7.6

1. Mar 15, 2014
    A great game.Shin Megami Tensei is one of my favourite sagas,and this game,it's one of the best games in 3ds.The 3D effect looks nice in this game.I recommend you this game.I'm never tired of playing it in my 3DS.I'm waiting for Persona Q,I think it will be even better than this SMT.
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    This is a wonderful game with a great story, good voice acting, great characters, good gameplay, and a weird and quirky spirit. It's one of the most bizarre SMT games out there, but it's fun. The mechanics have aged, the graphics are a pile of waste, but that did not stop me from enjoying a thoroughly good story. It was fairly challenging. Also, you should keep backup saves, because at certain points you discover that a decision you made an hour ago has screwed you out of the easy path. Also, post game, there is quite a lot of content if you want it. Different endings, EX dungeons. Lot's to do. The characters are all wonderfully written, the comedy is great, the voice acting is excellent. Not the best in the series, but still good. I give it a 9, then I bump that up a point to offset for trolling. Expand
  3. Feb 20, 2014
    I'm giving it a 10/10 because it's exactly what I expected from it - a great SMT experience. The game obviously has its issues - the 3D and the monster sprites are clearly simplistic, but that's not because the game is underdeveloped - it's simply a faithful port of the Saturn original which I personally couldn't enjoy as I don't know Japanese. I was eagerly awaiting this release as it was the only way in which I could experience Soul Hackers in an enjoyable way and I was not disappointed by it. The animated FMV's are charming, the demon-collecting (or rather, chatting with them) mechanics are fun (especially because the demons can actually *leave* or disobey you if you don't follow the moral guidelines they believe in) and fun, the combat is diverse (Close-range attacks, ranged attacks, magic, status effects, front and back row - things that you're familiar with if you play dungeon crawlers, all executed great), demon fusing is as much fun as it always was and I can't wait to dig deeper into the game. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm a good couple hours in and so far I'm very satisfied with it. The only thing that could possibly make the game better would be a new coat of paint - remade sprites, environments and whatnot, but that'd make it a remake, not a port. Expand

1. Nov 15, 2013
    Quite a difficult game, but it still has it charms. However, it feels outdated – it came out in Japan in 1997 – and it can overcome that fact. The voice acting is really magnificent in this game, but that’s one of those spare pros.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    There is a steep learning curve within Soul Hackers. [Issue#141, p.111]
  3. Nov 11, 2013
    Fans of retro JRPGs will find a lot to like in a game that at its core is quite traditional despite the unusual atmosphere and complex gameplay mechanics.