8.4

1. PatrickC
    Jul 21, 2008
    Great variety of games, good bargain. There are some downsides, though. For one thing, there are a lot of kids' card games, which we adults probably won't play much. For another thing, the game is pretty weak overall for single-player use. The AI is a pushover in games like chess and checkers, and not much better in backgammon; don't expect much of a challenge. There's Great variety of games, good bargain. There are some downsides, though. For one thing, there are a lot of kids' card games, which we adults probably won't play much. For another thing, the game is pretty weak overall for single-player use. The AI is a pushover in games like chess and checkers, and not much better in backgammon; don't expect much of a challenge. There's also a fault in the checkers rules. In standard checkers, you can't king a man and jump off the king row in the same move; but in this DS version, you're forced to make that illegal jump. Nice interface, decent music, and some of the best games in the world, but the weak AI is pretty much a deal-breaker for me. Expand
  2. BobR.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Beware! There is no single DS multiplayer. That means you can't pass the DS around your friends taking turns. You have to have multiple DS's in order to play multiplayer. It makes no sense that this simple feature has been exculded from the game. For this reason alone I gave the game a 5. It could have easily recieved a 9 if single DS multiplayer had been included.
  3. Nov 27, 2013
    The AI for some of the games is terrible. In Contract Bridge (on Hard), my partner will win with an Ace even though a 7 would have won it. In Spades (on Hard), if I bid Nil my partner will still lead low. I do like the game and play it a fair bit, however the AI makes the partnership games painful sometimes.

The number of options given for rules variants is fantastic.

1. If ever there was a game to get gamers and non-gamers playing together, this is it. Addictive gameplay, online play and more vareity than Noah's Ark make this a surprising must-have title. [Nov 2006, p.84]
  2. If you plan on playing with your friends, it's indespensible; if you'll be going at it alone, there's a fair amount to do but you may lose patience with the scoring and lack of single-player variety. [Nov. 2006, p.87]
    There's a little something here for everyone; for every game that you couldn't care less about, there are two or three games that'll suck your attention for days and days.