8.1

1. AlexR
    Aug 30, 2008
    Treasure has done it again; they've managed to incorporate their love for 2D arcade influenced work to mesh with their previously established quirkiness of the Bangai-O series. The game is hard, but like those great arcade hits of the past, you want to keep shoving quarters down its throat. If you've played the previous titles, you may or may not appreciate the return of the Treasure has done it again; they've managed to incorporate their love for 2D arcade influenced work to mesh with their previously established quirkiness of the Bangai-O series. The game is hard, but like those great arcade hits of the past, you want to keep shoving quarters down its throat. If you've played the previous titles, you may or may not appreciate the return of the slowdown due to the surplus of missiles and bullets on-screen. For me, this is what the title's all about; the level of awesomeness represented by the amount of items on-screen completely overwhelms the platform. The game is most likely in limited release, as I picked the only copy in my city. If you're a hardcore arcade fan, Treasure fanatic, or looking for a worthy challenge, I recommend this title. As just said, ONLY if you're ready to get you're ass kicked and get laughed at. (The game actually laughs at you every time you die) Expand
  2. uwepoll
    Aug 30, 2008
    I didn't feel the love for this game at first, but it has ended up becoming my favourite on the DS. It is the most spectacular, action-packed game I've played in years, and with the easy-to-use level editor there is potential for endless replayability. Treasure did an excellent job designing a variety of imaginative levels, but some of the user-created levels out there are even I didn't feel the love for this game at first, but it has ended up becoming my favourite on the DS. It is the most spectacular, action-packed game I've played in years, and with the easy-to-use level editor there is potential for endless replayability. Treasure did an excellent job designing a variety of imaginative levels, but some of the user-created levels out there are even better. This is a superb game whichever way you put it, one of the only titles I'd call a must for any DS owner who's not into Nintendogs and the like. Expand
  3. RikiX
    Aug 13, 2008
    An amazing sequel to one of the N64 and Dreamcast's most underrated games. If you're into hardcore shooters or games from Treasure, this is for you.
  4. JamieA
    Nov 16, 2008
    Hopefully you have played one of the earlier Bangai-O titles as the difficulty is very high from the start, is a rewarding game with much fun to be found. Is bound to give you an adrenaline rush every time playing. If anything lets this game down it would be the DS's D-pad, it's up to you to get used to it..
  5. RyanK
    Nov 15, 2008
    No annoying, pointless cutscenes or loading times, lots of missiles and challenge, all other games have become obsolete since I started playing Bangai. Only problem is that Sound Load doesn't really work
  6. Ohmi
    Jul 10, 2008
    This is a great re-interpretation of Bangai-O! Treasure does it again!
  7. KyleB
    Aug 19, 2008
    I wanted to like it but found myself giving up shortly after I started playing. This game definitely for a more hard core crowd. I honestly consider myself a hard core gamer and this wasn't even my cup of tea. Also the game has 17 tutorials! 17!
  8. StevenH
    Apr 17, 2009
    It might be good if the controls actually worked. Even they did, they make no sense. Waste of money and time.

1. While certainly being Treasure's most fragmented game, there’s a sense that the lack of narrative, character and even proper framework makes this its most raw, pure and delightful. [June 2008, p.95]
  2. A daring and ambitious shmup, reminding us of our reasons for falling in love with the genre in the first place. [Issue#22, p.70]
    It's a gamers' game to be truly savoured - here to show anyone who forgot or missed it the first time, just how ridiculously good it is at what it does.