  2. Feb 18, 2014
    As with the original, the voice commands need some work. The competition events aren't very good. Frisbee is fun, lure coursing is ok, but .... those voice commands are just so frustrating. The 3D in the game is nice and the visuals are much better than the DS version. Nothing really groundbreaking except maybe the addition of cats, which unfortunately don't do anything except look cute.
  3. Apr 5, 2013
    It's a great considering it's genre. It gives you more than you can want from a pet raising game and using the 3d tech is nearly perfect. But the dog and cat breeds should have been more than this.
  4. Dec 4, 2011
    The new Nintendogs introduces cats, which add more of a diversity among your pets and are also fun to play with. But there are only 3 types of cats compared to the 27 species of dogs that are available, so the game still mainly focuses on training your pooches. In addition to this, cats cannot go on walks or compete in contests, so they are stay at home pets. The walks in this game areThe new Nintendogs introduces cats, which add more of a diversity among your pets and are also fun to play with. But there are only 3 types of cats compared to the 27 species of dogs that are available, so the game still mainly focuses on training your pooches. In addition to this, cats cannot go on walks or compete in contests, so they are stay at home pets. The walks in this game are terrible, and are completely butchered versions from the first nintendog games. You cannot travel all across town and can only travel about a quarter of the max amount of walking in the first games, but there is the ability to go to different places in town such as cafes. There is your street, the beachside, the main part of town, and the nearby mountains to walk in. The gifts received during walks mostly consist of garbage that can be recycled for other gifts, you cant pick up hats or collors anymore either. It is also much harder to earn money because contests early on only give you about $10 for coming in 1st place, and they also progressively get harder to win because sand pits come in during the 3rd cup for disc competitons. Another letdown is that the # of pets you can have has decreased from 8 to 6, meaning less fun and diversity among pets. In conclusion, i give the game a 7.5, but a 8 is the closest to it, so I'll deal with it, for now... Expand
  5. Jun 25, 2011
    I'd never played the DS version of this game, so I cannot compare it with the previous version. However, after a month of purchasing this, I still find myself feeding and training my poodle. My only criticism is that I can't have more than 3 pets at home at the same time. But definitely, this is one of the best in 3DS library so far.
  6. Jun 25, 2011

There is plenty to do in Nintendogs + Cats, but most gamers will get tired of the competitions pretty quickly.
  2. May 16, 2011
    It may not be leaps and bounds away from the original Nintendogs, but a few improvements and additions, regardless of gimmick factor, means that Nintendogs + cats does prove that the virtual pet genre is still alive and kicking.
  3. May 1, 2011
    Nintendogs + Cats has been outmanouvered by other stationary virtual pet simulators for both Move and Kinect, but will still any animal cravings you may have during a trip. But at home it's more likely to collect dust than play catch.