Glory of Heracles DS

7.4

1. ChrisS
    Jan 25, 2010
    This game is a JRPG as far as gameplay is concerned. Nothing more or less, really. Turn based random battles staring a silent protagonist, though his hair is surprisingly smooth and non-spiky. In a lot of ways, again based on the gameplay, it reminds me a lot of Dragon Quest 5 on the DS, from the style of battles to the camera controls (which are in the towns only). I personally enjoy This game is a JRPG as far as gameplay is concerned. Nothing more or less, really. Turn based random battles staring a silent protagonist, though his hair is surprisingly smooth and non-spiky. In a lot of ways, again based on the gameplay, it reminds me a lot of Dragon Quest 5 on the DS, from the style of battles to the camera controls (which are in the towns only). I personally enjoy this style of gameplay, and so though I've seen it before, I don't mind seeing it again. If you hate turn-based random battle, you will not like the gameplay, but if you do, you will love this game. So why give something with unoriginal gameplayl an 8? The artistic details make this game. The graphics are great, with some of the best looking sprites I've seen in a while. The writing is top notch, something most JRPGs could learn from. In particular, I enjoy the fact that the characters are likable, not surly or crotchety. I actually care about the characters, and enjoy their interactions, even the simplest ones. Overall, the winning story beats out the derivativeness of the gameplay, even if the game play itself is, in my opinion, a blast. Expand
  2. Jan 31, 2011
    It's one of my favourite JRPGs on DS - great story, interesting characters, beautiful (although a bit repetitive) music. Battles are amazing! I'd like to see a sequel. Too bad the game isn't "too" popular.
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    Another good JRPG for the Nintendo DS. With a rich history based on Greek mythology and interesting gameplay turn-based random battle, the game is more good than the critics has have said but presents no change expected.
  4. Oct 9, 2016
    Very good game.
    The art and movement of chars and enemies are very elaborated.
    The combat system works well and is really deep, but don't is needed dive in it. you can play simple too and works.
    The plot is well build and the use of the mythology let it ever better.

#26 Most Discussed DS Game of 2010
#27 Most Shared DS Game of 2010

1. Nintendo Power
    Though Glory of Heracles may not be revolutionary, however, it's still ultimately solid fun. [Feb 2010, p.90]
  2. It's nice to see Nintendo take a chance on a franchise that's untested overseas, but Glory of Heracles doesn't leave a good first impression. It's simply too linear and devoid of the frills we've come to expect from an RPG. With better options on the market, simply being average doesn't come close to the Herculean effort the series needs.
  3. If you're into classic RPGs and/or don't mind stepping back into some randomized battles, the game is well worth the price of $29.99. Otherwise, look for a more modern RPG.