9.0

1. Oct 24, 2011
    This game is by no means a perfect game, but it's not nearly as bad as what most of the critics say. The first thing worth noting is that this game is nothing like the Lego games that have come out earlier (Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, etc.). Where those games were more on arcade style action, this one is real time strategy, a game genre that is usually only available onThis game is by no means a perfect game, but it's not nearly as bad as what most of the critics say. The first thing worth noting is that this game is nothing like the Lego games that have come out earlier (Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, etc.). Where those games were more on arcade style action, this one is real time strategy, a game genre that is usually only available on computers. This, however, came out on the Nintendo DS. Surprisingly, for a genre that's more popular on computers, they actually did a pretty decent job. Of course, this game would be so much better on a Windows, but this strategy game is still pretty good on the DS. This game may be different then Warcraft, but it still has a few tricks up its sleeve. It has a lot of funny cutscenes, great gameplay moments, and fun campaigns. However, the gameplay, while it's fun, does have its faults. As I said earlier, the campaigns are enjoyable, but the instant action battles leave a lot to be desired. They can be very short, and often times boring. The campaigns more then make up for this however. The graphics could be better, but I still like them anyway. The pixelized graphics are alright, but they do lack detail. I think that this game is totally underrated. Expand
  2. Jan 22, 2015
    And yet another game about both lego and randomness at its random...-est i guess.
    But like my review on lego island 2: the f*ckster's revenge, this game is pretty good. Well, for the DS at least.

I mean the Nintendo DS was very successful but in my opinion all 3D games on it looked/played like complete **** I mean, take a look at a comparison between Lego Star wars: the clone wars, it looked gorgeous on the Wii and the Ps3 but on the DS? COMPLETE SHI-BLARGHALGHRALGHUGLAHR- i can't stress enough.

Regerding the game, it's like a god game with really pixellated graphics which actually looks better than you think. Trust me this game is even more obscure than Patapon, a game which not even the smallest groups of people recognize, well. Maybe except me... i don't even know anymore.

But for real though, the soundtrack is kind of bitcrushed which is one of my most favourite song types, the graphics are mostly like the snes's graphics, it's mostly blend of many pixel games to say the least.

Gameplaywise. You place buildings, you get cash, you get units, push objectives, you win.
    It's a Mc-Basic, really.

Here is the most fun part of the entire review, trust me. Writing certain reviews on the wrong day can end in the this-is-not-interesting-at-all cathergory.

Pros:

Cons:

I am suprised... really.... there is nothing wrong with this game except the minor things, but those keep bugging each other with the good minor thing about this game.
    Which then means that this game was made with the right mind in charge.... i don't know what joke to choose so i'll just simply say.... "a random crackhead"

This game gets the score: "meh, but still good"

1. And the most basic element of LEGOs - building things from blocks - is entirely absent. [July 2009, p.86]
  2. LEGO Battles won’t offer the slightest challenge to an avid RTS fan. But overall I can’t complain too much. I had fun, got in a few laughs, and kept coming back for more. Sometimes that’s enough.
  3. LEGO Battles certainly drops the baton on a couple of essential basics, but its light-hearted tone, unit variety, hidden trinkets, and sheer volume of maps keep it a good value for dedicated fans of this angular toy world.