8.7

1. Oct 31, 2013
    This game has really advanced the Pokemon series more than I thought possible. While nothing in the gameplay really has changed since the original Red/Blue games, all the advancements around that are truly what stand out. And even some of the minor things like getting EXP from captures really give the game alot of bonus points from me as it's not as grindy as past incarnations have been.This game has really advanced the Pokemon series more than I thought possible. While nothing in the gameplay really has changed since the original Red/Blue games, all the advancements around that are truly what stand out. And even some of the minor things like getting EXP from captures really give the game alot of bonus points from me as it's not as grindy as past incarnations have been. Bout the only thing wrong with this game is the fact that, even for a Pokemon game, the story here is very, very bad. I know the story hasn't really changed over the years but in this particular instance, it took a nosedive off a cliff. But mindlessly crusing through it is very easy to do and getting that perfect team balance is also very nice. While I do think that the new Fairy type is a bit OP as of the time of this writing, I can't help but think it's added alot to the balance of the game in a positive way. I'm sure pretty much everyone with a 3DS has one of these two games already. I myself actually preferred the exclusives from Y better but that's very much based on my love for SP. Attack moves, but there is very little seperating the two. Definitely buy one of these two games as it'll give you hours of entertainment. Expand
  2. May 9, 2014
    Game: Pokemon X
    Genre: RPG
    Developer: GameFreak/Nintendo System: 3DS Total Score: 94/100 Value Score: 9.4/10 • Story: 7/10 • Characters: 8/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +A very lengthy storyline +Although not many changes with the storyline, the antagonist team story
    Game: Pokemon X

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +A very lengthy storyline
    +Although not many changes with the storyline, the antagonist team story has a unique twist not seen in previous games.
    +A lot of old pokemon have re-emerged unlike the past two gens where it was mainly new pokemon with a few old pokemon
    +Battle system is the same formula but is fresh thanks to new changes and new additions
    +Characters can have their appearances be customized
    +Unique change to previous games when it comes to getting starter pokemon
    +Many new options were made thanks to the evolution of the internet infrastructure for the series - new modes include Wonder Trade, a improved GTS system and other new modes.
    +Thanks to the new online capabilities, Pokemon feels more like a social game as players can be connected through the internet, challenge or trade each other at any given time throughout with each other in the whole world.
    +Mega Evolutions have brought forth a evolution in the battle mechanics in the series.
    +Fairy Type is the new pokemon type that adds flavor to the competitive scene and the mechanics as many pokemon have been re-arranged with the typing.
    +Saving feature is practically instant compared to previous games where you had to wait a few seconds.
    +Pokemon's Design has officially changed from the 2D perspective to the 3D perspective thus revolutionizing the series just like the third gen did with its own visual design changes from its previous gens.
    +The OST is one of the best made in the series.
    +There are a lot of easter eggs and many odes to the first, second and third gens through Pokemon appearances, certain dungeon/areas, etc.
    +Additional features which help you breed/groom pokemon and the combination with the new online capabilities make Pokemon X/Y a game that will be played for a long time with endless hours.

Cons
    -No major changes to the storyline, same formula
    -Rival and Antagonist Team are still weak compared to previous games in the series
    -Seasons feature from Gen 5 did not carry over
    -Some of the older pokemon still have their midi voices recycled rather than improving them with new sound files
    -Post game content is quite weak compared to previous games.
    -Elite Four do not get stronger in post game
    -Safari Zone in the game is more like a Safari backyard.
  3. Oct 22, 2014
    In my top 3 games of last year. This game is worth playing before OR and AS come out. The one thing I love most about the game is that pretty much every pokemon ever is in the game, there are a few you can only get in one version but it's nice to see some new and a lot of old pokemon.
  4. Jan 17, 2014
    Pokemon X or i should say PokeAwesome X Is one best game that i have enjoy ever!
    the gameplay is fun,, and a new feture such as changing what you wear is awesome as well
    i love the pokemon games more then i use to i hope they keep this up like this one and y
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    Nintendo's premier handheld franchise finally hits the 3DS, and it looks like it's gonna be the console's biggest system seller yet. Boasting new 3D animations and environments, Pokémon X nevertheless plays it pretty close to home when it comes to gameplay, with scattered innovations that definitely add to the experience.

The 3D graphics in the cities and roads are pretty neat, but not

The 3D graphics in the cities and roads are pretty neat, but not a huge leap, all things considered. The game plays very similarly to previous entries, and some of the camera shenanigans have even been experimented with before in Pokémon Black and White. Sometimes those camera movements can even annoy, like what happens when you're rollerskating through Lumiose City, the game's version of Paris. The actual battles are another thing, though: every pokémon is fully animated, and the static camera angle is gone. This adds a whole new level to the battle system, making it even more enjoyable.

Perhaps the biggest change is regarding the game's online connectivity. Pokémon has always been crafted as a social game, and never has the social aspect been so accessible as it is here. Online trades of all kinds can happen anytime, anywhere (if you have access to w-fi), by a mere couple of clicks on the touchscreen. The bottom screen is also home to a pokémon training program, letting competitive players and breeders optimize their pokémon by playing fun minigames rather than grinding for stat-enhancing items.

The developers have gone out of the way to make the game faster, too, which is great news. This includes letting your character run from the get-go and the reworked Exp. Share item, which lets you level up your team in a much quicker manner. My favorite, though, is the decision to reward your team with experience points even when you capture wild pokémon, which not only helps you grind for levels, but also encourages you to stay true to the franchise's slogan and really try to catch them all. Some in-game processes are still a drag, though, like having to sort through seas of unneeded menus to simply manage the pokémon stored in your boxes. Given their focus on speedier gameplay, it seems weird to overlook that.

The story starts out as your typical Pokémon tale, with the same old kid-from-small-town-foils-criminal-organization routine. This is a formula that has stopped being fresh ten years ago, and it would really benefit from some change. Luckily, the showdown against Team Flare, the criminal organization du jour, eventually becomes a lot darker than I would expect; it has some pretty big nazi undertones, which makes you actually care for a change. It's a nice surprise, which further proves how much more interesting the series would get with a more compelling storyline. A good starting point would be Nintendo's own Earthbound (or Mother, in Japan) series, which has a similar cute-RPG presentation, but manages to make its story genuinely touching and entertaining by giving attention to detail and character development.

So Pokémon X isn't a revolution for the series like many thought it would be. Personally, I don't think they need to reinvent the wheel, but some change would do it good. Luckily, the gameplay is even more addictive, thanks to the speeding up effort, while the new pokémon are varied and well designed. And of course, it has never been easier to connect with friends (and strangers!) as you brave the game's locations. All of this makes it a precious addition to the 3DS library, and well worth your time and money.

Rating: 8.5
  6. Nov 23, 2013
    When my parents first brought me Pokemon Yellow, I don't think they understood the monster they would create. I've always enjoyed Pokemon, and I probably always will, even though I'm out of the house now and should find better things to do with my time.

This game finally takes Pokemon into 3D, and I was extremely skeptical, but I shouldn't have feared knowing Game Freaks dedication to the main series.

What a difference 3D makes when going on the same journey again, but just with new faces. The world is incredible, and it's great to explore these environments, especially since you can move diagonally and have roller blades to quickly move around. Furthermore, the advent of character customization has come and it is wonderful. Stylizing your character is another way that livens up this predictable experience into a more personal experience. The horror of not being able to enter Lumiose City's fashion boutique really encourages you to learn how to accessorize and earn style throughout Kalos. Such gives the experience a breath of fresh air again while maintaining the core experience.

In terms of gameplay, I don't think I need to say anything. If you're on this site, you know what to expect. Game Freak did add a few curve-balls to keep you on your toes though. They added horde battles, which are cool in theory, but take way too long and the frame rate drops all too often, and then there's inverse battles, which is a fascinating diversion to say the least. Probably the biggest curve-ball is the fairy type, which I wasn't too excited about when they announced it, nor was I too blown away by it in game. The type chart has been changed accordingly, and some other minor changes have been made as well. I'm still waiting for the days of dual-typed moves, although we get a glimpse of it in Flying Press. Hopefully, they will move in that direction.

Musically, this game is different. They've changed the style just a little bit, and sometimes it comes off great, but sometimes I never really cared for it. They also revamped a lot of the Pokemon cries (GameSpot's long time complaint which no one cared about).

At the end of my journey with X, I was left wanting more. This game didn't satisfy the itch. They have made IV's easier, EV's easier, gaining experience easier, everything was easier. Therein lies this games biggest issue. This is probably the easiest game to date, and it's mostly due to the Exp. share. Now, every Pokemon that participates in the battle gets full experience and everyone else gets half. This lead my team to significantly out level pretty much everyone. I even turned it off, but it was too late. Ultimately, it feels like the Exp. Share is a grand cover up of the fact that this game has so little material. I finished the core experience within 35 hours, the shortest I've ever taken for the game and the post game content as well.

This is the most polished Pokemon game to date. It's amazing and it's wonderful, but it's too easy. It's left me wanting more, and there is no way to fill it until the next set of games roll out. Please Game Freak, at least for the veterans, make a challenge mode or add something to keep us occupied as this game ultimately lacked the enormous content of the previous generation.
  7. Nov 26, 2013
    At first it looks like just another sequel, then i played it. it had a feel that no other Pokemon game had, freedom. for the first time for me, i felt completly free in a pokemon game. it is a good game to start in with the series but some people who dont like the newer pokemon my have a different opinion. some people i talk to say that it has strayed too far off of the pokemon conceptAt first it looks like just another sequel, then i played it. it had a feel that no other Pokemon game had, freedom. for the first time for me, i felt completly free in a pokemon game. it is a good game to start in with the series but some people who dont like the newer pokemon my have a different opinion. some people i talk to say that it has strayed too far off of the pokemon concept but i would say it has enhanced it. Expand
  8. Jul 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This got me absolutely hooked on Pokemon again. The gameplay is very much what you'd expect. Collect Pokemon, beat some evil team who keep appearing all over the place, beat a bunch of gyms and then the elite 4 but it was all very well done and kept me addicted throughout. The addition of exp share really helped make the Pokemon training less of a grind and more fun, which I love. The mega-evolutions were a great touch too. Visually this is the best Pokemon game by a country mile, the nation of Kalos is wonderful and varied and the 3D (even when not stereoscopic) is very nicely done and really helps bring the world to life. The music is great as usual but the biggest improvements come in the online play where things have been drastically improved. I've spent many an hour battling away on battle-spot and although a 6v6 option would have been a nice addition I now enjoy the faster pace of the 3v3 battles. I like all the new starter Pokemon and although there aren't too many new Pokemon this time round most of them are well designed and the fact you can get a huge chunk of the 700 odd available Pokemon on this game is a massive bonus. All in all this is a truly great game. Expand
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the same old Pokemon you've been playing for the last 17 years, so don't come into it expecting some sort of dramatic revolution. You will be disappointed. It is, however, very refreshing to see the game break away from the cardboard cut-outs sliding across the screen. It also does a nice job of trying to give you a mix of both new and old Pokemon, so even the old Genwunners likeThis is the same old Pokemon you've been playing for the last 17 years, so don't come into it expecting some sort of dramatic revolution. You will be disappointed. It is, however, very refreshing to see the game break away from the cardboard cut-outs sliding across the screen. It also does a nice job of trying to give you a mix of both new and old Pokemon, so even the old Genwunners like me (that's right, 1st generation is best!) can feel comfortable in the game.

The multiplayer has also improved dramatically, allowing you to interact with people at the same place in the game as you from anywhere else in the world. Trading and battling has become A LOT more relevant for people that don't have a ton of pokemon-playing friends or don't live in Japan. It's a boost us widespread American folk have needed for a LONG time.

Now if only they could revamp the battle system to be less rock-paper-scissory.
  10. Oct 12, 2013
    Playing this game brings my inner 8-9 year old out its a very innovative story with awesome mechanics I love the graphics and the features are beyond amazing. 10/10 by far one of the best 3DS games I've played.
  11. Mar 21, 2014
    One of the best, if not the best, Pokemon games to date. I was pretty unimpressed by recent titles, with the exception of the amazing HeartGold and SoulSilver, but this game really delivers. There are so many Pokemon that even if you prefer the older generation(s) you will have no problem getting ahold of a really cool team of your favorites.

The game is very long even though it's only

The game is very long even though it's only 8 gyms. There is so much side content, it never seems to end. The Wonder Trade feature is an absolute blast!

Really just a huge improvement to the series with this game in almost every way.
  12. Jan 16, 2014
    wow, a lot of fun and tons of content!

i haven't played pokemon since the original on gameboy. so when i got a 3ds i had to give this game a shot, and i was interested in playing against some friends online. this game has tons of content. i've spent 10 hours and feel like i have a lot left to do. have read the main story is about 30 hours. pretty good value i think. NEGATIVES:
    wow, a lot of fun and tons of content!

this game has tons of content. i've spent 10 hours and feel like i have a lot left to do. have read the main story is about 30 hours. pretty good value i think. NEGATIVES: for something so polished there are design choices that make you really scratch your head. #1 thing i hate about this game, no audio mixing??? seriously? the music is ok at best. after an hour or two you just want to turn it off. i'd really like to listen to the sounds of monsters and listen to my own music. tears.
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    A fantastic journey through a fantastic new area. The highly updated graphics allows you to see your favorite Pokemon in 3D and with nice action animations. The diagonal movement is so much nicer than I could have ever imagined. The world seems to be much more linear, which I thought was nice. This installment also includes mega evolution. Mega evolution allow one Pokemon per battleA fantastic journey through a fantastic new area. The highly updated graphics allows you to see your favorite Pokemon in 3D and with nice action animations. The diagonal movement is so much nicer than I could have ever imagined. The world seems to be much more linear, which I thought was nice. This installment also includes mega evolution. Mega evolution allow one Pokemon per battle to evolve into a stronger form of itself. This feature comes in handy quite a bit, and really helps with fights you may struggle with without the evolution. The only complain that I have, is not being able to mega-evolve your starting Pokemon, though they make up with that by allowing you to choose one of the original 3 starters and allowing you to mega-evolve them. This is the Pokemon game we have been waiting for, and this will go down as one of the best ever made. Expand
  14. Oct 16, 2013
    Finally! A good pokemon game since heart gold and soul silver (no, i was not a fan of black and white)! This game had me hooked real soon after I started playing it. Not only is it in beautiful 3D that was put together real nicely, but it introduced a whole new way to battle pokemon. It introduces new pokemon while keeping the old ones from even the first generation. It actually lets youFinally! A good pokemon game since heart gold and soul silver (no, i was not a fan of black and white)! This game had me hooked real soon after I started playing it. Not only is it in beautiful 3D that was put together real nicely, but it introduced a whole new way to battle pokemon. It introduces new pokemon while keeping the old ones from even the first generation. It actually lets you choose between the ORIGINAL pokemon! Not to mention the new mega evolving for some of our favorite pokemon! I highly recommend this game for both new and long term fans of the series! Expand
  15. Jul 29, 2014
    If you like the previous games (which I did) then it kind of goes without saying that you'll like this one. The formula is exactly the same it's just been spit shined. Catch Pokemon, beat gym leaders, stop the latest version of team rocket, find the legendary on the box art and complete the elite four all for the appeasement of a wise professor. Game Freak seem to have decided it ain'tIf you like the previous games (which I did) then it kind of goes without saying that you'll like this one. The formula is exactly the same it's just been spit shined. Catch Pokemon, beat gym leaders, stop the latest version of team rocket, find the legendary on the box art and complete the elite four all for the appeasement of a wise professor. Game Freak seem to have decided it ain't broke so they ain't gonna fix it. There's a few fun extra features thrown in and it looks a lot prettier but for the most part it's the same 50-60 hours of quality gaming that we expect to be re-released every year or two so while they're not getting massive points for innovation I can't deny they have made something that just never seems to get old. The online is also really cool. I've spent upwards of 20 hours trading and battling over the internet.
    If I'm completely honest the only thing I don't like about it is the new Fairy type. With the exception of the legendary Xerneas the Fairy types all look like one of the developers let their 4 year old daughter design them. Also none of them are particularly useful in battles either.
  16. Oct 15, 2013
    With these games you can leave your intellectual side on a lower level and just expect fun. The game is just that. Strategy is there but you can absorb yourself into the beautiful graphics and fun thumb smashing elements as well as cuteness of the characters. PLAYS IT!11
  17. Nov 18, 2013
    I really wish I could give this game a 9.5...

I really wish I could give this game a 9.5...

In many ways, Pokemon X revolutionizes Pokemon as we know it, there are so many fascinating additions for competitive and casual players alike. From a strategy perspective, the game's competitive scene has been balanced from the hyperoffensive style of B/W. The new fairy type works wonders for balancing the type chart, and overall, it's evident that GameFreak spent a lot of time figuring out how to make the game more interesting and strategic for players willing to dig deeply into pokemon deceptively simply battle system.

For casual players, we have interesting new features like pokemon amie, character customization, and greatly improved graphics/animations for the pokemon. Going back to B2/W2 after this game is almost unbearable, X blows them completely out of the water. I think the graphics deserve a special mention. Pokemon has never been known for being the most graphically intense game on any console it has existed on, and yet X succeeds where others have failed. This is a pretty game. Certainly not on par with games like resident evil revelations, but for pokemon, it works very well. The cel-shaded, fully animated pokemon models look gorgeous, and attacks look fresh, exciting, and well executed. The presentation in this game is top-notch.

For casual and competitive players alike, the game introduces what may be one of the most revolutionary elements in a pokemon game since we got wifi connection in D/P. The PSS. It's available right from the start at the bottom of the screen and constantly updates with information pertaining to the status of your friends or random passerbys so long as you're connected to the internet. Game chat allows you to use your 3DS as a telephone to speak with your friends, making it marvelously easy to see your friend online and challenge him/her to a battle or trade. You can give o-powers to your friends, view others PR videos, the list just goes on and on. The PSS is a huge addition to making pokemon what it was meant to be, a social game.

Why can't I give this game a perfect score despite its many strengths? Quite simply, content wise, it feels like a bit of a watered down experience compared to other pokemon games. There is very little postgame content, making this a 30-40 hour adventure and nothing more if one does not decide to jump into the world of competitive battling. Pokemon games traditionally have had so much to explore and do that they could easily last 80+ hours per run through. The lack of some old features such as gems, all the berries, and some of the old lengendaries just add to that "new, but skinny" generation feeling. Everyone knows that everything will become more fleshed out in Z or whatever the 3rd edition will be called. It's a little frustrating to see the signs so evidently.

Nevertheless, Pokemon X is a brilliant game that owners of the 3DS shouldn't miss. It becomes an exponentially better game when one gets involved with the huge community behind it. Even just a small group of friends who also play will make the game that much better. Of course, if one were to play it as a single player game, it's a fun little 30-40 hour RPG, and the Pokemon charm still can't be denied.
  18. Oct 21, 2013
    I got my copy of Pokemon X the day of release, and I decided not to give my Pokemon X review until I finished the game....So I finally finished it and I gotta say this is my favorite Pokemon Title to date and I can't stop playing it.I waited for about 35 or so minutes at gamestop in a huge line for this game and it was worth every last minute of it. This game is in my opinion the best gameI got my copy of Pokemon X the day of release, and I decided not to give my Pokemon X review until I finished the game....So I finally finished it and I gotta say this is my favorite Pokemon Title to date and I can't stop playing it.I waited for about 35 or so minutes at gamestop in a huge line for this game and it was worth every last minute of it. This game is in my opinion the best game to ever grace the Nintendo 3DS. A must own for any 3DS owner and rpg lover. Expand
  19. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokemon X and Y is an improvement over the DS Pokemon games while maintaining its roots. Granted longtime players will want to see more change but given that Nintendo and GameFreak targets a younger audience then you have to grin and bear it or move on. Pokemon X and Y wisely had the player being able to run in the beginning to speed up the game. The one thing they could improve on isPokemon X and Y is an improvement over the DS Pokemon games while maintaining its roots. Granted longtime players will want to see more change but given that Nintendo and GameFreak targets a younger audience then you have to grin and bear it or move on. Pokemon X and Y wisely had the player being able to run in the beginning to speed up the game. The one thing they could improve on is having the ability to control your Pokemon so you can dodge attacks. Expand
  20. Dec 9, 2013
    Since Silver/Gold (precious memory in my childhood), I haven't played the series. In fact, I have longtime left the Nintendo family.
    This time I am advertised by the 3D feature, so I bought a 2DS for playing the game. Honestly speaking, I cannot find the full feeling after playing it as Silver, I mean X/Y is a forgettable game, but I admit X/Y is qualified and innovated some how.
    What I
    What I feel disappointed in the game are: I cannot capture all the pokemons in the game; Plot is very mediocre; Post game is boring; Wifi battle only supports up to 2v2. I think if 4v4 available, will be much more fun; Frame rate drops significantly when 2v2, which is very annoying.
    Overall, 8.5, honestly speaking. The reason I give 10 is that at least when I was playing it, I really enjoyed.
  21. Jan 16, 2014
    Pokemon. In 3D. With great music. Great environments. Better online gameplay. And better Pokemon. AND awesome graphics. So. Um, yeah. Review's done.
  22. Nov 18, 2013
    Nintendo brings back the Pokemon series with X and Y. The game continues to make small changes to the well-received RPG formula. The World is large and enjoyable to explore. There are added Pokemon and an added Fairy-type. Nintendo continues to make small tweaks to its series to make the latest installment better than the last. X and Y will satisfy anyone with an appetite for Pokemon goodness.
  23. Feb 15, 2015
    This game is so fun and awesome! It has advanced significantly from its predecessors, and has made a smooth transition to 3D. Must-have if you like pokemon, and if you aren't into Pokemon, now's a good time to start.
  24. Oct 13, 2013
    Last time I was super excited for a pokemon game was Ruby/Sapphire. Diamond/Pearl and Black/White were okay in my opinion but they didn't really excite me. When I saw the trailer for X and Y I was like......OMG!!! I bought Pokemon X yesterday, so far I put atleast 4-5 hours into the game..just taking a little break lol. The graphics and animation: absolutely beautiful. Every city you goLast time I was super excited for a pokemon game was Ruby/Sapphire. Diamond/Pearl and Black/White were okay in my opinion but they didn't really excite me. When I saw the trailer for X and Y I was like......OMG!!! I bought Pokemon X yesterday, so far I put atleast 4-5 hours into the game..just taking a little break lol. The graphics and animation: absolutely beautiful. Every city you go to, just gorgeous. Pokemon animation are fantastic in this game, no more 2d pixels haha. The battles remind me of Pokemon Colossuem and XD because of the 3d graphics which is cool. Sorry, can't really talk much about the story since I only played about 4-5 hours...will continue playing tonight. With the awesome new graphic/animation and solid gameplay. Easily give this game a 9/10. Also about the new pokemons...some of them look weird in my opinion and some look really cool. Expand
  25. Oct 13, 2013
    i bought a 3DS just to buy this game and it is amazing so far. got to laugh at people who say its the same game as the last. there is so many new things in x and y. and it seems to have a nice online thing. just a shame we cant actually send messages to anyone we meet though
  26. Ogr
    Oct 17, 2013
    The new Pokémon is the best since Red and Blue!

Tons of Pokémon, a lot of minigames to do, a good online feature and perfectly graphics.

If you have ever liked Pokémon, you need this game.
  27. Jan 17, 2014
    I know I haven't been doing this for some time, but that's because I had my school account on here and forgot to put my real Google account...but besides that, this game is really epic. I, for one, am kind of a Pokemon gaming and viewing nerd. I, honestly, love that about myself. Pokemon X is an awesome game and I really want it. You guys might be saying, ''YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN ITI know I haven't been doing this for some time, but that's because I had my school account on here and forgot to put my real Google account...but besides that, this game is really epic. I, for one, am kind of a Pokemon gaming and viewing nerd. I, honestly, love that about myself. Pokemon X is an awesome game and I really want it. You guys might be saying, ''YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT YET...DUDE!!'. Well, there's school and my grades are kind of bad with this D and F I need to work on. But, I'll get there. Anyways, this game is truly an epic game and I recommend you get this game. Very epic if you love Pokemon. Expand
  28. Oct 22, 2013
    Man, oh man...has it been a long time. I remember in elementary school when the first Pokemon games started getting hot. There I was with my Tamagachi and trapper keeper, when my friend brought the first copy of Pokemon Red that we had ever seen. From there, you know the rest of the story.

Pokemon is a franchise that's had a large following ever since it's arrival in the US 10+ years ago...and it's easy to see why. While technically geared for young children, the RPG elements here are nonetheless incredibly deep, meaning it pleases casual youngsters and hardcore players alike. It's so incredibly good that there are even tournaments held all over the place, meaning that this franchise is NOT just for kids.

Pokemon X and Y are the best things that have happened to this IP since it's origins. Having not played Pokemon seriously since FireRed, it had been a long time for me. Fortunately, the myriad of new stuff for me to enjoy is abundant in X and Y. Everything from the new pokemon, to avatar customization and various online modes are all new things that I had always wanted from earlier games and now, they are here. Super Training and Pokemon Amie are also great additions, making the process of further customizing and caring for your pokemon even deeper.

The game looks fantastic, too. Ever since pokemon stadium, players have desperately wanted a full 3D pokemon game...and now it's here. And it is glorious. The art style they chose kinda reminds me of the 'Tales' series of RPGs...and while it's not very original, it nevertheless embodies pokemon better than other styles would have.

The bottom line is this: If you ever played a pokemon game and liked it, you should try this. Doesn't matter if it's been a decade since you last played, or if you never stopped playing; Pokemon X and Y are simply the best in the series so far.
  29. May 31, 2015
    Un buen juego pero no el mejor
    Un buen juego pero no el mejor
    Pokemon una de las sagas mas famosas y sus ventas lo demuestran, pero este pokemon realmente merece los alago que se a llevado por parte de la critica veamos.. empecemos con el salto gráficos y realmente es eso lo que a echo las calificaciones que se a llevado el juego, pero es un salto gráficos importante, si, ya era hora de que la saga tomara un poco de aire fresco y la echo muy bien, ver a tu pokemon preferido en 3d hace realmente maravilloso el juego punto negativo el juego se me hace muy lineal para ser un juego en 3d y quede un poco decepcionado musica los pokemon se caracterizan por tener musica muy llamativa, pero esta nueva entrega cumple si, cumple pero no esta a la altura de otras sagas historia, lo peor del juego para lo que veníamos viendo de pokemon negro y blanco este juego se quedo corto, historia sencilla hasta un poco mediocre, pero vamos que lo mas importante es entrenar tus pokemon y completar la pokedeck, pero no hace mal un poco mas de amor a la his
  30. Oct 21, 2013
    this is by far the best pokemon game to date there are a couple of flaws like the new team flame are a little boring and repetitive and theres not to many new kinds of pokemon but theres still a ton of fun to be had in kalos
  31. Jan 10, 2014
    As an old-school pokemon fun, my love for pokemon revived since I played this game.
    If this is how pokemon will look for the next decade, I like it.
    More than 40 hours of fun. No replay value you say? Now you need to catch 718 pokemon, are you kidding me?
  32. Feb 3, 2015
    I'm still uncertain whether or not this is the best Pokemon release since Gold/Silver/Crystal. Though I'm not sure of that particular case, I'm sure this title follows everything Pokemon has been doing right since release. Of course we all know what happens here, a new map, you start with some Pokemon you got from the local professor, start fighting your way through the map stopping byI'm still uncertain whether or not this is the best Pokemon release since Gold/Silver/Crystal. Though I'm not sure of that particular case, I'm sure this title follows everything Pokemon has been doing right since release. Of course we all know what happens here, a new map, you start with some Pokemon you got from the local professor, start fighting your way through the map stopping by cities to earn the badge from the gym leaders; eight of them are to be found.

When you finally have all badge you head for the Pokemon League and climb your way past the elite four to challenge the champion, if you win you're the new Pokemon Master and happy ending. Sure that's the formula, but doesn't it work still? With the incredibly deep meta-game surrounding all of it it's hard not to fall in love all over again with Pokemon, even if the formula of success has had decreased effectiveness over the years.

The internet now plays a big part in becoming the ultimate Pokemon collector. Unfortunately—as always—you can't capture every Pokemon in-game, requiring not only trades with Pokemon Y players, but also players with other versions like the remake of third generations and physical Pokemon conventions. yes, physical, in the era of easy internet and online event implemented in-game some Pokemon are only acquirable if you visit events taken place in few parts of the world. We all know where they are.

Maybe someday we'll get a game where you could at least catch most Pokemon by merely playing your game, until that day comes, let's just hope they increase the rate of online events. Right now I just hope they do any online event. I wouldn't even mind a Caterpie, it's a rare appearance these days. Times are changing, but not so much I'm afraid.
  33. Oct 13, 2013
    I am still in middle of game so obviously rating might still change but after I have played like 30 hours I must say I have really enjoyed game extremely much. There is crazy many pokemons to catch and time flies when you play, what more can you ask really, I am quite sure I will play this game more than anything for years so if that is not worth 10/10 What is then? Yet still this game isI am still in middle of game so obviously rating might still change but after I have played like 30 hours I must say I have really enjoyed game extremely much. There is crazy many pokemons to catch and time flies when you play, what more can you ask really, I am quite sure I will play this game more than anything for years so if that is not worth 10/10 What is then? Yet still this game is nowhere near prefect, I have two complaints that hopefully will be done better in future generations: Firstly, difficulty level isn't quite hard enough, at least gym leaders could have higher level pokemons so that you wouldn't so easily over train your pokes before reaching them and though beating them too easily. Secondly there is some issues with framerate in battles, specially when you use 3D. Expand
  34. Nov 15, 2014
    Pokémon X refines everything great about the series and does away with its drawbacks. Hours of tedious level-grinding are no longer necessary and team-building is now speedy and unobtrusive.

The dearth of post-game content is pretty disappointing, but it doesn't stop this game from being the best in the series.
  35. Oct 15, 2013
    The best handheld Pokemon game of all time, hands down. The graphics are breath taking, the gameplay is fantastic (as always) and everything about the game is just amazing. If you don't have this game, I highly recommend getting it. A must have for any 3DS user.
  36. Dec 2, 2013
    Pokemon doesn't normally go out of their comfort zone. When Pokemon Red/Green released in 1996, the series hit the ball with an excellent little top-down adventure featuring a young boy on his journey to being a Pokemon master. Gamefreak has kept that formula for future portable titles to come, from Red/Green to Black/White. Now with the new generation, comes new innovation, for X/Y,Pokemon doesn't normally go out of their comfort zone. When Pokemon Red/Green released in 1996, the series hit the ball with an excellent little top-down adventure featuring a young boy on his journey to being a Pokemon master. Gamefreak has kept that formula for future portable titles to come, from Red/Green to Black/White. Now with the new generation, comes new innovation, for X/Y, comes a new region, a new adventure, and one of the most drastic steps the series has ever taken.

With the new generation, comes a new dimension; a new way to play Pokemon. This isn't the first time a Pokemon game has experimented with 3-D, but this is the first time Pokemon has integrated full 3D throughout the entire game. This is a welcome change to a series that has kept the same formula for so long. In previous games, only certain parts of the world remained in 3D, while the rest of the world kept at a 2D top-down prospective. With every building, character, and terrain in full 3D, there is no more separation, keeping the game fluid and consistent.

Along with a full 3D world, comes full 3D Pokemon as well. The Pokemon no longer are restricted to 2-D sprites, but instead all have fully fleshed out models and animations. Each Pokemon has their own idle animation as well as attack animations bringing the Pokemon to life on the small screen. The Pokemon finally feel truly alive during combat. With the help of a fully active camera, battles feel even more engrossing as the camera pans across the combat arena, showing off each Pokemon as they attack and take hits.

The new world is still as fun to explore as previous games. Walking around and tracking down wild Pokemon in the tall grass is still exciting. That excitement remains whenever you encounter a new Pokemon you've never seen before or finally capturing that Pokemon that has eluded you for so long.
    Training, putting your Pokemon to the test until they level up and finally evolve into a new creature is just as satisfying as ever and just as rewarding.

As you explore the new Kalos region, you will encounter hundreds of trainers who wish to test your skills. My personal favorite was a woman who approached me within a route covered in fallen leaves to
    say “Pokeballs are round. The world is also round.” Then we battled. These interactions can offer a chuckle at times while other will leave you simply confused.

One of the main new hooks for this game is the new Mega-evolutions. These come into play about a third of the way through. Once you find the appropriate item and attach it to the appropriate Pokemon, mega evolving can be performed during battle. Its a free move that makes your Pokemon stronger during the battle, and seeing the evolution is always exciting. You can only use one mega-evolution per battle, so a player should plan accordingly. It doesn't make or break the game but its a nice addition to the mix.

One of my personally favorite new features is the new trainer customization. The player isn't forced to use a default character model as previous entries have, this time your trainer is fully customizable. Throughout the game, you will come across boutiques within certain towns. Here you can purchase new clothes, hats, and bags, with inventory changing every day. Along with the boutiques, you can find a salon where you can change your hair style and color, as well as an item that allows the player to change the color of his/her eyes. It isn't as diverse as other games that let you spend hours customizing ever little detail of a character, but its a nice change of pace having a trainer that feels truly yours.

The touch screen holds new features as well, including the traditional shortcuts to bag, Pokemon, and saving. One screen holds Super Training, where a trainer can play mini-games with their Pokemon allowing them to gain buffs on certain stats. Another screen holds Pokemon-Amie, where a trainer can interact with their Pokemon personally, feeding and petting them like you would in Nintendogs. The final screen is the “Player Search System” which allows a player to interact with friends, passerbys, and acquaintances. It is here where a player can access online battles and trades without the use of a Pokemon Center. The online system itself has its issues however. During playthrough, I have been dropped from online battles and forced to shut down my system due to communication error while trying to trade with someone. It isn't deal-breaking, simply a minor frustration I ran into a few times.

X&Y doesn't radically change the formula players are used to, but instead continue to make strides in welcoming new, inexperienced players while still remaining familiar to veterans of the series. It still feels and looks like a Pokemon game, but with its new graphics, colorful art style, 3D gameplay, and scale of depth in the new region, it makes the game more fun, attractive, and inviting. It's a fantastic first step for new players, and one worthwhile adventure for long time fans.
  37. Apr 27, 2014
    It looks awesome, the story is good. The characters look more expressive, the 3D graphics are outstanding for a 3DS, Mega evolutions are really fun, more features for gameplay... I could go on. Although, it needs more quantity of new Pokemon.
  38. Jan 19, 2015
    Simply outstanding. One of the best Pokemon game ever made, I spent 300+ hours in this amazing game and i can say that it is the best game on the 3DS.
  39. Oct 16, 2013
    Played all of them since the originals like Pokemon Yellow... all I can say is Game Freak are heading in the right direction with the series! This game is actually so incredible, sales of 3DS units have sky rocketed, and it's hard to believe that this will be the first Pokemon game for some people. It's got great online features like Wonder Trade (which I love getting bidoofs) and BattlePlayed all of them since the originals like Pokemon Yellow... all I can say is Game Freak are heading in the right direction with the series! This game is actually so incredible, sales of 3DS units have sky rocketed, and it's hard to believe that this will be the first Pokemon game for some people. It's got great online features like Wonder Trade (which I love getting bidoofs) and Battle Spot (battle random people online). They also have the usual GTS and normal trade/ battle. One feature it could use is the pokemon following you thing like in HGSS, but it's not that big of a deal. Great game and a true masterpiece, especially the graphics and music. Expand
  40. Mar 7, 2014
    Nice visual upgrade from previous generations. Although it creates lags in combat with 3D graphics on, I like all the graphics it creates. Also the upgrades on little things like the skating feature and photo taking make the whole game even more awesome! Look forward to a better player interaction system rather than having us to press button to log into Internet every time I close the lidNice visual upgrade from previous generations. Although it creates lags in combat with 3D graphics on, I like all the graphics it creates. Also the upgrades on little things like the skating feature and photo taking make the whole game even more awesome! Look forward to a better player interaction system rather than having us to press button to log into Internet every time I close the lid of my 3DS, I found that a bit too annoying. Expand
  41. Apr 26, 2014
    Very good game and incredibly fun, but the reason I rated it a 9 out of 10 is because I don't think that it lives up to the other Pokemon games. Nintendo has pretty much abandoned the old beautiful 2D Pokemon style ( Like in Black and white etc...) and replaced it with 3D. I really actually enjoyed the previous games a lot more than this to be honest. But, other than that, good game. Worth a buy!
  42. Oct 15, 2014
    This game exists solely to have a game that will come out before gen 3 remakes. Gamefreak didn't care how good or bad it was, they just made it. It's short, has poor pacing, and some really bad characters. Really quite the opposite of Black and White 2. This being said, it is still pokemon and I will still play and love it multiple times over. Breeding perfect IV's was made remotely fawkn'This game exists solely to have a game that will come out before gen 3 remakes. Gamefreak didn't care how good or bad it was, they just made it. It's short, has poor pacing, and some really bad characters. Really quite the opposite of Black and White 2. This being said, it is still pokemon and I will still play and love it multiple times over. Breeding perfect IV's was made remotely fawkn' possible and shinies are slightly more common than before. Pokemon, buy it, its good, but not food compared to other pokemon games.
    8.2/10
  43. Oct 14, 2013
    Pokémon X&Y is one of the best pokémon games, many upgrades have been put into this game, which made it really fresh. The gameplay is as great as always, the only thing that I felt, is that it's much easier than any other pokémon game, this might be good or bad depending on what kind of gamer you are. If you are a hardcore fan, you might feel disappointed, but if you are new to thisPokémon X&Y is one of the best pokémon games, many upgrades have been put into this game, which made it really fresh. The gameplay is as great as always, the only thing that I felt, is that it's much easier than any other pokémon game, this might be good or bad depending on what kind of gamer you are. If you are a hardcore fan, you might feel disappointed, but if you are new to this franchise, you will be pleased for this changes. The graphics are just amazing and it is the best-looking pokémon game EVER made, the 3D models are much better than 2D sprites and it makes the game look fresh. The only problem I had with the graphics is that the framerate fails sereiously when you are playing on 3D and specially when you are playing in a wheather area (rain, sandstorm, etc.), but other than that, it's flawless. The music is just as good as always, great and catchy songs that will stay in your head for a long time. The environments look great and the cities are just amazing, I am impressed about how well they look. The pokémon designs are... good. They are not amazing, but they are NOT horrible as many people would say. The mega-evolutions are a great addition to the game, and they might change the course of a battle completely, these mega-evolutions are fun to use and look great.
    My final veredict is that this is the biggest evolution for pokémon since Gold & Silver, I just loved it and I must say I am a huge fan of this franchise since the very first game, so I don't really understand why many fans are disappointed.
    Graphics: 9/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Sound 10/10
  44. Oct 13, 2013
    Colorful, cute and pretty successful transition to 3D turned off series.
    Of course the game is not solved cons (Easy battles with NPCs), but overall it keeps the bar series.
  45. Oct 12, 2013
    The best pokemon game--hands down. Gone is the archaic frame of trading and battling friends/strangers in the upstairs of a Pokemon Center. Now everything is accessible wherever, whenever, with whomever from the bottom screen of the 3DS. Friends are shown online/offline and others on the same map as you re listed on the bottom of the screen itself, and trading/battling with them is just anThe best pokemon game--hands down. Gone is the archaic frame of trading and battling friends/strangers in the upstairs of a Pokemon Center. Now everything is accessible wherever, whenever, with whomever from the bottom screen of the 3DS. Friends are shown online/offline and others on the same map as you re listed on the bottom of the screen itself, and trading/battling with them is just an invitation away. The game itself is a beautifully rendered 3D world with a fantastic, robust soundtrack. Pokemon have 3D sprites in battle and everything looks better than ever. My main level of being impressed still remains in the fluidity of the modern trading and battle system. You hit this one right on the head, Game Freak. Way to go. Expand
  46. Feb 6, 2014
    I bought this game and expect it to go by the Pokemon formula in a regular way, and after I played the game, I was wrong. Between this and Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X is easily my favorite because I got more stuck into it more. It is just so fun and takes the Pokemon formula in a different direction than it originally was. I gave it a 9 because I saw many problems inI bought this game and expect it to go by the Pokemon formula in a regular way, and after I played the game, I was wrong. Between this and Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X is easily my favorite because I got more stuck into it more. It is just so fun and takes the Pokemon formula in a different direction than it originally was. I gave it a 9 because I saw many problems in this game, but that doesn't stop me from playing an innovation to my favorite RPG franchise. Expand
  47. Dec 23, 2013
    Pokemon X is a great game. The Mega evolutions are a good addition to the game and the graphics are improved a lot. Another great feature is the experience share which lets ALL your pokemon gain experience. This makes it very easy to battle and not have to switch out. My only complaint would be it is slightly easier then the others and I completed it really fast, but, there are ways toPokemon X is a great game. The Mega evolutions are a good addition to the game and the graphics are improved a lot. Another great feature is the experience share which lets ALL your pokemon gain experience. This makes it very easy to battle and not have to switch out. My only complaint would be it is slightly easier then the others and I completed it really fast, but, there are ways to change that if you want a more challenging gaming experience (such as turning off experience share). Expand
  48. Nov 21, 2013
    Pokemon X is a really fun game that you can invest a lot of time in. Sadly, it is very easy to beat, but the most fun part of Pokemon games comes after playing through the story anyways. With all the new additions to breeding, it is way easier to get your favorite Pokemon ready for online PVP battles. Plus, connecting with other players for a trade or battle was never that easy.
  49. Dec 11, 2013
    This game is just one big pile of fan-service. Fully integrated online capabilities at the press of a button, character customization and 3D character models. I was sceptic about the new control scheme, with diagonal movement but it still feels exactly like Pokemon. Good job Nintendo. There is a few niggles here and there, which is why I gave it a 9. Horde Battles are tedious as you areThis game is just one big pile of fan-service. Fully integrated online capabilities at the press of a button, character customization and 3D character models. I was sceptic about the new control scheme, with diagonal movement but it still feels exactly like Pokemon. Good job Nintendo. There is a few niggles here and there, which is why I gave it a 9. Horde Battles are tedious as you are often too strong for the monsters so you just sit there watching animations for 6 Pokemon in a row... also the games Overworld has no 3D feature on the 3DS which is weird because when you are inside caves it does become 3D and everything looks gorgeous, maybe the console couldn't handle it. I think overall this is the best Pokemon I have played to date. I have skipped the Silver and Gold remakes and both Black and White's though. Great game and well worth the money Expand
  50. Oct 12, 2013
    As a huge Pokemon fan this game is a dream come true. Sure, not everything is 3D, but the graphics and overall feel of the game are such improvements from last gen. that it barely matters. The new 3D models and animations are amazing. It looks great, and I love the new soundtrack, especially the battle themes. Some people may not like that they brought back so many old creatures, but IAs a huge Pokemon fan this game is a dream come true. Sure, not everything is 3D, but the graphics and overall feel of the game are such improvements from last gen. that it barely matters. The new 3D models and animations are amazing. It looks great, and I love the new soundtrack, especially the battle themes. Some people may not like that they brought back so many old creatures, but I personally love seeing the ones I grew up playing with 15 years ago come alive with color and personality in this new game. I can't imagine what next gen. games will look like! Expand
  51. Oct 14, 2013
    Coming from a person who has been playing the series since Red; somebody please help me, I am utterly captivated. This is the best installment. Where to begin.

The stupidly huge Pokemon count, the pokedex has to be divided into three sections because of this. Roller Skating is cool, would have preferred skateboarding (or the option) however the skating can be a bit clunky and

Roller Skating is cool, would have preferred skateboarding (or the option) however the skating can be a bit clunky and dominates the circle-pad which leaves the player to use the clickity d-pad for walking.

The Gym's and Gym leaders are all great, for the first time in Pokemon history the gyms are worth re-visiting after completion.

The photography is a nice addition but I would have liked to be able to take pictures anywhere rather than just select locations.

The 3d looks great, coming from a 3d animator these models are simply sublime. It's a shame that the 3d effect only works in select instances but I never used the 3d in the first place. The levels themselves are the best they have ever been in any previous installment, Lumiose City is utterly breath-taking.

The fighting is actually entertaining to watch, in past installments due to the 2d limitations I always tried to rush through battles because they always felt synthetic, now you can actually feel the impact of attacks.

The new Pokemon are hit and miss, half of them look utterly jaw dropping and dance over the crown-hailed first generation, while the other half are some of the worst they've conjured. Forewarning, the starting Pokemon in this game are nothing to be desired.

----------

I cannot praise this game enough, every-time I open my 3ds I lose around 5 hours of my day, completely worth it; Pokemon X and Y have not forsaken us; contrary to other series that are this old.
  52. Oct 13, 2013
    WARNING! NO 3D IN OVERWORLD! Only f.e. in Battles. Kind of my fault, didnt want to know much about the Game beforehand (to keep the experience fresh...) 8 Hours into it so far...having fun
  53. Mar 15, 2015
    Pokemon X is a great first attempt at making a 3D Pokemon game. It retains all the core features of Pokemon while also delivering a fresh experience. The main flaws of this game I felt were the lack of post game content and the game being too easy.
    Easily a must buy if you're a fan of Pokemon.
  54. Jul 22, 2015
    Pokemon X and Y is veteran and newcomer friendly, and for veterans, the gameplay and design of the game was an enormous improvement in comparison to the previous games.

As for the depth in the plot, I would say it is as deep as the plot from DPPT. It's not as dramatic as ORAS/RSE or BW/2, but it's not as simple as RGB/FRLG. With a game like this, you'll care more about your team rather than the storyline you're overcoming.

You'll spend maybe 20 hours on the game if you want to rush through everything, but if you want to raise your friendship with your pokemon, perfect your team's movesets, and explore the many other features in this game, you'll spend about 50+ or even more.

(Really though, now that ORAS has been out for a while, you'll like that one more. :') Get both games if you can!)
  55. Oct 16, 2013
    Pokemon X and Y are the most definitive iterations the Grand Pokemon franchise has ever received, and that's no slouch considering every main series installment has been great. The game in 3D is jaw-dropping, and we've been waiting for a Pokemon game of this caliber and polish for years, it looks better than a full priced Wii game, which is both impressive and sad at the same time. ThePokemon X and Y are the most definitive iterations the Grand Pokemon franchise has ever received, and that's no slouch considering every main series installment has been great. The game in 3D is jaw-dropping, and we've been waiting for a Pokemon game of this caliber and polish for years, it looks better than a full priced Wii game, which is both impressive and sad at the same time. The game's Pokedex is absolutely huge, boasting over 400 Pokemon to catch, including 68 new Pokemon plus the 30 or so Mega Evolutions introduced. The music and sound design is amazing, and surprisingly, the story is something different. You will have to see it through to the end, but in the 3rd act the writing outshines the Black and White games, and the story never outshines the fantastically solid and refined gameplay.

SO in short, buy it. Buy it now. And if you already bought it, buy it again.
  56. Feb 11, 2014
    why are so many dislike ? This game is a master piece and it need to be played for anyone that have a 3DS. It's the best pokemon game of 6 generation !!!
  57. Jun 21, 2015
    I am a Pokémon Fan and my god is this game superb. I may be tad bit late in writing this review but wow this game took pokemon to a brand new level like wow awesome new pokemon and gym leaders, stunning graphics its all just too much, the only bad thing is lack of post game other then that the game was amazing
  58. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the Pokemon we have all been waiting for, excellent graphics, amazing game play and beautiful words and creatures. The pace of the game is faster compare to the older versions, which make the game less boring when it comes to beating the 8 leaders. Somehow the game feels like the first one.hands down Gamefreak.
  59. Oct 13, 2013
    Pokemon X and Y is my new favorite entree into the franchise. The 3D sprites are fantastic to watch. The new 3D movements really bring to life, the Pokemon in battle. The game itself only introduced 60 Pokemon (more or less), but the addition of around 20 mega evolutions to discover, the game is chalk full of seemingly endless fun. Especially when you consider how much easier X and Y makePokemon X and Y is my new favorite entree into the franchise. The 3D sprites are fantastic to watch. The new 3D movements really bring to life, the Pokemon in battle. The game itself only introduced 60 Pokemon (more or less), but the addition of around 20 mega evolutions to discover, the game is chalk full of seemingly endless fun. Especially when you consider how much easier X and Y make it to EV train your Pokemon. Competitive battling is about to get that much more interesting, oh and the addition of the NEW Fairy Type will shake things up for sure. X and Y are not your typical addition to the franchise, they do absolutely everything right and then some! More Pokemon are added, more moves are added, all the typical things you would think are in the game, but the game has gone above and beyond my expectations with all the extra stuff that technically The Pokemon company did not "have" to add. Mega evolutions are an example of this. They could have left them out altogether, but I really appreciate the change to the meta game and it also gives us older fans a reason to raise some of our old favorites again!

Pokemon X and Y is easy enough to be enjoyed by newcomers to the series, but also introduces a cornucopia of brand new material not found in any other iteration to the franchise and thus is also perfect for veteran Pokemon fans. That is why I believe X and Y deserve a 10/10. It is simply a perfect game with no flaws that I could tell. I will be playing it for a long, long time and I know for a fact there are many other people out there who will do just the same. I got to stop writing this review, because I got to get back to playing my game!
  60. May 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is okay. What I mostly don't like is simply how easy this game is in comparison to older installments, mostly because of the EXP Share over-leveling your team. No, it's not because the previous generation got older... this game is simply easier. Actually, if you don't use the EXP Share, then it's difficult because your team is drastically under-leveled - it's not really fun to do this either. The other things are the weak post-game and how shallow the battle facility is. Other than that, it's an O.K. game. Expand
  61. Nov 3, 2013
    Honestly, what can I say that hasn't been said already lol
    The game is pure awesomeness, plain and simple ^_^
    The graphics, the music, the storyline, the new pokemon...everything I expected and hoped for!!!
  62. Nov 4, 2013
    If a reason was still needed to purchase a Nintendo 3DS, this game is it. While obvious that the latest iteration of Pokemon gets a much needed design face lift, the biggest draw is the streamlining of the unnecessary grind to end game.

This ultimately makes the single player experience ridiculously easy, for me however it’s always been the multiplayer battles that present the real challenge.

That’s not to say it doesn’t have it’s problems. As mentioned the single player experience is ridiculously easy, and the story is cookie cutter without any depth.

With that said, as an adult with everyday responsibilities, never has a Pokemon game been so accessible to play against others competitively.
  63. Oct 12, 2013
    The game is a great improvement for the series, the graphic style is great and the gameplay is amazing, the only thing that i noticed is that the game seems easier than before.
  64. Nov 12, 2013
    Improving upon the previous titles in the series in almost every way, Game Freak has balanced the addition of new features without sacrificing the traditional formula of Pokémon games brilliantly. My favourite addition to the series is "Super Training", which is a in-depth way to train your team, the player can choose which specific skill they want to improve on their Pokémon throughImproving upon the previous titles in the series in almost every way, Game Freak has balanced the addition of new features without sacrificing the traditional formula of Pokémon games brilliantly. My favourite addition to the series is "Super Training", which is a in-depth way to train your team, the player can choose which specific skill they want to improve on their Pokémon through petting, feeding and playing (repetitive) mini-games with the select Pokémon the player wishes to train.

The addition of Super Training and other mini-games promotes a much more personal feel to training your Pokémon, bringing the player closer to being a real "Pokémon Trainer". It is through these feelings Game Freak evokes in us that you can see Pokémon X and Y are the best Pokémon games to date.
  65. Apr 30, 2014
    I haven't played Pokemon since Heartgold, I skipped out on Black and White because I thought I grew out of Pokemon. Playing Pokemon X showed me that I was 100% wrong. Pokemon is just one of those games that just does not get old no matter how many iterations come out. The graphics are an enormous step up from previous games, no more flat sprites or sprites in a 3D realm, all charcaters,I haven't played Pokemon since Heartgold, I skipped out on Black and White because I thought I grew out of Pokemon. Playing Pokemon X showed me that I was 100% wrong. Pokemon is just one of those games that just does not get old no matter how many iterations come out. The graphics are an enormous step up from previous games, no more flat sprites or sprites in a 3D realm, all charcaters, items, pokemon, places, are 3D models and it makes the game absolutely beautiful. While X is easier than the older games (I had no trouble at all getting through the Elite Four), it was still a great game to play and I have moved onto the online scene trying my hand, or team in this case, against others. Playing X reminded me what it was like to work my way up to the top all over again, something I haven't experienced since the Johto remakes. X is a wonderful game that everyone should give a chance, if they feel like Pokemon is something they outgrew. Expand
  66. May 31, 2014
    Great game. Th thing that impressed me the most was the new competitive and iv system.This makes pokemon so much easier to breed and much more interesting competitive scene. The game is much more fast paced unlike the old games and did I mention the upgrade in graphics. However this game isn't without its flaws. It does suffer from easy difficulty and short gameplay. However don't let thisGreat game. Th thing that impressed me the most was the new competitive and iv system.This makes pokemon so much easier to breed and much more interesting competitive scene. The game is much more fast paced unlike the old games and did I mention the upgrade in graphics. However this game isn't without its flaws. It does suffer from easy difficulty and short gameplay. However don't let this fool you this game is definitely fun and great for competitve players who wish to see their amazing pokemon seen with animations and 3D graphics Expand
  67. Jul 2, 2014
    Pokémon X y Pokémon Y se convierten en las entregas más innovadoras y completas de la saga sirviendo como enlace para futuras entregas en la portátil 3DS de Nintendo. A nivel gráfico desprenden una calidad abrumadora convirtiéndolo en uno de los imprescindibles del catálogo avanzando a pasos de gigante en el universo Pokémon. Ofrecernos un amplio abanico de captura desde el comienzo, elPokémon X y Pokémon Y se convierten en las entregas más innovadoras y completas de la saga sirviendo como enlace para futuras entregas en la portátil 3DS de Nintendo. A nivel gráfico desprenden una calidad abrumadora convirtiéndolo en uno de los imprescindibles del catálogo avanzando a pasos de gigante en el universo Pokémon. Ofrecernos un amplio abanico de captura desde el comienzo, el lavado de cara muy importante, poseer la región más grande y tener una historia convincente llena de sorpresas le convierten, quizá, en lo mejor hasta la fecha de la propia saga.

Gráficos: 85
    Sonido: 90
    Jugabilidad: 95
    Modos de juego: 90
    Nota: 90
  68. Oct 12, 2013
    XY are absolutely amazing games. The visuals look wonderful (they are really, really stunning!), the music is topnotch, the pokemon selection is fantastic, and the step into trainer customization (everything from hair style and colour to your skin tone to all of your clothes and accessories) and the really fun online social features really make XY a joy to play alone or with your friends.XY are absolutely amazing games. The visuals look wonderful (they are really, really stunning!), the music is topnotch, the pokemon selection is fantastic, and the step into trainer customization (everything from hair style and colour to your skin tone to all of your clothes and accessories) and the really fun online social features really make XY a joy to play alone or with your friends. This last point in particular is great users can send O-Powers (little features that can increase the prize money received or increase your pokemon's stats in-battle) to their friends whenever you'd (or they'd!) like, send presents, chat, instant-battle, and display when you reached an achievement (i.e. "Second badge! :D") and then respond ("Nice!") The online and offline features are intertwoven seamlessly. Also, they fixed the childish dialogue from BW2! There are also quite a few little jokes that made me smile. The world is also very immersive, and while a few features from BW and BW2 didn't make it in (custom gym music, for one), XY added PLENTY, from the small such as being able to ride pokemon and more pokemon in the overworld to the large, such as Mega Evos. XY is definitely worth your money and time. Downside is that the 3D (as in pop-out-of-screen) is sparsely used and isn't worth using at all when it is implemented (there is little depth anyway, and the framerate divebombs). No stereoscopic 3D doesn't hurt the experience at all, though, even for someone like me who loves when it is used. Expand
  69. Oct 15, 2013
    I have been rather disassociated with Pokemon games since Yellow, as they seemed a bit rehashed... However this new generation as reinvigorated the series with a MUCH NEEDED revamp of how the game looks, behaves, and even feels while playing. If you have the slightest interest in the Pokemon series, or coming back to it X/Y is the generation to do it in. Personally I have X, so that's whyI have been rather disassociated with Pokemon games since Yellow, as they seemed a bit rehashed... However this new generation as reinvigorated the series with a MUCH NEEDED revamp of how the game looks, behaves, and even feels while playing. If you have the slightest interest in the Pokemon series, or coming back to it X/Y is the generation to do it in. Personally I have X, so that's why I'm writing on this one...

Cons...
    The varying ways that they handle the character movement, swapping from over the shoulder, to top down can be a bit confusing for controls, but generally not an issue after playing a bit.
    Some of the move animations for the Pokemon seem a bit backwards, such as a tackle animation used for vine whip, and a vine whip animation used for tackle it's a bit annoying.

This last thing isn't really a con, because it's actually a pro for the game though implementation could have been better... Pokemon X/Y have voice chat but it completely disables you from continuing play. I really wish they'd allow a continuous text chat with friends, and also the voice chat should be able to work along with the game, not one or the other.
  70. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is amazing. Xerneas is a good pokemon, get 3 starters (if you get torchic), and this game has a good story line. First gym leader 3ds pokemon game and a very cool looking charizard. There's only one bad thing about it. The mewtwo looks like constipated crap in a jar and Snorlax crapped on it and ate it and threw up that 42164213487827439872319842395273148921897421398742139874This game is amazing. Xerneas is a good pokemon, get 3 starters (if you get torchic), and this game has a good story line. First gym leader 3ds pokemon game and a very cool looking charizard. There's only one bad thing about it. The mewtwo looks like constipated crap in a jar and Snorlax crapped on it and ate it and threw up that 42164213487827439872319842395273148921897421398742139874 (and so on) times. That is my review, thank you. Expand
  71. Oct 22, 2013
    As a big Pokemon fan I really enjoyed the improvements this game made and all then new elements. Loved the music, game looks great and runs smooth (Most of the time). Character customization and the online features really makes your playthrought feel unique from others. The story was well passed and light until a big twist near the end. Anyway I have been playing hours and loved it. BuyAs a big Pokemon fan I really enjoyed the improvements this game made and all then new elements. Loved the music, game looks great and runs smooth (Most of the time). Character customization and the online features really makes your playthrought feel unique from others. The story was well passed and light until a big twist near the end. Anyway I have been playing hours and loved it. Buy this Game! Its Gooooood! Expand
  72. Nov 6, 2013
    The "Perfect" Pokemon handheld gaming experience is finally here.
    I bought this game the day of release and I must say, I was swept off my feet.
    Pokemon X is the game that I I've been waiting for years for, and I will say 2 things. There are things that I wanted that were included. And there were things I REALLY wanted and they weren't in the game. Let me first talk about the plot.
    The "Perfect" Pokemon handheld gaming experience is finally here.
    I bought this game the day of release and I must say, I was swept off my feet.
    There are things that I wanted that were included.
    And there were things I REALLY wanted and they weren't in the game.
    Let me first talk about the plot.
    The plot is very basic. You and 4 friends travel around the Kalos region and defeat the forces of evil and you become champion of the pokemon league, ya know, the normal stuff. But it's after the game that makes this game go from a solid 9 to an 8.
    There is little to no post game content. And the content you do have is forgettable and nothing really too "fun". You can battle your friends which is fun but that's pretty much it. Once you beat the game there isn't really much to do.
    As for the battling, it's is a work of art. The battles are with 3d models and unlike Pokemon Stadium or Pokemon Battle revolution, the battle pace is fast and smooth and sleek and oh god I loved every moment of it. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the slow down I would get while battling online or locally in the story. The fairy type is a very good addition and finally gives poison pokemon a reason to live. As for megas, they are cool looking, but at a competitive battling stand-point they aren't really useful. Why use a mega alakazam when I could just give is a choice scarf or life orb and have the same outcome of battle. While on topic of competitive battling, the online features of this game are amazing, It's something I hope they keep consistent in future games. Super Training and Pokemon Amie are really good too and I hope they become a staple in the pokemon franchise.
    Overall, Pokemon X is a great game, but is lacking post game content. If you own a 3ds, i REALLY recommend you get it. It's 18.99 at walmart.com!.... I think, that's what a friend told me.
  73. Nov 28, 2013
    Why such limited stereo 3D? Great game as others have said, loads of polish, loads of content. The pokemon training and interaction stuff is great (like Nintendogs lite!). Just a shame that there's no stereoscopic 3D in the main world screen.
  74. Dec 18, 2013
    I've never gotten so into a Pokemon game in my life! The addition of mega evolution was a good leap for a new generation, but disappointing to those of us who remember Digimon, who think it resembles digivolving a bit too much. The scale of the world makes exploring everything exciting and leaves tons of areas and puzzles for you to explore. Over all the best new Pokemon game yet.
  75. Jul 23, 2014
    This game changed the Pokemon series in general. In my opinion the story was a little bit shorter than usual but thats just me. Overall pretty good game especially that they added "Wonder Trade" to trade random Pokemon to people around the world.
  76. Jul 1, 2015
    A great game. Captivating for all ages. Would recommend buying a 3 ds just to play this game. Have listening to suggestions, and made a great all round game. Is possible to spend a long time playing. 10/10
  77. Oct 16, 2013
    Best existing Pokemon game out there. Takes away a lot of the tedious girding by giving you an exp share and amulet coin pretty early on in the game. The graphics and online communication is a huge step up. You'll feel like you're back in the first day you've ever played it. 9/10 for the same storyline, but really all the other features make up for it.
  78. Jan 6, 2014
    All i can say is wow. This pokemon game has it all! Fun battling against trainers and rivals and team flare, character customization, more proportional looking characters (head to body size-ratio), character is no longer locked into a grid when biking or rollerskating, great cool new pokemon, new moves, new fairy type, and much more. The totally updated graphics, 3D models of pokemon andAll i can say is wow. This pokemon game has it all! Fun battling against trainers and rivals and team flare, character customization, more proportional looking characters (head to body size-ratio), character is no longer locked into a grid when biking or rollerskating, great cool new pokemon, new moves, new fairy type, and much more. The totally updated graphics, 3D models of pokemon and 3D battlefields look absolutely gorgeous! That combined with the 3D option of the 3DS makes you feel like you are literally right there next to your pokemon battling it out to be the champion of the new region. The 3D option is limited to single battles and some caves though, which is disappointing but understandable. The new moves look stunning, especially with the 3D on, and it is amazing to see the pokemon actually move around and react to using and taking damage from moves. One slight downside though is that sometimes the game lags just a little when the 3D is on. As for music and sound effects? Say good-bye to all those crappy MIDI files, the new music and sound effects for moves are amazing, I love the soundtrack! This game was the reason why I bought the 3DS and it did not disappoint. I have played almost all of the main pokemon franchise games, and Pokémon X/Y is truly an amazing game and my downright favorite in the series so far! Expand
  79. Feb 8, 2014
    that game is pure perfection... and don't know what else to say ... i was never that thrilled to play a pokemon game since gold and silver! a MUST have
  80. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just got the game yesterday, after the job and man I just used almost 4 hours playing it with the Mini-games from Pokémon Amie AND Super Training. When I realized, It's Like 2 am and I had to work on next day! Yes, spent a lot of time just in the EV training and Amie mini-games to get boosted XP in battles (If you pokémon is happy, full and you have played games with it, It will have some little sparks in the Amie mode, it's the signal that IT will gain boosted xp points in battle). By the way, I just spend hours and didn't even reached the first gym.

Just today in the Lunch break I had time to go and beat the first Gym! But only this. After the job it's provable I'll spend more hours doing mini-games and training my team, maybe getting my Kanto Starter (already got Torchic).

Pokémon X (what I get) is a really good game from the start. Instead of Running to beat all the gyms I'm taking my time. Also, it's a good game for the genwummers, since in the SECOND pokémon you SAW (but not is able to catch) in the over-world is from Gen 1. And in the first tall grass you had a chance to get ANOTHER Gen 1 Pokémon (IF you buy pokéballs BEFORE leaving the town AFTER getting your starter).

To tell the truth, I just ran into 4 pokémon from Gen 1 in Pokémon X, one from Gen 4, Three from Gen 5 and TWO from Gen 6 All of this in the FIRST FOREST.

If you don't like the new pokémon just don't catch them. there is plenty of Old School Pokémon from the previous generations. 10 Different species of Pokémon JUST in the first forest.

I'll not be talking about the graphics or music, tons of users already spoke about it.

I played Black 2 and Loved the way the game made the story flow, but sometimes I got to start to grind with is really boring. Maybe with the super Training and the NEW EXP.Share, I'll be able to grind less since super training will help to get the EV points in the right place, easily. Amie let you play with you pokémon to get him happy and ready do get boosted experience points.

If you use those 2 tools with wisdom and have the patience to enjoy the game, maybe Grinding will not be necessary.

And there is more. I'm can't see the hour to go back to home and to keep playing the game.

About 3D. Well I only turn the 3D effect on During the Evolution... It's really something that doesn't need to be used ALL of time like some people complain. IF I remember I'll turn it on in other moments too, but just the evolution felt special enough to me to wish to see it in 3D. Didn't tried yet in the minigames or in battle, but I'll try some time to write a review about it.

Hint: Enter in all houses and talk to everyone some people will give you items other will just talk. And some could be interested in trading pokémon. In the first gym city there is a person who is willing to trade a Pokémon that would be really GOOD to use in the first gym. For the X, the pokémon is from Gen 1, I don't know if is the same from the Y.
  81. Oct 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is very enjoyable. The small, but appreciable changes were very welcome, such as receiving a starter from Kanto as well as one from Kalos, and the 3D modeling. Mega evolution is a very nice twist to battles, and the ability to get EXP by catching pokemon gives incentive to do more catching, rather than just defeating. As well, the change to the EXP share is VERY useful, certainly made leveling up easier for your team. I find that Lysandre being the head of team Flare was predictable, though it's expected due to the target audience. Expand
  82. Oct 30, 2013
    Been catchin em all since red yellow blue.....Im telling you this game is just simply AMAZING. The Scenery is Beautiful, the battle system is beautiful, and the.............ITS just a beautiful game PERIOD.......only thing i hate about it is trying to move with the joy stick. but thats easy to fix.....use the D-Pad people. The Pokedex got Revamped. Would be even sweeter if after every timeBeen catchin em all since red yellow blue.....Im telling you this game is just simply AMAZING. The Scenery is Beautiful, the battle system is beautiful, and the.............ITS just a beautiful game PERIOD.......only thing i hate about it is trying to move with the joy stick. but thats easy to fix.....use the D-Pad people. The Pokedex got Revamped. Would be even sweeter if after every time u catch a pokemon Dexter reads out loud the Pokemons description. I wouldnt fix a darn thing in this game. Really hope they make a Z game with that Dragon pokemon. 10-10 IMO Expand
  83. Jan 26, 2014
    For years I've said how much I hate Pokemon game and role-playing games. Well, after playing Pokemon X, I can say I have officially eaten my words. There's nothing bad I can say about this game. The gameplay is so vivid. When i play, i feel like im inside of the Pokemon anime. And you can't help but get attached to the Pokemon you raise. I can trully say Pokemon X is my new favorite game.For years I've said how much I hate Pokemon game and role-playing games. Well, after playing Pokemon X, I can say I have officially eaten my words. There's nothing bad I can say about this game. The gameplay is so vivid. When i play, i feel like im inside of the Pokemon anime. And you can't help but get attached to the Pokemon you raise. I can trully say Pokemon X is my new favorite game. And when i purchase Pokemon Y, Ill review it too. Expand
  84. Sep 6, 2014
    Best pokemon instalment to date but have two problems 1: broken exp share when you get the exp share you can just put in 1 pokemon and all of your other pokemon keep getting which is bad beacause by the time you reach the thired gym you have your pokemon at level 37 or somthing problem 2: none post game after you beat the game you have nothing to do except the looker missions but afterBest pokemon instalment to date but have two problems 1: broken exp share when you get the exp share you can just put in 1 pokemon and all of your other pokemon keep getting which is bad beacause by the time you reach the thired gym you have your pokemon at level 37 or somthing problem 2: none post game after you beat the game you have nothing to do except the looker missions but after that is over but x and y are great games and you should buy them Expand
  85. Jul 6, 2014
    I am a supreme Pokémon fan, I have played every game since gen 1,and devote my time to competitive battling using sources like smogon.When X/Y were announced the hype was there and everyone was excited. When it came out, I was impressed that they were able to change the formula a bit to fit peoples liking. The gameplay plays like most Pokémon games, in an adventure with the story, and theI am a supreme Pokémon fan, I have played every game since gen 1,and devote my time to competitive battling using sources like smogon.When X/Y were announced the hype was there and everyone was excited. When it came out, I was impressed that they were able to change the formula a bit to fit peoples liking. The gameplay plays like most Pokémon games, in an adventure with the story, and the optional completion of the "Pokedex".Now, the reason why this is not a perfect "10" is because of 2 problems I had with this game. Number one: The characters are not memorable, such as the gym leaders. I always remember past gym leaders but when thinking about X/Y I can only recall 4 gym leaders in the game.
    Number Two: The sprite-to-model change was nice, but not as good as I was hoping. This game is a must buy for returning fans of the series, but has it's negatives as well.
  86. Oct 12, 2013
    Simply a goddamn masterpiece. Everything is different, and lively as hell, and the game is long as the pokemon look awesome, probably the best one to date.
  87. Oct 14, 2013
    Great game! Hard to find any faults after 14 hours of playtime (haven't even got my 2nd badge yet!). You will lose yourself in this amazing game. X/Y take the series to another level and gives it a much needed breath of fresh air. If you have any doubt over whether or not you buy this game: buy it, you won't regret it.
  88. Oct 12, 2013
    I made an account just so I can express how brilliant this game is, everyone I know bought a 3ds for this game and they wee not disappointed. This game tweaks every single nit-pick that the previous entries in the series had. Character customization? Check. Diagonal walking? Check. Ability to run from start? Check. Incredibly sped up gameplay? Check. Brilliant graphics? Check. Ability toI made an account just so I can express how brilliant this game is, everyone I know bought a 3ds for this game and they wee not disappointed. This game tweaks every single nit-pick that the previous entries in the series had. Character customization? Check. Diagonal walking? Check. Ability to run from start? Check. Incredibly sped up gameplay? Check. Brilliant graphics? Check. Ability to challenge anyone anywhere? Check. this game is truly one of the greatest RPGs of all time, it introduces new elements while improving on past elements, and fulfills every wish I had for it. Get this game now. Expand
  89. Oct 13, 2013
    The game feels fresh, re-innovated and new while still keeping that Pokemon flare. It is definitely a huge leap in the franchise, even though it was already fairly successful. The enchanting music, beautiful graphics and vast region all contribute to the charm of the 6th Gen of Pokemon. On top of all of that, character customization and pokemon-amie, really make the player feel much moreThe game feels fresh, re-innovated and new while still keeping that Pokemon flare. It is definitely a huge leap in the franchise, even though it was already fairly successful. The enchanting music, beautiful graphics and vast region all contribute to the charm of the 6th Gen of Pokemon. On top of all of that, character customization and pokemon-amie, really make the player feel much more immersed in the world of Pokemon. Expand
  90. Oct 12, 2013
    Pokemon X and y are brilliant games. They are the closest realization to Satoshi Tajiri's 15 year dream. If you want to get a game, the best one out now is probably pokemon x and y.
  91. Oct 12, 2013
    Incredibly fun game, trailers don't do the graphics justice this is an improvement in every way visually without sacrificing any of that pokemon feel. Think Ni No Kuni and you'll have some idea of how great it looks. Slight frame rate drop and lack of features (No hardmode etc) are an annoyance but pale in terms of the weight of content added. Probably the most enjoyable game to come outIncredibly fun game, trailers don't do the graphics justice this is an improvement in every way visually without sacrificing any of that pokemon feel. Think Ni No Kuni and you'll have some idea of how great it looks. Slight frame rate drop and lack of features (No hardmode etc) are an annoyance but pale in terms of the weight of content added. Probably the most enjoyable game to come out of the pokemon series yet. Expand
  92. Oct 13, 2013
    Great game, game freak took the experience to the next level while sticking to the games roots. A visually stunning game which is also just as adictive as its predecessors. The mega evolutions and fairy types are also a good addition to the game to make it much more strategic. 10/10
  93. Oct 13, 2013
    I aslo made an account just for the purpose of reviewing this game. I don't think I can adequately put into words just how incredible this game is. I've played pigeon since the beginning, but it took me a very long while to make the jump to the DS platform. Recently I decided I was going to purchase a 3ds xl and give the new generation a shot. I got my ds,a copy of black 2, and while theI aslo made an account just for the purpose of reviewing this game. I don't think I can adequately put into words just how incredible this game is. I've played pigeon since the beginning, but it took me a very long while to make the jump to the DS platform. Recently I decided I was going to purchase a 3ds xl and give the new generation a shot. I got my ds,a copy of black 2, and while the learning curve was interesting coming from the gb, gba gens, I actually liked it quite a bit. I still had reservations going into pokemon x and y. Well I am here to say, if you love pokemon and have been playing every new iteration, or are like me and want to jump back in and maybe get a little competitive, this game is worth it. So worth it, that I have gone out and made sure I picked up y as well. Expand
  94. Oct 14, 2013
    It is simply more than I ever expected from a Pokémon game. Since Gold and Silver I never felt such a leap in graphics, social interactions and new Pokémon. This game is astounding. I've played for 28 hours on this weekend and wished to play more on this monday! This software is crazy awesome!
  95. Oct 20, 2013
    I've beaten the game today, and all I can say is this is gotta be the best Pokemon game ever made. The region Kalos is huge! They have brought every Pokemon from all generations into this! There is so much to this game that it's just an awesome RPG experience! My only problem is everyone is just weak in terms of levels. But then again the EXP Share is overpowered! When turned on (yes youI've beaten the game today, and all I can say is this is gotta be the best Pokemon game ever made. The region Kalos is huge! They have brought every Pokemon from all generations into this! There is so much to this game that it's just an awesome RPG experience! My only problem is everyone is just weak in terms of levels. But then again the EXP Share is overpowered! When turned on (yes you turn it on) it gives EXP to everyone in your party. Making it easy. But if you want a challenge go through the game without it. I hade a level 80 Blaziken at the end of the game! And the elite four members have Pokemon from a range of lvl. 60 Pokemon! But still the game is awesome with memorable characters to beautiful looking environments! Take my advice and get this game! If you don't have a 3DS, add this to your Christmas list. Expand
  96. Oct 23, 2013
    The best iteration in the whole series, thanks to many new features, online ease, wonderful visuals, and great exploration. Once the game is over there's not as many areas to explore as before, but you can still do a few side quests, hunt down ALOT of otherwise unobtainable rare pokemon in friend safari's, raise the ultimate Pokemon with much less frustration than before thanks to theThe best iteration in the whole series, thanks to many new features, online ease, wonderful visuals, and great exploration. Once the game is over there's not as many areas to explore as before, but you can still do a few side quests, hunt down ALOT of otherwise unobtainable rare pokemon in friend safari's, raise the ultimate Pokemon with much less frustration than before thanks to the wonderful new exp share, and most importantly, challenge the world easily through online battles. Expand
  97. Nov 4, 2013
    Pokemon X is the definitive version of Pokemon we've all been waiting for. So many great adjustments and advancements to the series help make it play so smoothly. Only reason it's getting a 9 and not a 10 is because the 3D isn't as prevalent as it could be.
  98. Nov 4, 2013
    Great nostalgia punch in the face. This game is so great in so many different ways. Felt from beggining to end like a portable-campaign version of Pokemon Stadium.
  99. Nov 5, 2013
    There are over 649 Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y with a decently sized over world for a Nintendo kids game. 8 gym leaders, 4 elites, and one final standoff, this game has loads to offer, from it's online wonder trade, to simply catching them all or at least attempting to. This game is definetly worth a buy.
  100. Nov 6, 2013
    I thought this game was one of the best games in the Pokemon franchise. Starting with the 3D models ending with the mega evolution. To start the 3D models where spot on with all the architecture from Pokemon stadium with out the announcer blowing your ear out. As well as the 3D models go I think that the mega evolution was one of the best additions in all the games. Mostly the reason II thought this game was one of the best games in the Pokemon franchise. Starting with the 3D models ending with the mega evolution. To start the 3D models where spot on with all the architecture from Pokemon stadium with out the announcer blowing your ear out. As well as the 3D models go I think that the mega evolution was one of the best additions in all the games. Mostly the reason I chose Pokemon x was the different mega forms for charizard and mew-two (Bad Ass). The only problem I have with the game is the 3D feature. It wouldn't have been such a big issue if the frame rates didn't drop every time I put on the 3D feature in battle. So that's why i gave it a 9 out of 10. Expand

1. 3D Visuals transformed the classic Pokemon approach in a good way. Online capabilities are top notch, this new generation will really make Pokemon fans happy.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Even if Pokémon X & Y has graphics in 3D and several other gameplay innovations it is still the same core experience as before. Focus is as always on catching them all and it is still an addictive experience. The difficulty bar is lower than before, the online functions more present and the gameplay mechanics better realised.
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    For the first time in a long time, Pokémon has taken a real step towards pushing the series forward.