8.6

1. Jun 23, 2013
    My first time playing a game in this popular survival-horror franchise, I was disappointed to find out that there really isn't any horror to speak of in this game. That doesn't make it a bad game however, it makes great use of the 3D effect and has semi-decent length for a handheld game. The presentation in this game is generally impressive. Fantastic graphics and nice soundtrack really help pull you into this game, however the occasional poor voice acting and the lackluster story do hold the game back. Gameplay is also very good. Once you get used to the controls, which seem awkward at first due to a lack of camera control, everything feels right. Shooting down enemies is satisfying and rewarding, and the campaign is a lot of fun. The co-operative Raid Mode is a lot of fun too. It reminds me a lot of the zombie mode from the Call of Duty series, in that you progress through levels while fighting increasingly challenging waves of enemies. Playing this with a friend is a lot of fun. I enjoyed the game, but I wish it was scary. There was no tension or fear of what was around the next corner, so it ended up feeling like a straight up action game rather than a survival-horror experience. Part of me wonders if this was do to the fact that it is a handheld game, because when I'm on the go there's always people around, thus reducing the tension. Still this is a fun game and it's production values are through the roof and it makes great use of the 3DS' special features, even if it seems like it might be better suited for a console at times. So whether you're a Resident Evil fan or not this is a 3DS game you should consider. I just wish it was scarier. Expand
  2. May 28, 2012
    I was looking forward to this game, but the game is meh.
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    I am a big RE fan since its PS1 days, having played most of its installments across different systems. After the relatively disappointing RE5, I am surprised at how much Revelations freak me out. Great atmosphere and music, and believe it or not, greatly improved controls which were inherited from Mercenaries 3D! Each missions are also designed to allow for portable play, with numerous checkpoints. If you have a 3DS, then you should buy this game. It's a must have! Expand
  4. Feb 16, 2012
    This was a good game and it's one of the best ones on the 3DS right now. However that doesn't mean it's one of the best Resident Evil games. I played without the Circle Pad as I do not own one but the controls were still pretty tight, if a bit awkward. If you play for any long periods of time, your hand will start to cramp but it's not a problem in small intervals. The story was pretty good but the characters, beyond the main stays Jill and Chris, were either really annoying with bad accents or just plain boring. They really brought the story down just a bit. The story itself is pretty good and it's definitely a Resident Evil story. However I've heard that this game "brought the Resident Evil series back into the Horror game genre" since alot of people thought Resident Evil 5 took more of a Action game perspective. This is not the case as it might still have that Tank-like movement and gameplay style, it's not a very scary game. The worst part is that ammo is really scarce and the only thing you'll have to be scared about is having to use your knife every once in awhile. I did think this game was good and it's one of the better 3DS games on the system. However the last two Resident Evil games (4 and 5) were both better than this one. Expand
  5. Dec 27, 2013
    Solid Resident evil game. Pushes the boundaries of 3ds almost everywhere where. Great old-school horror but that's hurt by some dull action sections but you may consider it successful crossbreeding of old-school horror and new-school action.
  6. Oct 18, 2013
    AN Excelent survivor horror.
    im really impressive of capcom
    they did a good job with the esthetic,the monsters
    but there are a few thing that didnt like me
  7. Aug 27, 2013
    A must-purchase game for your 3DS. Lots of scary monster blasting fun. Lots of extras and replay value. Good online. Looks great in 3D the reason to get it on the 3DS rather than the main consoles.
  8. Jul 18, 2013
    It squeezes all the power possible from that tiny screen on the 3DS. The storyline takes up an episodic style. Throughout the whole story, which mostly takes place on a mysterious abandones ship, you play as a variety of characters, including Jill, Parker, and Chris, among others. The plot fills in a gap between RE 4 and 5. Although it's improbable, the storyline is excellent. Some of the script is incredibly cheesy and ridiculous however, but that doesn't happen often. The graphics are incredible for a handheld like 3DS, I never knew it had that much power. They are very realistic and add to the horror experience. So does the impressive 3D effect. I recommend you turn it on. The sound and music adds to the suspense perfectly, resulting in a superbly scary experience. The actual gameplay is reminiscent of past resident evils- before re 4. Limited ammo, memorable bosses, and more all contribute to make this the best resident evil yet. One annoyance is the limited AI of your fellow companions. The game takes about 15 hours to complete- not a lot. But raid mode at least dpubles that. In raid mode, you battle through locations from the main game, fighting enemies every step of the way. This isn't short of scares either. You can play this co-op as well, including both local and online. I'm not lying when I say this is the best resident evil I've ever played. Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2012
    Revelations is a gorgeous looking game and a fine showpiece for the 3DS' graphical capabilities. It's also an excellent entry in the Resident Evil franchise and should not be overlooked or brushed-off as a watered-down port for handhelds. However, the lack of a second analogue stick made things more clumsy than it had to be. Unfortunately, I didn't have the option of picking up a circle pad pro.
  10. Feb 16, 2012
    Resident evil revelations is a return to the original series style with classic resi controls or new 1st person shooter controls the choice is yours. you can also use the 3ds add on circle pad pro for the ultimate shooter experience. My choice is the classic control as it adds to the overall feeling of playing a true resi game. revelations keeps you short on ammo and health which adds to the tension along with the music and graphics. revelations is the best resi title since resi 4. With the co op raid mode which can also be played solo online or off. collectables,new costumes, phantom handprints scattered throught the chapters of story mode theres plenty to keep you playing long after the credits roll on the campaign. recommended for fans and newcomers alike revelations may well be the best game available on the 3ds so far. Expand
  11. Feb 7, 2012
    AMAZING. Must Buy. Awesome story, graphics sounds, all that stuff. Plus if your still not sure, there's a free, yep i wrote it, free demo. So try it, if you like it then buy it, but if you don't like it don't. Im not going to be one of those annoying people who tells everyone to buy a games even if they hate it. HA!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Feb 25, 2013
    The best Resident Evil game in years.A great handheld game, one that not only pushes the boundaries and standards of the Nintendo 3DS but one that recaptures a long-forgotten spirit of a classic franchise. Make no mistake about it, this is a full Resident Evil adventure that isn't watered down because it's in portable form.
  13. Apr 23, 2013
    Like most people that will write a review for Revelations, I am a life long fan of the franchise and looked forward to this release immensely. Unfortunately, in my opinion, this was the least satisfying entry to date and that includes the Mercenaries 3D.

For me the problem doesn't lay with the graphics or game play, both are pretty impressive considering the limitations of a hand held,
    it's just that the game is a bit, well, boring to be honest. In trying to combine elements of the original Res games along with those of 4 and 5 it loses out in so much as it doesn't do justice to either.

There is none of the nerve jangling, heart in your mouth, survival horror of the originals, I'm sorry but white fish men just don't compare to zombies, and completely gone is the puzzle solving element. Also, although it handles and plays much like Res 4 there is nothing like enough action to make Revelations a worth while 3rd person shooter.

What your left with is neither one thing or the other but a kind of mish mash that is less than the some of it's parts. That being said, it is still a Resident Evil game and as such is better than a lot of other stuff available for the 3DS. Oh, and the storyline is ridiculous, I mean just plain stupid...
  14. Feb 14, 2012
    An impressive 3DS title. Actually it is probably the best 3DS game you can purchase. The controls are fluid and fairly responsive even if you don't have the circle pad pro attachment that Nintendo and GameStop were trying to sell with it. The game does a good job bringing out the survival horror element that Resident Evil was famous for. I found myself on more than on occasion being startled and frightened by monsters randomly appearing from various areas of the cruise ship where the game is set. A couple of down sides though is that sometimes the game takes forever to load which the developers tried to mask with the doors opening or elevator sequences. Also they added a couple of characters that really added nothing to the series or the game... But overall the graphics are amazing and the game is a ton of fun! A real treat for RE fans and 3DS owners! Expand
  15. May 18, 2013
    It is for me the best 3DS-Game I've ever played. The story was awesome, the graphics is also really nice and the gameplay was nice, too. I played this game for hours and hours and the best thing about it is the multiplayer-mode. Buy it!
  16. Mar 5, 2012
    RER have a perfect balace between action and terror. A graphical impressive and very well set paragraph. It manages brilliantly with the second jostick and your mode online is equal of well that your mode in solitary. I want another RE in 3DS already!
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    If I had to use one word to describe this game, that would be SURPRISING. It's surprising that Nintendo could do a RE game on a family friendly handeld. It's surprising that an handeld could perform so good visually. It's surprising that the game is actually good. Make no mistake, it's still an action game with monsters, but there's enough atmosphere to keep the player entertained.

Here we play with multiple charatcter that switch all troughout the main campaing.

For most of the time you will play as series veteran Jill Valentine, in an attempt to stop the Veltro, a group of terrorists who likes to quote the Divine Comedy.

The main setting is an abandoned ship: the queen zenobia. This could sound boring at first, but the ship is really huge, with clever level design.

Even though the progression was linear, I never had the impression to walk a long hallway with scripted events.

Chapters with other characters offer a break from the Queen Zenobia being set on different environments like a snowy field.

Speaking of chapters, there is twelve of them, I was able to beat the game in 10 hours, which is good even for home console standards.
    Audio/video is almost console quality, you wouldn't believe it but this could look good even on a home console.

Controls are good, so good that you can be able to walk AND shoot and once you get used to it this work well with just ONE analogue stick.

The story makes no sense, or at least, I never fully understood what was going on, fortunately the cast is good and the new additions are a nice welcome to the series.

In the end I think this is a must buy for 3ds owners and resident evil fans.
  18. Nov 19, 2012
    Revelations successfully blends newer action focused resident evil, with classic puzzle solving and and resource hoarding horror and tension. It's simply an all around solid title, and thus far the most fun I have had with my 3DS.
  19. Apr 19, 2012
    A decent addition to the Resident Evil franchise that seems to go back to it's roots (RE 1 and 2) in that it's holding true to the claustrophobic, tense and eerie atmosphere. Capcom did a wonderful job. there ARE some criticisms, however... the control scheme of the game is a little tricky on it's own and it is highly recommended that if you get this game, get the circle-pad-pro for it as well as that will certainly make the game that much easier to control. graphics are stunning, voice-acting feels genuine and doesn't feel forced. the fact that you play through from different perspectives to get different points of the story is clever and works well.

it isn't a perfect game but it comes very, very close.
  20. Feb 26, 2012
    Finally Resident Evil returns to its roots again authentic survival horror with ZOMBIES! the game has a great scary atmosphere and a great location for a RE game with dark places and corridors and places that look similar to the mansion from the original RE so the level desing is really well made and the booses are very cool, the main campaing takes place in a luxury ship cruise called the queen zenobia were you control Jill valentaine in search for Chris Redfield and you must travel around the ship infested with zombies, some puzzles like in the original games and being scared sometimes the campaing has 12 episodes divided in 2 parts each so is a long game the campaing took me 10-12 hours so its a fairly long game.
    The gameplay mechanics are the sames as RE 4 and 5 in a 3rd person camera for moving and for shooting you can go into a 1rst person mode or 3rd person mode (you can choose the shooting camera in the options menu ) but 2 thing were added: unlike RE 4 and 5 now you can move when aiming by holding the L-button but when walking and aiming you can´t move your gun aming laser, that can be fixed with a circle pad pro but that accsesroy is not required to play the game but it can make the gameplay a little more confortable.
    The second addition is doge, when a enemy is about to attack by moving the circle pad up or down + B you can doge the enemy attack and counter-attack this is a very helpful tactic and will help you to save up herbs and make your way around the enemies.
    The only thing I didn´t like about the game is that sometimes you play some missions that are fillers with characters that you don´t care about and had no charm whatsoever.
    The other thing that may don´t like you is that some missions are action based like RE5 when you simply need to go from start to finish, actually these missions are not bad (exept for the fillers ones) but if you wanted a 100% horror game that´s not the case but the good news is that the campaing focuses in mayor part in the horror aspects so is a 70% of horror and 30% of action gameplay.
    there´s also a Raid mode witch is basicly Mercenaries without a time limit were you need to get to the end of the level killing evereything in your path is a fun mode that can be played on line and will add more replay value and a archivement system that serves to unlock weapons outfits and some other things. In conclusion I can say that this is the best 3DS game to date the graphics are really good and the 3d effect is pretty cool, the game is worth buying especially for RE fans that wanted another horror game in the series but with some fillers and action based missions I give it a 9/10.
  21. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After looking through this new game by Cap com I went ahead and buy ed it with new characters and some oldies that we like, like Jill Valentine and Chris Red field and it also has new creatures which acts like zombies they grab you they try to eat you yep a same thing about a zombie would do to you too.

Still this is a new story based in a ship for Jill story you get to play as two characters in this wounder ful game and of course many more.

Just buy and you won't be disappointed with this game better than Mercenaries I' am sure.

A lot talk about the camera part for some reason, still it's like Resident Evil 4 and 5 so I can't see why people complain about it.

Downside is playing with someone on net well there is lag and you can't go through a door when the other person opens it, instead you got to open it yourself I find that annoying at times.
  22. Mar 1, 2012
    I cannot begin to describe how epic this game is.

I was reluctant to purchase this game. The last Resident Evil I owned was Resident Evil 4. I didn't really like the direction that the series had taken; Resident Evil 2 was my favorite game in the series, and I preferred the old school presentation and control of all the Resident Evils that came before 4.

However, after the way everyone
    was raving about this game, I decided to take a chance. I was at gamestop with $45 in my pocket, and it wasn't easy to take that chance. I wanted to spend that money on other things, but I said to myself, "No, I will take a chance."

I had played the demo and it was good. But it did not compare nor did it prepare me for what was about to be unleashed upon me. I got home and was hesitant to even remove the shrink wrap. I went online and read some last second reviews. I liked what I heard, and decided to take a chance.

I. am. so. glad. I. did.

I remember taking the little pairing knife out of the drawer and removing the shrink wrap; opening up the case; popping out the 3DS game; putting it into my 3DS; OH MY!!!

This game looks like an Xbox 360 game. I am not being kind to it. Let me say it again.

It looks like an Xbox 360 game. It does. Period. And that is with the 3D off. Turn it on, and it is one of the best looking games that I have seen, and I also game on a PC with dual 6970s, just so you know.

And the gameplay? It is an absolute blast to play. It has 3 different control methods. With one, you move and turn, and hold the shoulder button to strafe. With another, you move and strafe and press a button to turn. And with the third, you can move with the left stick but control the camera and aim with the face buttons. I actually prefer the latter, and it controls even better with the circle pad pro - but guess what? You don't need it, at least not the way you did for MGS 3D. The game plays fine without it.

This game looks amazing.

This game plays amazing.

This game is hard.

This game is fun.

This game is an epic, once in lifetime masterpiece.

I am shocked that is hasn't gotten 10's across the board.

11/10.
  23. Nov 11, 2012
    This game brings me back memories of resident evil 4. In some areas they exceed RE4, in others they don't. For example, the ooze are really creepy enemies. The game overall is probably scarier than RE4. Some of the boss fights like Scagdead and Rachel, are really good. The sea creepers are so scary, you find it difficult to get yourself to go in the shallow water. The only disappointment I have with this game is the fact that it was released for 3ds. The game would have sold much more if it were released on ps3 and I could enjoy playing the game on my TV instead of a small screen. The inventory is really good too. Not as good as RE4, but definitely better than RE5 and RE6. Boss fights are on average OK. Scagdead and Rachel may be good but the other 3 are basically on par with RE5. The dodge mechanic isn't that great either. Also there are times where you play as these random characters, this should have been thrown out. The game should have focused more on Jill. Expand
  24. Feb 15, 2012
    Revelations is proof that Capcom did not forget the good old terror. Despite a few flaws, it is the game that fans of the saga were asking since 2005, when Resident Evil 4 arrived at stores to completely changing the franchise. Turn off the lights, put the headphones and get ready to be terrorized once again.
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    Nada que decir un juego simplemente bueno, un juego que coge lo bueno de resident evil 4 y de el suspenso de la vieja escuela, lastima que sea solo para 3ds pero aun así un amigo me lo facilito y me lo pase como un enano me encanto la verdad un gran juego que ningún poseedor de 3DS se lo debe perder, si quieres un resident evil como los clásicos esta es tu oportunidad..
  26. Feb 19, 2012
    This is one of the greatest Resident Evil installments ever made, and the funny thing is, it's only available on a 3 inch 3DS screen. I have put about 20 hours into Campaign mode (completed story on normal difficulty, and most of the story on Hell), and 7 hours was spent on Raid Mode (LV 22). With that said, here is my review of this game: First I will talk about the positive aspects. The graphics are the best of the 3DS games I have ever seen. It is similar to that of 3DS Mercenaries, but a lot more polished, and the character movements are much smoother this time around. Unlike Mercenaries, there are no longer claymation-esc movements of characters, no matter how far away they are. The controls are excellent with the Circle Pad Pro, and without it, they are still great once you get use to them. The sound is awesome, filling the atmosphere with lots of great musical scores and sound effects that create very intense experiences. The storyline is very intricate and well thought-out. It took me almost 2 playthroughs to comprehend the crazy, clever twists in the plot. Gameplay this time around is different, and it took me about an hour to fully understand it. But that's not a bad thing at all. In fact, it was quite refreshing, and fun on a whole new level. I had to learn how to play this game for the first hour though, because the formula changed. This time, the enemies are no longer human-like zombies from RE4 and 5. You can no longer shoot them in all kinds of weak spots and melee the hell out of them like a UFC fighting champion. In Revelations, each character only has one melee move, which you can charge up by holding the action button, and the opportunities to perform a melee move as greatly diminished. And for those who are use to shooting zombies in the legs, that tactic isn't very effective anymore. Instead of them getting stunned so you can perform a deadly melee attack, they will drop to the ground after many shots and start crawling towards you. And they crawl about as fast as they walk. Also, this time the baddies are much harder to predict, because some are surprisingly fast, while others might swag side to side as they move, making head shots very difficult. But after I got use to all of this, it became a really cool and refreshing experience. Players also have the ability to dodge now, and it is crucial that they master this move, because we can no longer walk backwards fast enough to avoid most of these zombies. Now I will address the negative aspects of RE Revelations. One odd perk I found in the campaign is that even though we play as numerous characters in different scenarios, we are only allowed to manage our weapons upgrades when we are playing strictly as Jill. And we only use Jill in about 55 percent of the Campaign. This makes for some weird difficulty peaks, because while playing as other characters, the weapons we use are standard, with zero upgrades what so ever. Because of this, the game difficulty becomes very challenging one moment, and then really easy the next. I don't know about you all, but I believe a game's difficulty should be progressive, not random. Next I want to talk about Raid Mode. Raid Mode is very different from the classic Mercenary Mode, which was in RE:3 through 5. In Mercenaries, it was all about connecting combos to score as high as possible,killing a seemingly endless amount of enemies. You had a time limit, which you could increase by accomplishing certain moves. Raid mode is an RPG game. You progress through stages from the Campaign, killing enemies along the way. You try to be accurate, quick and deadly, taking as little damage as possible so you can level up faster and obtain better weapons and mods. Once you reach the end of a stage, you melee attack a giant coin to finish. When I compare Raid Mode to Mercenaries, I would say that Raid Mode is VERY addictive, but the fun of it fades quite a bit once you maxed out all your stats. Mercenaries Mode is RELATIVELY addictive, but the fun factor never depreciates. Also, Mercenaries was a very coop friendly game mode. Raid however, features coop action, but there are seldom times I had fun playing coop. Either my level was too low, making it too difficult for me, and too easy for my partner, or it was vise versa. Over all though, the positives far outweighs the negatives, and I do recommend RE Revelations to anyone who owns a 3DS. Expand
  27. May 29, 2013
    Not quite what I thought it would be This is a title many people including myself have been waiting for for a long time. It promises an almost console like experience and to some extent it does deliver that, although it has it's flaws. The Good Graphically decent, probably the 2nd best looking 3ds game so far (second to Mario Kart 7 which looks phenomenal) Sound design is awesome, play this wearing a decent pair of headphones to get the most of out the sound. The 3ds speakers don't do it justice.
    The luxury cruise ship Queen Zenobia is a decent setting although has been done before in Resident Evil Gaiden.
    Unlockables and costumes to collect.
    Almost returns to the franchises routes with some scares and backtracking to return to newly accessible areas.
    Weapon upgrade system works well and is fun to experiment with.
    Good pacing, not always solving puzzles or shooting monsters.
    Play as the old favourite reoccurring characters.
    Raid mode is decent alone.
    You can move while shooting now. You may like or dislike this.
    Good length. Took me about 10 hours to finish the campaign.
    Many medals to unlock (sort of like achievements/trophies)

The Bad

The game teases you as you get a bit of old school corridor exploration like in the earlier games but in the style at Resident Evil 4-5. This would be a good thing but on too many occasions the game resorts to throwing waves of enemies at you and almost becomes a bad third person shooter.
    The story is laughably bad. Terragrigia? Veltro? Why is Capcom introducing more needless rubbish to an already convoluted franchise?
    The new characters are pointless, annoying and add nothing to the franchise. Why not give us a game with Billy or Barry? Nobody wants "Jackass", "Grinder" and "Jessica"
    The dialogue is cringeworthy even by Japanese standards. It's so bad it rivals the first games except it's not in any way amusing.
    Every time a bit of tension builds the game takes you away from the action and forces you to play a lame third person shooter. By the second episode you will have mowed down more Hunters than in every other Resident Evil game combined. It's not fun and it adds nothing.

Limited ammo and herb carrying capability. You can carry 40 bullets and 5 herbs at first until later where you can find bags to hold more. You have to leave most ammo behind which is annoying.

They removed the item management system, all you have to do is select your weapon loadouts at weapon chests. This may actually be a good thing depending on your preference.

The bosses and enemies are really generic and actually make you laugh more than they scare you. The first and second bosses in particular are just stupid.

The Genesis. You can scan enemies with this which basically fills a bar. Once the bar is filled you get a green herb, which you won't need more than likely. Also you can use the genesis to scan rooms for hidden items. Doesn't add anything and just slows the game down.

Haven't been to able to connect to a multiplayer Raid game.
    Horrendous lag when a new area is loading. Instead of getting a "now loading" screen the game carries on but the frame rate drops to 2fps and the game stutters like crazy totally removing the point of having invisible loading screens (to avoid breaking immersion).

While the sound is good when there is many explosions and gunfire the 3DS speakers distort like crazy. I use headphones most of the time but if you allow the speakers to distort like that they WILL break.

Load times are ridiculous for a cartridge based game. I know the game is probably heavily compressed to fit on the cart but it's still pretty poor.

Ridiculous circle pad pro add on I refuse to buy makes the game control better apparently. The controls are pretty stiff without but manageable.

I'm a total Resident Evil fan having completed the previous games many times, Resident Evil 2 and 4 I have probably finished 20-30 times each. I can honestly say this one will never be replayed and I was kind of glad it finished when it did. However it's still a decent game on a system without too many must have titles and I would recommend it at a lower price.
  28. Feb 15, 2012
    Resident Evil Revelations brings back classic control and puzzle solving we came to know and love in the series. The graphics are the best I have seen on a 3DS. The story is very well done, and much longer than I expected on the 3DS. This is a must have for this system.
  29. Feb 26, 2013
    La narrativa del juego es muy televisiva, está dividida en capítulos y al empezar cada uno de los 11 de los que se compone nos acompañará un pequeño vídeo que resume lo ocurrido anteriormente en Revelations. Viviremos flashbacks, cambios de personajes y, como si de una serie se tratara, los capítulos acaban en el punto mas álgido posible para dejarnos enganchados a la 3ds. la verdad que tengo que decir que me ha gustado mucho, este si que es un Resident evil como los clásicos,admito que me asuste un par de veces e.e .La historia me tuvo muy atrapado,muy buena. Me sentí cómodo con la jugabiliad,me gusto mucho, muy buenos gráficos, la ambientación esta buena, Sonido excelente. En general el juego es muy bueno y lo recomiendo para los que no lo tienen. Expand
  30. Jan 12, 2013
    Just beat this game tonight, and I have to say it was definitely worth what I paid. The story is interesting, the controls worked well even without dual joysticks, and it provided a pretty decent challenge without ever becoming frustrating or obnoxious. I also played through some of the "Raid" missions, which are sort of this game's version of The Mercenaries. You basically run through a small level toward a goal as fast as you can, murdering everything along the way. This gives you points for unlockables and new weapons and upgrades. Basically it's a pretty good game. It is a bit short (main game took me only 9 hours, and I was not fast at all), and the underwater bits were kind of annoying, but it's worth your time and money to check it out. Expand
  31. Feb 7, 2012
    Been playing the game for a week now, finished the campaign on normal and played lots of raid mode, and I have to say, this game is awesome. The only negative thing I encountered so far are heavy frame rate drops when you are in the dedicated loading rooms, such as elevators and other small rooms. But nothing happens in this rooms anyway and all the other parts run really smooth. Graphic, sound, game play is amazing, especially with the circle pad. The 3D effect is astonishing, especially cranked all the way up in the options menu. Story is very cliché and predictable but solid all around. The campaign on hell mode and the later stages of raid mode are also very challenging and there are lots of things to unlock. This game is just worth its money. If you're waiting for a better survival horror game on a handheld, well good luck on that, might take a while. Collapse

1. Mar 9, 2012
    Resident Evil: Revelations shows the potential that lies in Nintendos new handheld console. The story itself is masterfully told inepisodes, and the game has the best sound I've experienced on a 3DS sofar. The controls, however, seem a bit too stiff, but in a way thatalso enhanced the general claustrophobic atmosphere in the game.
    Best parts of survival action are horror moments and online cooperation. RE: Revelations show the potential of 3DS in full scale. [Feb 2012]
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    While survival-horror definitely isn't my best genre, Resident Evil: Revelations is easily one of the best 3DS games I've played to date. Just about any frustrations I've come across is due to my own lack of skill and experience with the franchise as a whole. If you're a Resident Evil fan with a 3DS, this is definitely one to pick up.