8.8

1. Dec 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Personally I feel the game feels a bit old and lacking. First of all I expected more in terms of its story, but disappointed.

One thing that I find weird is their version of saving is a bit... different. I saved at the castle level where you need to get past guards patrolling but to my surprise when I loaded my save found out I had to walk ALL THE WAY back to the level from where you start a new game. On top of that, all the monsters instantly respawn as soon as you leave a zone - yes, clean the monsters, go to other room, come back, ta-da! All the monsters are there!

I think with this current state of the game it feels like a beta to me more than a complete game. I gave it a 4 because the puzzles can be fun, but anything beyond that there wasn't anything for me.
  2. Jun 17, 2015
    Barely average- this remake of the in 1998 original is clearly a cash grab on nintendo's part make several (slight) improvements such as in the graphics and gameplay and the fact that the adventure is now portable- apart from that there isn't much difference that I can see. The gyro sensor features is a mere gimmick that eventually just serves to annoy, as a slight movement will send theBarely average- this remake of the in 1998 original is clearly a cash grab on nintendo's part make several (slight) improvements such as in the graphics and gameplay and the fact that the adventure is now portable- apart from that there isn't much difference that I can see. The gyro sensor features is a mere gimmick that eventually just serves to annoy, as a slight movement will send the camera flailing in that direction- though you can turn this feature off. I honestly can't see how all of these 10/10 scores exist. It also seems like the majority of gameplay and puzzles is merely based on guesswork, and often leaves you wandering around aimlessly. In fact after being stuck on one section of the game (due to the game's crap controls) I ended up hurling my ds across the room in frustration!! The fact that it's just so average makes it even more painful to play. I enjoyed the original when I was a kid, but I've outgrown my rose-tinted glasses and what's on offer here is simply not up to scratch by today's standards. Again, if this had been released 10 years ago or Nintendo didn't simply copy and paste the same tired formula and actually tried to innovate it'd be everything I'd hoped for and more, but that isn't the case- lazy. Very disappointing. Maybe I got my hopes up- but I expect more from the legendary Nintendo in one of their headline franchises. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2011
    For Zelda fanatics, this re-release of one of the best Zelda titles out there seems like it could be a cash grab – but the additions, especially the great use of the 3DS graphical prowess and the 3D itself make it a must purchase for all gamers, new and old.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, that wonderful soundtrack, the enthralling story and that damn annoying fairy, the 3DS version has it all and is easily the best port to ever be made of the legend.
  3. Oct 19, 2011
    One of the most definite games from the 90's is back better than ever. The new visuals brighten the epic adventure well, and the Master Quest is a nice add. All in all Ocarina of Time is a true classic belonging in every 3DS owner's shelf. [Aug 2011]