SoulCalibur Dreamcast
  • Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Sep 8, 1999
8.8

1. Jan 24, 2011
    This has to be one of the best fighting games of all times. At least in the top 5, easily. It was the main reason I got myself a Dreamcast, even though I was "waiting" for the PS2. Great game that you can never forget.
  2. Apr 23, 2011
    The first real 3-D fighting game -- Soulcalibur is one of the most valuable titles on the DC. Pros: Beautiful graphics; great audio; variety of characters, weapons, and level designs; near-perfect controls. Cons: It's on the Dreamcast, one of the most forgotten video game consoles.
  3. Mar 29, 2012
    Absolutely perfect. Outstanding graphics, addictive gameplay, awesome rewards, magnificent storylines. This game is the true standard of a masterpiece. Period.
  4. Jun 22, 2011
    The best fighting game on the DC and one of the best fighting games to date. Pros: It practically invented 3-D fighting movement in fighting games; stunning graphics; lovable characters; striking combos. Cons: Easy; annoying soundtrack.
  5. Dec 23, 2011
    It is one of my favorite fighting games of all time. Who doesn't love this game? It had incredible graphics back in 1999. you gotta love the fluidity moves and attacks of each character. the mission is battle is awesome that you can play various minigames like tournaments, fighting lizard men, training with edgemaster, poison modes, etc. the soundtrack makes this game more epic and has great atmosphere. this game is never wounded and its soul never burns in my book. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    Quite simply the best fighting game ever made. Extremely well-balanced, fast-paced with great visuals and a diverse range of characters. Addictive gameplay.
  7. May 24, 2013
    Although the series took a little dive in recent releases, we all know how great it made it's stay. The graphics at the time we're amazing, the gameplay is better then some games today, and this is the golden era of fighting games, along with Battle Arena Toshinden, which is an underrated rival.

I guarantee you'll be amazed at how phenomenal this game looks, and you won't be able to put it down.
  2. It blows away every 3D fighting game I've ever played (even "Virtua Fighter 3," and by a much bigger margin than I expected!), so go buy it when you get your Dreamcast, or feel like a total fool when it's sold out the next day.
    This is - or was - bleeding edge technology; the 'Sole Calibre' of Dreamcast's Distinction, and it shall remain so... until Namco's elite inevitably trump themselves.