7.3

1. J.K.
    Aug 15, 2009
    Aquia (or Aquite as it is called in the EU zone) is in fact three games in one (albeit utilizing the same core mechanics); each requires a different approach and strategies.
    The difficulty curve is uneven; some levels are mind-numbingly hard while some are simply a pleasure swim. The later levels are, however, consequently hard and require both fast thinking and lighting reflexes.
    There
    There is little connection between the mechanics and theme, but the game is good and immersive enough it's hard to notice.
    One of the most fantastic elements of the game is the quirky and unique music that accompanies the gameplay; it changes from level to level and, with music-like sound effects, creates a different feel every time. Try playing it with headphones on; it's worth it.
    A very nice title that I still return to.
  2. NathanW
    May 11, 2009
    A great game once you understand what to do, but the difficulty can become challenging quickly.
  3. Jul 22, 2013
    A serviceable puzzle game with a unique presentation, AQUIA is a decent entry in the DSiWare Art Style series. I found it to be a bit confusing at first, but once I got the hang of it managed to perform capably. However, it's worth noting I did have some success by simply randomly pushing pieces around when the screen was close to becoming fully dark; not enough to advance very far, butA serviceable puzzle game with a unique presentation, AQUIA is a decent entry in the DSiWare Art Style series. I found it to be a bit confusing at first, but once I got the hang of it managed to perform capably. However, it's worth noting I did have some success by simply randomly pushing pieces around when the screen was close to becoming fully dark; not enough to advance very far, but worth mentioning nonetheless. Expand

#57 Most Discussed DS Game of 2009

You get a great, deceptively deep concept, and can boot this one up anytime you want to. It may not hold you for hours on end, but for quick spurts of puzzle gaming Aquia is an impressive DSi launch title, and my personal favorite in the launch bunch.
  2. Featuring elegant design, polished graphics, and pick-up-and-play addictiveness; the Art Style series is a perfect-fit for DSiWare. The game's rather traditional concept, mixed in with a unique twist, creates one of the most fresh and enjoyable puzzles on any handheld. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed with Art Style: AQUITE.
    If you have some Nintendo points burning a hole in your wallet, this wouldn't be a complete waste of $5, but other DSi games offer a greater value. When it's all said and done, the most Art Style: Aquia has an interesting title and not much else.