Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard DS

• Release Date: Jun 13, 2008
8.9

1. [anonymous]
    Jun 20, 2008
    All of you gamers raised on games like Halo and Lego Star Wars, don't even try this one. But if you have been looking for a real challenge, you must buy this.
  2. SteveM
    Aug 24, 2008
    Ten, ten, ten, ten. One of the best RPG's I have ever played in my life, and I'm 30 years old. Those afraid of a challenge or who have little patience, move on ahead, this ain't for you.
  3. Tomd
    Aug 30, 2008
    Amazing, this is the only game I have played since I got it. I have tons of console games to play but this game is deep and simple and super challenging. Great!
  4. Sep 1, 2011
    An absolute beauty of a game... This is hardcore RPG dungeon crawling at its best! Also, a BIG improvement on the original!
    Only possible let down (not a big one, though) is that in this installment the F.O.E.s (not the big bosses, but the mini-bosses) don't give your characters any experience points, so there is no motivation to kill more than a couple of each kind to get the special item drops... Also, I did like the character art better on the first one, especially the non-playable character portraits. But, overall, it is better than the original!
    Warning: this type of games are an acquired taste... Platformer and FPS gamers need not apply! (Unless you want to try something REALLY different.)

#46 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    Etrian Odyssey 2 isn't very ambitious, but it's still plenty of fun. [July 2008, p.88]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    This sequel feels like the original game on expert mode - and that's a good thing. [July 2008, p.81]
    Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard is everything you loved about the original, except even better.