8.7

1. Sep 11, 2014
    I loved it!
    What a tremendous achievement putting these two games and characters together. Both sympathetically, but not wholesale, recreated from their respective places. Both have been given careful attention so things flow well as a single title and don't feel jarring lay different side by side.
    I loved it!
    I got a little bogged down in the Witch hunt trial but otherwise it's first rate Layton and Pheonix in one game!
    Also... If you love the title music to both, just sit back and enjoy this mashup... What a peice :-)
  2. Sep 5, 2014
    Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is game made for fans of both franchises in the gaming world. I will say that yes, which franchise you like better will make you enjoy the aspect of the game that involves which character you like better, but it doesn't take away from the game at all. Even if you haven't ever played a Professor Layton, or Phoenix wright game, you willProfessor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is game made for fans of both franchises in the gaming world. I will say that yes, which franchise you like better will make you enjoy the aspect of the game that involves which character you like better, but it doesn't take away from the game at all. Even if you haven't ever played a Professor Layton, or Phoenix wright game, you will love this game if you enjoy puzzles, and contradictions. Even more, it will make you want to go buy the games for these two brilliant characters which is a great way to get into their games. I'm about 13 hours in, and I have enjoyed ever moment, a game to pick up if you own a 3DS!!! Expand
  3. Nov 16, 2014
    This game definitely takes the best of both worlds. There are plenty of puzzles to solve, and many court cases to be a part of. The storyline is well done, the art is unique, and the music is captivating.

If you like Professor Layton games, or Phoenix Wright games, this one will not disappoint you.
  4. Jul 13, 2015
    A truly fantastic crossover. However, its biggest flaw is that it is aimed at fans of both PL and AA, and people who have only played one of the game series may be frustrated at some points. But, once you learn the ropes of the game, said "biggest flaw" becomes insignificant, and the game will become an experience you will not soon forget.
  5. May 8, 2015
    I'm a fan of the Phoenix Wright series, so I picked this game up thinking it would be a cool game to play after I was finished playing Phoenix Wright 3 on the 3DS. Playing the game immediately after playing a Phoenix Wright game made it pretty obvious that this game is short in some of the key Ace Attorney elements. My main complaint would be that every investigation sequence featuringI'm a fan of the Phoenix Wright series, so I picked this game up thinking it would be a cool game to play after I was finished playing Phoenix Wright 3 on the 3DS. Playing the game immediately after playing a Phoenix Wright game made it pretty obvious that this game is short in some of the key Ace Attorney elements. My main complaint would be that every investigation sequence featuring Phoenix is very short and seems pretty shoe horned in.
    To be honest, this doesn't really detract that much from the game at all. It is still plenty long even without a whole lot of collecting clues and interrogating people. The two series worked really well together, and the court sequences are an exciting way to advance the story, even if a lot of the contradictions you find are similar to those in the Larry Butz "The Thinker" case.
    I agree that this game seems like more of a Professor Layton game with Ace Attorney elements, but who cares it is still an awesome game. Great music, cool characters, awesome story this game has it all! I am playing the Miracle Mask now, thanks to this game.
  6. Jan 19, 2015
    An amazing game here. The story is just incredible, and it really mixes this two franchises very well.
    It has a lot of puzzle to solve and the court cases, which are the parts that i most enjoy, are amazing and very well done. Fans of both of the franchises should definitely look this up
  7. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best crossover I have ever played, with almost all elements from both series present. Its developing story is imersive, and it delivers at least 20-25 hours of game play without being a chore to complete, and all the twists like Layton becoming a inquisitor and discovering Laberintia is a heavily isolated place in the real world Expand
  8. Jan 8, 2015
    They did a fantastic job merging these two game series together! The story is complex, characters are memorable, and some of the puzzles are real head-scratchers. Would definitely recommend to both fans of either series or newcomers!
  9. Jan 17, 2015
    I have the feeling that this game could have been much more but it has in my opinion a few but strong flaws:
    - Due to the new dynamic approach to puzzles, they've become much simpler and easier than ever.
    - The trials are by far more appealing than the investigation part. - The classic Ace Attorney mistake: you've more or less guessed the whole plot but you have to painfully go thorough
    - The trials are by far more appealing than the investigation part.
    - The classic Ace Attorney mistake: you've more or less guessed the whole plot but you have to painfully go thorough desperate dialogues and express the contradictions the way the game wants to. This have been always an issue of the saga: it really needs more flexibility.

I love both Layton and Phoenix's games but the result, while it's well made, does nothing new.
  10. Mar 26, 2015
    As someone who has never played a Professor Layton game I found his segment boring, but the trials are the same as the ones that we have grown to love from the Ace Attorney series, also the voice acting (for Pheonix and Maya at least) sucked and the difficulty of the puzzles were incredibly inconsistent, but overall it's a good game
  11. Aug 15, 2015
    A huge disappointment compared to other Ace Attorney games, but a good enough game on its own. I found it enjoyable, but I expected so much more and the ending was pretty crap.

1. Sep 30, 2014
    No one should object to this enjoyable crossover.
  2. Sep 29, 2014
    I especially hope that another cross-over comes down the line, as these two finger-pointers make mystery-solving magic together.
  3. Sep 23, 2014
    Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is a love letter to fans. Everything the game tried to do, and did, was to please those that experienced at least one Professor Layton and one Phoenix Wright, and managed to enjoy the stay in these worlds. The world here may be different, but it's still familiar.