Pilotwings Resort 3DS

7.3

1. Mar 28, 2011
    The game is very short, but it is still fun and looks very pretty.

However, the game is not really worth the £40 admission fee, more worth a rent than a buy.
  2. May 13, 2011
    Although varied in its missions, the casual nature of it shows in that even someone with a modicum of skill can quickly ace their way to platinum class. Don't expect this to be all that difficult. It also happens to be one of the few titles that makes good use of the depth effect.
  3. Jul 15, 2011
    PilotWings Resort is a great pilot to encapsulate the begining of your 3DS journey. The variety of missions in mission flight mode are decent if repetitive, the graphics are lush, almost equalling wii's efforts with similar games such as Wii Sports Resort. The trouble is once you've three stared everything in mission flight mode, you'll never feel the incentive to pick it back up. Not evenPilotWings Resort is a great pilot to encapsulate the begining of your 3DS journey. The variety of missions in mission flight mode are decent if repetitive, the graphics are lush, almost equalling wii's efforts with similar games such as Wii Sports Resort. The trouble is once you've three stared everything in mission flight mode, you'll never feel the incentive to pick it back up. Not even the bare bones Free Flight mode is enough. In all a good taster and tech demo for the 3DS despite it's general lack of 3D usage. Expand
  4. Jun 18, 2011
    This game is really, really short. I love the lovely graphics, perfect controls and entertaining missions. But all of this doesn't hide the fact that Resort has nothing on Pilotwings 64, with it's four expansive locations. Resort has one, tiny island without much to do. And a nasty time limit. If you get into it, Resort is a fun flight sim, if brief.
  5. Jun 29, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game. Enjoyed being the keyword. I never play it anymore because it contained such little content. Once I beat the main story there was nothing left to do. The game contains nice graphics and the music and gameplay are both decent. The whole game is good, but that's it. Not great or bad just good. 7/10.
  6. Feb 19, 2015
    Finally got this game after years of waiting for a price drop. It has dated very badly I feel. It is obvious playing it in retrospect that it was among the first games released for the 3ds, as designers have pushed the technology much further since. Graphically this feels very basic. There is nothing wrong with the way the game looks; everything is very clean and functional, but the 3dsFinally got this game after years of waiting for a price drop. It has dated very badly I feel. It is obvious playing it in retrospect that it was among the first games released for the 3ds, as designers have pushed the technology much further since. Graphically this feels very basic. There is nothing wrong with the way the game looks; everything is very clean and functional, but the 3ds can do so much more.

The controls are for the most part spot on, and flying the various vehicles feels pleasant and reliable enough, but realistic physics is not what you get here (but if you did expect an actual flight sim from a pilotwings game then you are a bit misguided anyway).

Gameplay is good in short burst, but very repetitive. The difficulty curve is fairly well judged, and the game gets tough around the mid way point.

The 3d effects here are very basic. Again, this was one of the first games released for the 3ds, and it is clear that designers had not really got their heads around how to pull the most from stereoscopic 3d.

My over all opinion of the game is that it feels like a tech demo more than a fullly fledged 3ds game. If you pay full prive you will end up feeling very short changed, but if you can fiind it cheap (I got my copy for a mere £7), then it is fun in small doses.
  7. Nov 6, 2011
    Pilotwings Resort is a good, quick game, with lots to explore and a good use of 3D. The missions are entertaining, but once cleared there really is no point doing them again (unless you want a 3 star or perfect score). While fun at first, it feels as if there's nothing to do after a while.
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    This is a really good game, and shows what can be done and how the console be exploited in the future
    Although I think this game was rushed, just to give the console a game before the proper games for the console were released, like Starfox and Zelda
    The map is ripped straight from Wii sports resort, and the type of aircraft/gadgets you can fly in are typical to the pilot wings series The

The 3D in this game is one of the best on the console, and I always get this game out to my friends to show the 3DS off, but when playing for long times, I normally have the slider at half, this is the only game I have which I need to do this so it is very strange

If you are planning to get this game, I would recommend buying it pre-owned or rent it, as it can be very short but I guess that's the purpose of a small device!
  9. Dec 25, 2011
    Truly a beautiful game that represents WuHu Island as a permanent resort location in Nintendo's world. Racing across the skies in a variety of vehicles. However, it is very short, there's no competitive aspect and no online leader boards. It's more of a mini game that probably should have been included as a series of downloads for the 3DS.
  10. Feb 22, 2012
    I have heard and read many positive reviews for this game. I personally got my copy and I didn't like it, probably because of the gameplay. Anyway, I just played this game for a few minutes so I might be assuming too much. I already traded my copy for street fighter 3d and I don't regret it.
  11. Sep 14, 2013
    Fun game, except that it was taken straightly off from Wii Sports Resort's Island Flyover mini-game. It's also fun that It lets you gang glide and blast off with the rocket belt. Score: 3/5.
  12. Jun 27, 2014
    Not anything special, or "best in it's class" but Pilotwings Resort is a great calm game where you can explore Wuhu Island on a jetpack. What, there's more vehicle types? I don't believe you.
  13. Dec 20, 2014
    good graphics. lots of fun. you feel like you're really flying! my one slight complaint is that the game shows mercy when it shouldn't. like, if i collect a 10-point tablet and then crash, i still get to keep the 10 points. it's not an easy game overall, though.

1. Jun 13, 2011
    Pilotwings resort does a good job of providing a fun go to experience that makes good use of the 3DS hardware features.
  2. Jun 5, 2011
    Monster Games did an excellent job building upon the template established by Wii Sports Resort, and the end result is a title that very much feels like a true Pilotwings game.
  3. May 8, 2011
    Pretty light on content but it's (nearly) a launch title so it does its job well enough, particularly when it comes to demonstrating the value-add of the 3D depth.