• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Also On: PC
6.7

1. RickM.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Very nice chess package for DS. But I am appalled that any developer would release a chess game on the DS that cannot play online! How absurd!! Clubhouse Games for the DS outranks Chessmaster DS on this point as it allows you to not only play online chess, but a ton of other games! Ubisoft, you should hang your head in shame!!!!
  2. TygerK.
    Nov 9, 2007
    I have seen better from Ubisoft, the learning is in form of puzzles and games, which is not readily apparent. Unfortunately,some sites, as well as promotional developers mix the DS ads with the ads for the 360 or the WII, which gives one many false impressions. This is done in am attempt to save writing time, but does damage to the devoted buyers opinions. The graphics are plain, and I have seen better from Ubisoft, the learning is in form of puzzles and games, which is not readily apparent. Unfortunately,some sites, as well as promotional developers mix the DS ads with the ads for the 360 or the WII, which gives one many false impressions. This is done in am attempt to save writing time, but does damage to the devoted buyers opinions. The graphics are plain, and generic. But i have to agree with JT, although I gave it a higher score. Better Luck next time Ubsift, I'll stilll try again, your last Xbox version was great. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

A great Chess game for those who want to learn Chess or for those who have been playing for years.
    With one exception, this is about as good a handheld chess collection as any DS owner could hope for.
  3. The presentation sucks, but games are ultimately about something more than that. They’re about the entertainment value, and if you’re a fan of chess or don’t yet know how to play, Chessmaster is great game to have on your DS.