8.8

1. Jun 8, 2015
    Pros:
    +Graphics are nice.
    +Soundtrack and sound in general is amazing.
    +Motion controls!
    +3D is good.

Cons:
    -Clunky controls.
    -Boring as hell.
    -Dull combat.

Ocarina of Time is really not bad, don't get me wrong, but only if you really like Zelda, which i do not. I find other Zelda games much, much better. Instead of buying this, get ALBW.
  2. May 31, 2015
    now, i love the n64 Version, but this one is very frustrating! Some items are do nothing useful like the shard of agony. It is very different than the normal, and i am stuck because of a glitch! And the glitch would not go away! I am very disappointed in the game right now.
  3. Dec 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An amazing game in 1999, but even with it's visual upgrades it's starting to show its age. It did feel nice to use the touchscreen for swapping items, especially with the iron boots. Expand
  4. May 27, 2014
    I don't understand why people are saying this is the best Zelda game, I'm not saying its a terrible game but it gets way too much glory than it deserves.
  5. Dec 8, 2013
    Ocarina of Time is a solid game, and this this is a good remake of it. Higher resolution everything, nice controls, master quest included. A person could hardly ask for more. The 3D stuff even looks pretty good most of the time, if you care about that. I think my favorite part of the remake is that first-person aiming has (optional) motion controls, which makes things way cool.

If

If you've got a 3DS, you should pick up this game.
  6. Nov 26, 2013
    This game's okay as Zelda games go. I wasn't hit by the hype train like everyone else and played this when it came out, so I'm not as biased, but I can't be the only one who thinks this game's not all it's cracked up to be. Yes, it's enjoyable and innovative for its time, but compared to later games and even earlier ones, it doesn't provide much that the other games already don't.

It

It might just be me complaining about it being repeatedly called "teh best zelda game evurr", but I really don't get the deal. It's just a good game and it's a good Zelda game. Nothing more, nothing less.
  7. Sep 2, 2013
    I loved the game when it came out on the Game Cube. But even with it being remade perfectly for the 3DS I just couldn't get into this type of game on such a small screen.
  8. May 31, 2012
    It's big, open, colourful, and there is plenty to do. Unfortunately, it is also for the most part mind numingly boring. The level design leaves a lot to be desired because you often find yourself wondering around most of the time completing various tasks which may or may not help you to get to the next phase of the game.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for open level design that gives the
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for open level design that gives the gamer choices. But in this game everything is a gamble and there appears to be little if any logic behind it.

At times you think it's just wonderful and I can see why many people like it. But then again, Justin Beiber sells a lot of albums.

Worth a look but nowhere near as good as many would have you believe.
  9. Jan 10, 2012
    OoT is an amazing game. It still is. However, having played it so many times on the N64 I can't even remember, I have a few tiffs with this version. The 3D is cool and everything, but it hurt my eyes. Also, they changed the dialogue. This being the case, the effect wasn't the same. They sped up the type speed, but also the rest of the game. I assume it's for the short attention spans ofOoT is an amazing game. It still is. However, having played it so many times on the N64 I can't even remember, I have a few tiffs with this version. The 3D is cool and everything, but it hurt my eyes. Also, they changed the dialogue. This being the case, the effect wasn't the same. They sped up the type speed, but also the rest of the game. I assume it's for the short attention spans of the newer gamers. It ruins the feel of the game though and sometimes the cut scenes are too short to even read what's being said. It takes a short time to get up to Gannondorf (there used to be a long winding staircase which took all about forever to climb) and the organ music also stays the same volume as you get closer to him (which was one of the coolest parts of the game in my opinion). They fixed the timing on the switch you push to get the hammer, which was nice but far too easy. I went in expecting there to be a few things that I still couldn't get right on the first try and I was wrong. Anyways, I would recommend the N64 or game-cube version of the game before playing this one. Yes it's pretty, but I think it should have been more difficult. Expand
  10. Oct 10, 2011
    This game sucked i wasted my money for this game im not sure why people are getting so hyped up about it the graphics suck Nintendo don't even try anymore i was like half way through and i traded the game in at eb games for resident evil which was awesome
  11. Sep 4, 2011
    The game was very fun to play, though the 3d was not quite as good as expected, with any other title i would have given it a 10, but the moment you call something 'zelda', the standards of a hardcore zelda fan like myself go up about 3x higher. great game on its own but not comparable in greatness to the original ocarina of time, i give it a 7 for not keeping up with the original,The game was very fun to play, though the 3d was not quite as good as expected, with any other title i would have given it a 10, but the moment you call something 'zelda', the standards of a hardcore zelda fan like myself go up about 3x higher. great game on its own but not comparable in greatness to the original ocarina of time, i give it a 7 for not keeping up with the original, otherwise it would be 10 Expand
  12. Jul 21, 2011
    I had reached Jabu Jabu's Belly like 2 years ago and it was so awful I quit there and decided to invest my time in something more fun. I recently got it on 3DS and did beat it (what with there barely being any games out on the system yet). The game got better once Link grew up, but there were numerous frustrations along the way that clearly showed that this game is nowhere near "best gameI had reached Jabu Jabu's Belly like 2 years ago and it was so awful I quit there and decided to invest my time in something more fun. I recently got it on 3DS and did beat it (what with there barely being any games out on the system yet). The game got better once Link grew up, but there were numerous frustrations along the way that clearly showed that this game is nowhere near "best game ever" material. I can't list all flaws, let's just mention lack of jump button, Navi's worthless "hints", the Dark Link battle which, instead of being super epic, was a button mash fest, the game's hard-on for gimmick battles, even in the LAST boss fight. Story was expectedly a total joke. Music was alright, so were visuals. It wasn't all bad. I liked the level design, puzzles and weapon diversity. But let's be honest here: it's a good game, but nowhere even remotely close to the best games in history. Expand
  13. Feb 20, 2012
    This is got to be the second best game ever, next to skyward sword. It is one of the 11 games that can actually get a ten in my book. It tells an amazing story, with amazing gameplay, mind-boggling puzzles, beautiful graphics, beautiful music, and awesome action. If you haven't played this game, you should definitely. Even if you end up hating it, you can say you've beten and amazing gameThis is got to be the second best game ever, next to skyward sword. It is one of the 11 games that can actually get a ten in my book. It tells an amazing story, with amazing gameplay, mind-boggling puzzles, beautiful graphics, beautiful music, and awesome action. If you haven't played this game, you should definitely. Even if you end up hating it, you can say you've beten and amazing game with great diversity in gameplay throughout the entire adventure. Collapse

1. Dec 12, 2011
    For Zelda fanatics, this re-release of one of the best Zelda titles out there seems like it could be a cash grab – but the additions, especially the great use of the 3DS graphical prowess and the 3D itself make it a must purchase for all gamers, new and old.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, that wonderful soundtrack, the enthralling story and that damn annoying fairy, the 3DS version has it all and is easily the best port to ever be made of the legend.
  3. Oct 19, 2011
    One of the most definite games from the 90's is back better than ever. The new visuals brighten the epic adventure well, and the Master Quest is a nice add. All in all Ocarina of Time is a true classic belonging in every 3DS owner's shelf. [Aug 2011]