7.8

1. reedf
    Jun 11, 2008
    Absolutely great. The "lite" gameplay is perfect for me and my son as we battle through the game together. He's 9 years old, Japanese, playing the English language version of the game after we watched the English language films back to back earlier this year in preparation for the new film. A very fun, very cute and lovingly recreated LEGO game that is great for me and my kidAbsolutely great. The "lite" gameplay is perfect for me and my son as we battle through the game together. He's 9 years old, Japanese, playing the English language version of the game after we watched the English language films back to back earlier this year in preparation for the new film. A very fun, very cute and lovingly recreated LEGO game that is great for me and my kid together, or me alone, or him alone, and I haven't found any other game that hits all three notes. Collapse

#76 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008
#73 Most Shared DS Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    Granted, it has the same basic, easy-to-pick-up-and-play gameplay, but it also has some neat DS-exclusive features(touch-screen minigames, for example)that make it stand out. [July 2008, p.90]
    The game takes ample advantage of the DS' touch screen for some of the characters' unique skills, but fortunately it doesn't force you to use them.
    I’m afraid that if the LEGO franchise continues in this direction the novelty will end up wearing thin (I’m looking at you, Batman), but for now it still feels somewhat fresh.