Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja DS

• Release Date: Feb 20, 2007
7.8

1. M
    Dec 2, 2008
    What's the point in having randomly generated dungeons when you have such shallow combat and have the levels looking all the same? It hardly affects the experience, I think it would have been better if they just made a single design for every dungeon that actually looked good. Putting talismans on your weapons was pretty cool but I think it would've been a lot better if the game What's the point in having randomly generated dungeons when you have such shallow combat and have the levels looking all the same? It hardly affects the experience, I think it would have been better if they just made a single design for every dungeon that actually looked good. Putting talismans on your weapons was pretty cool but I think it would've been a lot better if the game was more lenient with them letting you easily put a couple on your sword without grinding, reminds me WoW. The game is only good for it's characters and simple story but the game isn't really big on that either. Expand

#43 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007

1. Play Magazine
    Izuna, like all Rogue style dungeon crawlers, takes patience, dedication, and the type of gamer who is a glutton for punishment. [Jan. 2007, p.83]
  2. Nintendo Power
    You'll be thrown into the deep end right at the start, and will probably have to play each dungeon over and over again to master it. [Mar. 2007, p.88]
  3. Izuna is one rough quest, and the old-school gameplay and unforgiving difficulty are a stark contrast to the story’s lighthearted tone. However, if you’re looking for a good story and one tough cookie, then this one is for you.