• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Feb 16, 2010
8.4

1. Apr 16, 2014
    A bit annoying to play sometimes because of the 3rd person perspective slowing things down instead of just touching things with the pointer, but apart from that, maybe, probably, the best AA game in terms of gameplay. More complex than the last ones, more interesting than the last ones, more fun to play around than the last ones, it's probably the best in terms of gameplay and I had a tonA bit annoying to play sometimes because of the 3rd person perspective slowing things down instead of just touching things with the pointer, but apart from that, maybe, probably, the best AA game in terms of gameplay. More complex than the last ones, more interesting than the last ones, more fun to play around than the last ones, it's probably the best in terms of gameplay and I had a ton of fun with all of it.

Characters aren't quite as good though. The foes are great for most of them, the Final Battle(yes it's still over-the-top) with the Ambassador is just so much fun at every step of the way, Kay Faraday's a great sidekick...but the rest is just kinda less good. Edgeworth isn't really himself and his cold, All-must-be-in-order character has been nerfed to become a bit more sociable a guy...and I think it doesn't suit him too much. He also doesn't seem to be out for Justice as much as he seems to be out to get rid of people who personally annoy or offend him, which is not as fulfilling. Gumshoe and several "rival" characters like that Chinese Wolfman just sound about as uninteresting as it gets. Their comic relief dies quickly and I can say the same about a lot of people in this game.

Actually, this is the real problem of AAI Miles Edgeworth: the Comic Relief. IT. IS. EVERYWHERE!
    My guess is that they saw Edgeworth as too cold and rough-cutting as a protagonist, so they nerfed him into a nicer, more sociable guy, instead of his hardass tsundere character from earlier games, and they also added waaay too much comic relief to make up for Edgeworth being Edgeworth. The result is an overkill of comedy that doesn't fall as well as it did in the last games and just isn't fun...along with Edgeworth not being the amazing character he used to be.

To sum my memories of it up, I'd say the gameplay was fun and mostly intuitive and its cases, all tied together(which is usually not too good a thing) , were mostly enjoyable, but it suffers from a pretty misplaced attempt at making Edgeworth a character everyone can like. Edgeworth was always the hardass who didn't like anybody and didn't want to be liked because he was out for justice and punishment as the top prosecutor of his court. And here, well, not so much.

Still a great AA game that's worth trying.
  2. Dec 31, 2012
    It's...not a bad game...it actually is very good in some parts, but if we have to compare it to other of the series, then this one completely disappears and will be forgotten in a matter of minutes. It's also the only game that I didn't replay twice, for how much it was boring and unpleasent. Ok, first of all, this game introduced some new things: you'll finally control the character,It's...not a bad game...it actually is very good in some parts, but if we have to compare it to other of the series, then this one completely disappears and will be forgotten in a matter of minutes. It's also the only game that I didn't replay twice, for how much it was boring and unpleasent. Ok, first of all, this game introduced some new things: you'll finally control the character, Miles Edgeworth (the first rival of Phoenix Wright), from a third person perspective, instead of a first person view, and it looks more as a point and click game than a "visual novel" adventure game. As I mentioned, the main character is changed again, and with the exception of few old characters (Ema from AT, Maggey from JFA, for example), everyone else are all new...but here's a big problem: the new characters are very bland and extremely forgettable! I still remember the characters from the first games because of their unique behaviours, while here just seem boring and unoriginal (the only one I remember, is Cammy Melee...but because she's always asleep). Even your rival is uninspired and will look more of a nuisance than a real threat, and Miles Edgeworth is totally out of character, because he acts like a superior being...BUT we saw him acting very kindly and actually caring about others in T&T, without mentioning that he's not evil, just doing his job in the wrong way...apparently in here he cares for nothing, and you'll get tired of him extremely quick, which is sad after the events of T&T. The new helper is decent, but maybe steals the spot too many times than the previous helpers. Characters aside, the new interface also is rather limited, in all meanings possible, because you will be able to move around the area as you please...but only a determined area, until you discover enough clues, and after you'll eventually use the "logic" system, in which you will solve cases by linking "possible actions" with a certain clue, in order to recreate the scene of the crime. It's actually a nice idea, but it's badly implemented because it's totally, and I mean totally trial and error. YES, also the previous game were sometimes a trial and error game but the connections between the victims and the clues were far more logical than in this game. The good side is that the game is extremely long, with 5 cases and with the good thing of having all cases linked together (even more than the previous games). However, I found it very boring and, as a fan, it's not a decent sequel of the series. As a player, however, it's a good game and really worth the time and probably should give it a look, but for some others it might be not as good as the others. It's all up to you. Expand
  3. Feb 28, 2014
    A very good game that introduces some new elements like controlling your character directly (but in a very limited way) as well as a logic system where Miles connects the dots. I have to say I kinda liked the previous games a little better.
  4. Dec 23, 2013
    AAI:ME may play a bit differently than a typical AA game but don't worry because it still has a lot of the charm and great writing that the other games had. The game plays in the third person and let's you move around your character instead of jumping from area to area like in the other games and I honestly prefer this approach since you get to see and interact with more of the area aroundAAI:ME may play a bit differently than a typical AA game but don't worry because it still has a lot of the charm and great writing that the other games had. The game plays in the third person and let's you move around your character instead of jumping from area to area like in the other games and I honestly prefer this approach since you get to see and interact with more of the area around you unlike the other games where your restricted to a single view point in each area. Another new feature is Edgeworth's logic ability which I don't think is a good replacement for the psyche locks from past games since each time you have to use logic to figure something out its usually pretty obvious what the answer is. Besides that the game plays mostly like the other games, which didn't really bother me but I would have liked a couple more new features since this is a spin off game. The writing is still top notch and even though Edgeworth seems a bit out of character he's still a pretty memorable protagonist and having gumshoe around for most of the game is also pretty great too. The music sounds a bit different than the tracks from the other games but there still pretty great to listen to and the graphics are some of the best in the series. Expand
  5. Dec 21, 2010
    Too linear, predictable, and condescending compared to the previous games in the series but despite these shortcomings, it's still an entertaining Ace Attorney experience. Too bad it tried to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with.
  6. May 18, 2012
    I was hesitant to give this game such a high score, and hell it probably doesn't even deserve it, but I simply cannot stress this enough - this is THE best game in the entire ace attorney series, hands down. The best set of characters (Edgeworth!), arguably the best music, much more interactive than the others (actual point and click gameplay, Logic, etc.) and on top of that, funny andI was hesitant to give this game such a high score, and hell it probably doesn't even deserve it, but I simply cannot stress this enough - this is THE best game in the entire ace attorney series, hands down. The best set of characters (Edgeworth!), arguably the best music, much more interactive than the others (actual point and click gameplay, Logic, etc.) and on top of that, funny and witty as hell (not going to give examples to keep this spoiler-free). Cons? Well, the last case drags like hell, but that's about it. Must buy for any DS owner. Expand
  7. May 8, 2013
    Very different from other games in the series. But it is still a great game. The soundtrack is amazing, The graphics are great, the games story is very good. And the investigating is actually great fun. Don't treat it like your normal Ace Attorney game. There is a big difference between the two types of gameplay
  8. Jul 22, 2013
    Demasiado lineal y predecible. Son mucho mejor los otro juegos de la saga. El argumento es bastante predecible, los personajes no son muy carismáticos, aunque lo de investigar no está mal.
  9. Jul 24, 2014
    Probably the most underrated game in the series. When you think about it from a gameplay perspective, it's not that different from the main games. You switch between investigation and argument a few times in each chapter .The difference is how the investigation is conducted, and you have rebbutals instead of testimonies, which practically function the same. In previous titles, you arguedProbably the most underrated game in the series. When you think about it from a gameplay perspective, it's not that different from the main games. You switch between investigation and argument a few times in each chapter .The difference is how the investigation is conducted, and you have rebbutals instead of testimonies, which practically function the same. In previous titles, you argued in court to find the truth. In this game, you argue on the crime scene to prove the truth. It seens like it should be the other way around. The absence of finding the truth in arguments makes them less memorable.

Now to cover the investigations. They are very different, as you stay on the same property the entire time instead of going back in forth between the crime scene and the detention center. Because te areas are united, You walk around the areas. This opens up a lot more places to instigate. In all, the new investigations were a blast for me. I wished they'd've kept this style in future installments. Playing though edgeworth's shoes, a character who you've gotten to know well in previous titles is a pleasant suprise. All the cases were connected, which j found really interesting, as you got one step closer to the yatagarasu and smuggling ring leader's identity. The new characters, specifically Lang and Kay, are really well developed and likeable.

tl;dr, this is a great twist on the ace attorney formula that all fans should enjoy.
  10. Jun 11, 2014
    This game is just as great as the other ones, and it actually makes investigating a lot more fun than in the previous games. It brings a lot of new stuff to the table, and I liked almost every one of them. The new "Logic" mechanic is fun, the confrontations get more epic than ever before, and the soundtrack has a lot of amazing songs to offer. I totally recommend this.
  11. Apr 8, 2015
    Steeldude
    Apr 8, 2015
    8 Miles Edgeworth is my favorite AA character and here we go, he shines in his own spin-off title! Or does he? For the most part, he does. The game is largely similar to the usual Ace Attorney formula, it is a visual novel that focuses on murder cases and investigations. In this game, you actually (for the first time) get to investigate crime scenes as a whole
    Steeldude
    Apr 8, 2015

For the most part, he does. The game is largely similar to the usual Ace Attorney formula, it is a visual novel that focuses on murder cases and investigations. In this game, you actually (for the first time) get to investigate crime scenes as a whole by walking around as Miles (thus finally seeing full character sprites) and check different things. While the cases in particular (of which there are 5) are not THAT entertaining on their own, I like the fact that they are all interconnected and finally make sense at the end of the whole game.
    Unfortunately, the trial segments are replaced by simple conversations with accused people, so even though the Pursuit music is awesome in this game, the overall thrill is just not there. Miles also has his own ability, Logic, which is not as interesting as magatama or Apollo's bracelet, as Logic basically only consists of connecting statements that go together, but it's still a new element, even though not a particularly exciting one.

Overall, I found this game better than both JfA and AJ. The obligatory female side kick character (Kay) is my favorite one so far and you'll get to meet a lot of familiar characters from previous games, making this game not as big of a spin-off as you might think. No Phoenix or Maya this time around, but surprisingly, unlike Apollo, Miles is capable of standing on his own. A decent game with a decent story, good game play (for an AA title), okay new characters and great music (actually, the best music so far).

1. I enjoyed my time with Edgeworth, but it's the weakest entry in the series. [Issue#203, p.95]
  2. Edgeworth is always good company, but what this spin-off fixes in execution, it loses in melodrama. Still, nice to have the gang back. [Feb 2010, p.58]
  3. Gently tweaks the mechanics and upholds the writing smarts. Needs more menace, though. [Mar 2010, p.77]