6.6

1. Apr 2, 2011
    Its the best iteration of PES for sometime but it certainly has its faults. The default "player" view is extremely difficult to use - you'll have to rely on the radar for player locations as the view changes just far too quickly to be useful. The 3D is handled very well, the frame rate is pretty smooth and the sound (for a sports title) is pretty good.

The commentary is a little sparse at
    times and the crowd is only 2d but what holds back this title from being a very solid game is the complete lack of options! PES doesn't have the license of FIFA but it really should make up for this with a better UI and tutorials - demos and scenarios.

I miss the old days of International Superstar Soccer and the different scenarios it would put you in. What I do love about PES though is that it is much more realistic and its difficulty is finely balanced. For every errant pass you'll pay a hefty price but make some clear space with a few solid passes - a little shuffle past your man and slotting by the 'keeper....theres no better feeling than scoring a well earned goal.

This is a good start for PES and I look forward to next seasons edition. 3DS sports is off to a good start - now for a beautiful 3D tennis game (what ever happened to Grand Slam Tennis?) and a Tiger Woods title......
  2. Dec 13, 2011
    Not the best Football game I have ever played. It is still fun and graphics are ok, but it does not have online and lacks on features sometimes. There is not much to say about the game since I am not exactly stunned by it.
  3. May 7, 2011
    Probably one of the best instalments in the PES series, with the 3DS depth making angular viewing easier and allowing precise judgement of shooting, passing, and dribbling. Nice, original gameplay but no revolutionary additions, and poor multiplayer, yet, i suppose fans won't really be expecting anything very new.
  4. Aug 13, 2011
    I enjoy the World Cup when it rolls around and catch an occasional MLS game but I'm no hardcore soccer fan and can't name more than five players. However, I enjoy soccer video games and since the 3DS library is so limited, I gave PES 2011 3D a try, and am glad I did.

The 3D in this game is very cool! The first time you see the players running around the screen they seem more like ants
    inside a box rather than a flat video screen. So cute! The default camera is not really usable since you don't see enough of the field and takes too long panning around. I recommend the vertical view since it really enhances the 3D effect and also matches the radar view so you don't have to mentally rotate it in your mind. The 3D is particularly helpful for long kicks since you can better judge the height and depth of the ball in the air. It's easier to complete long passes and prepare your receiver to trap the ball. It definitely enhances the gameplay and is not just a gimmick for the sake of 3D.

Since I'm not a hardcore soccer fan, it doesn't bother me that all the licensed teams aren't up to date. In fact, I'm thrilled to support any company that competes with EA since they would rather buy exclusive licenses than compete fairly on merit. The only little problems I have with the game is that it forces you to watch replays of every goal and generally makes you hit the 'start' button to skip stuff way too often - which is not the best button on the 3DS. Also, no online play is a major disappointment as well. Also think it is overpriced. I wish they would offer a stripped down version on the eStore without the actual player names for around $10-15.

The game itself is lots of fun and very competitive. You can set the difficulty level to get the game about where you want it, and then choose your teams to finely tweak how challenging it is. It's the best portable soccer game I've played and am having an absolute blast with it so far.
  5. Feb 18, 2014
    I think I paid like 6 or 8 bucks for the game. For a 3DS soccer game, it hits the mark pretty dang well. Recommended for soccer fans who want a mobile game superior to touchscreen controls of a smartphone or tablet.

1. Jun 6, 2011
    In the end, Pro Evolution Soccer 3D offers great controls on the 3DS with some good use of 3D graphics. There is definitely enough content in this game to keep even the most fussiest of soccer fans happy such as the Master League but when you attempt to explore more like online content and full license teams, these are unfortunately missing.
  2. May 31, 2011
    The presentation of the menu and in-game action is top-notch. Maybe it's only because it's a handheld and nothing like this has been seen on mobile devices yet, but it feels like a perfect experience, at least at first.
  3. May 23, 2011
    It's a competent first pass 3D pocket football game, of that there's no question. It's fun to play and the 3D genuinely aids in comprehension of the proceedings.