Dementium: The Ward DS

7.9

1. Dec 14, 2016
    This is my second reivew on this game, and I've played over 12 hours of this game, playing it over and over. At the start it is amazing, creepy and gory, but then it starts to get a bit repetitive.

For start, the game looks amazing. It's like Doom 3 meets Silent Hill, and for a DS, this looks amazing. Gameplay is fun, well for a little bit, but then it become a little boring. Bosses on the other hand, are just way too easy, if you know what you are doing. The enemies are hard to kill at the start, but then it becomes too easy, so they put the same monster, with more health and make it look green.

Saving system is bad. It saves every single time you go into a room, and if you die, you have to restart the whole chapter again, which is frustrating.

Story is weak as water, at first, it was interesting, but then the twists happen when you keep on going into the game, but the twists are almost the same exact thing. Your wife died, and it repeats that all the time, but the ending twist was actually good.

Over and out, it's a great game for the DS, but it looses it's welcome after a while, with zero replay value.
  2. Oct 28, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played, on any system or console to be honest. The graphics are great, especially for the ds, the story and game-play are fantastic, really, there is nothing bad about this game that i can think of. At some points it is scary as hell. I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of video games.
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    Really frustrating and hard to get into. The comparison to Doom 3 and Silent Hill is based only upon the fact that it appears that way. Really it's nowhere near as good as either one of those games and, despite a few frustrating moments, I was able to beat it in a matter of an hour or two. The storyline is mediocre and lacks any real interesting features, and the monsters look laughable (IReally frustrating and hard to get into. The comparison to Doom 3 and Silent Hill is based only upon the fact that it appears that way. Really it's nowhere near as good as either one of those games and, despite a few frustrating moments, I was able to beat it in a matter of an hour or two. The storyline is mediocre and lacks any real interesting features, and the monsters look laughable (I know the graphics aren't the best, but at the very least they could've spend more time on character design). This game really isn't worth it. For some there may be something to enjoy, but for me it was an annoying bore. Expand
  4. GioD
    Feb 29, 2008
    We need more game like this on the DS. Dementium is a FANTASTIC debut game from new publisher Gamecock, and new developer Renegade Kid. To sum up the story of the game, your trapped in a very derelict and bloodstained hospital but you have no idea how you got there, why you are there, and no memory of who you are/were. Ofcourse there are all sorts of mostrosities in the hospital all We need more game like this on the DS. Dementium is a FANTASTIC debut game from new publisher Gamecock, and new developer Renegade Kid. To sum up the story of the game, your trapped in a very derelict and bloodstained hospital but you have no idea how you got there, why you are there, and no memory of who you are/were. Ofcourse there are all sorts of mostrosities in the hospital all iching to kill you while you explore and look for answers. I really can't stress this enough but Renegade Kid did a superb job here. Screenshots DO NOT do this game justice. It looks and runs beautifully while you play, without dropping any framerate or slowdown when multiple enemies are on screen. Music is very tense, atmosphere is very dark and disturbing, graphics are some of the best that i've seen on the DS, and the controls (this being first person) are very easy to learn and get accustomed to. If you crave for something that is truly different from the norm on the DS, due yourself the huge favor and pick up Dementium. A terriffic survival horror game. Expand
  5. DJT
    Dec 15, 2007
    At first it was okay. But then after the first chapter, the lock and key mechanics really started to take away from the overal atmoshere. You found yourself cursing why you can't climb over a simple desk to get to a part on the map rather than scared because some shrieking worm is coming after you thru the vents.
  6. SheilaC.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Hard on the hands and has save game issues.
  7. Wil
    Nov 5, 2007
    I asked myself how the hell did I managed to wet my pants looking at a 2.5 inch screen. Laughing? You try it at mid-night and see! A master-piece.
  8. Robert
    Nov 2, 2007
    This game is truly scary, great sounds add to the creepiness. The use of the stylus here is second only to a pc, controls are very good. It looks really good for the ds as well. Good storyline, it's both horror and thriller, good plot twists. A GREAT entry in the horror genre.
  9. AdrianM.
    Oct 29, 2007
    This game is really good and scary, but you have to play it at night with all the lights off and hooked up to your surround system to scare the heck out of out. Honestly, under these conditions, I don't think I've played a scarier game than this one. So if you're a fan of horror games and own a DS, then this is the game for you. I loved it. 9/10.
  10. AnthonyZ.
    Oct 29, 2007
    It's actually a pretty good game... It's got good atmosphere, good gameplay... The only thing it's lacking is variation.

#27 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007
#11 Most Shared DS Game of 2007

1. Edge Magazine
    There are nice touches – cockroaches that scatter under your flashlight, the occasional puzzle, effective cutscenes – but there is little that you won’t have found implemented in a vastly more satisfactory form elsewhere. [May 2008, p.99]
  2. n-Revolution Magazine UK
    Combat can get a bit repetitive, but the spooky atmosphere is spot on. [Issue#23, p.79]
  3. A decent suspense-filled horror game that looks good for the DS but would probably be more at home on a console. [July 2008, p.98]