Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy DS

5.0

1. Nov 10, 2016
    When you buy this game, you expect good things. Right? WRONG!!! This game is full of bugs and glitches. One of my least favorite being one where you glitch of the map. Lightsaber Duel mechanics are all a big piece of crap. DO NOT PLAY.
  2. Jul 4, 2014
    Few games are as horrible as this game. The game is based of the godsend that is the console release of Lego Star Wars II, a puzzle action co-op game. This game, such as many ports, tries so hard to be as good as it's original format, but this is horrible. The game has been reversed into a puzzle game and takes away all action, although the action is there, it barely works do to thisFew games are as horrible as this game. The game is based of the godsend that is the console release of Lego Star Wars II, a puzzle action co-op game. This game, such as many ports, tries so hard to be as good as it's original format, but this is horrible. The game has been reversed into a puzzle game and takes away all action, although the action is there, it barely works do to this game's glitches. If you thought Sonic 06 was bad, this is your nightmare. It is so glitchy, you have to see it, as words can't describe it. The game features multiplayer, to this day I am CERTAIN that my friends and I are the only humans to test the battle mode in this game aside from the non existing game testers. The battle mode isn't entertaining in the least, it's just shooting each other in an arena with platforms. The only area where this game is fun, is in the cheats. You can enable cheats at ANY TIME, yes, during cutscenes too. This allows you to practically break the game, I have probably spent more time with cheats than I have spent playing the game. There are some other extras such as viewing a model of a spaceship while looking at a picture of the actual box of the product you are viewing in the top screen. It is neat, but it is a useless addition. Unless you are trying to find a worse game than Sonic 06 or E.T. , then stay away from this game at all costs. If you are a well known Youtuber or journalist, let the world know that we should not be destroying Shaq Fu, but rather Lego Star Wars II for DS, but not Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga for DS, because that one was awesome! Anyway, you get the point. Expand
  3. Jun 1, 2013
    Terrible. I like the other LEGO games, but they get repetitive too :S
    This game is really broken too. People actually LOVE this game, why? Anyway, this game is $h!7. So don't buy it or download it.
  4. Dec 7, 2012
    this game deserves less than half, 1-Glitches 2-What the heck? moments 3-You can get stuck in a stage (maybe more than one) 4-Free Play. only positive things- 3D environments, good story gameplay, Custom character creator. Overall, 3.5/10 (I feel generous today)
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    One of the original DS games that give you pure fun, especially when you're on cheat mode.
  6. JakeMurphy
    Jan 23, 2009
    A terrible game. A ton of glitches, couldn't understand what was happening in the clips at all. Plus it is impossible to get all the canasters seriously i've tried for a LONG TIME! The most percentige I have ever got was 97% and it gets boring after the first level, but the worst thing in that game is the sand box. It doesen't even make a little sence! and you can'tA terrible game. A ton of glitches, couldn't understand what was happening in the clips at all. Plus it is impossible to get all the canasters seriously i've tried for a LONG TIME! The most percentige I have ever got was 97% and it gets boring after the first level, but the worst thing in that game is the sand box. It doesen't even make a little sence! and you can't even do dagobah. Lastely that game can make you so mad, yet it can make you laugh so hard, because it's so messed up! Overall TERRIBLE! Expand
  7. JasonH.
    Apr 9, 2007
    I give a 5 just for the game that would of been a 10, i think thay owe it to us to sort the glitches out. Then we can send are copy of the game to them and thay send a new copy back, but with no glitches! sorry i must be dreaming.
  8. TomA.
    Mar 2, 2007
    Sure, this game may be fun for a bit but after a while you realize this is just a glitchy repetitive game thats practically impossible to complete. Oh yeah, the vehicle sections are AWFUL!
  9. GregL.
    Jan 16, 2007
    I have to echo the other comments regarding the total lack of quality control to let a game with this many glitches out for release. As I am sure, the manufacturer doesn't really care, they have our money and that's all that matters. I will definitely think twice before purchasing another product from this manufacturer.
  10. DanielW.
    Jan 7, 2007
    I very much enjoy playing this game, it is funny, enjoyable and very child friendly. Unfortunately, it IS very glitchy and the creators of the game have most certainly failed to reach the ds version of this game's full potential. This game, no lie, is literally impossible to complete. Once you finish all the chapters, there are some minikits that are not possible for you to retreive, I very much enjoy playing this game, it is funny, enjoyable and very child friendly. Unfortunately, it IS very glitchy and the creators of the game have most certainly failed to reach the ds version of this game's full potential. This game, no lie, is literally impossible to complete. Once you finish all the chapters, there are some minikits that are not possible for you to retreive, this can be irritating as this makes you unable to complete your collection of characters. One big dissapointment is the superkit completion bonus level, which is glitchy, boring, uncompletable and not worth the effort. I would have given this title a big fat juicy 10 if it weren't for these few problems and, despite the glitches, I would say this is a game worth playing. Expand
  11. DaveB.
    Nov 12, 2006
    Very fun when it isn't freezing up and needs to be reloaded. It was a huge waste of money, shocked all the gamer mags gave it such a good rating.
  12. Evan
    Nov 5, 2006
    This was a very fun game for the most part. The levels are a blast to play over and over again even when you have everything done. The character creator is fun especially when you unlock tons of characters. The vehicle levels were probably the least entertaining for me. I had lots of fun even though the glitches were frustrating, but it was just that much more satisfying when you finished This was a very fun game for the most part. The levels are a blast to play over and over again even when you have everything done. The character creator is fun especially when you unlock tons of characters. The vehicle levels were probably the least entertaining for me. I had lots of fun even though the glitches were frustrating, but it was just that much more satisfying when you finished the level. After achieving a completion percentage of 93 i found little left to be done, that wouldnt get screwed up by glitches. This game was loads of fun despite the glitches. When you dont compare it to the other versions, i feel it satisfies, but after playing the console and PSP versions, it is quite inferior. If it was re-released with no glitches, i would gice it a 10, and it would get my vote for the best DS game yet. Expand
  13. Sharkcage
    Oct 6, 2006
    People say that this game is bad because of the glitches, but I, being a buyer, have had fun with this game and intend to use it until I am twenty! So I give this game a ten and ask LucasArts how to complete the level with the Ewoks and Storm Troopers in it.
  14. JasonM.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Bugs, bugs and more bugs. Shocking.
  15. RobertD.
    Sep 25, 2006
    The DS version freezes and has glitches that make it impossible to end the game. If given the chance I would ask for my money back.
  16. SenenR.
    Sep 24, 2006
    Tho this game has numerous bugs and glitches, I keep playing it. When it works its Great! When the bugs kick in, it can be horrible.
  17. MariaH.
    Sep 23, 2006
    Great game on the Gamecube but the DS one is filled with glitches.
  18. ErICbE
    Sep 18, 2006
    The game is full of bugs and was shipped out before completed.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Its okay, though, I shouldve bought the PC version. Lego Star Wars 1 was the greatest kid-game ive ever played. And it shouldnt even BE a kiddy game. But this.. its just a big glitch in itsself. Mario 64 had better graphics.. well, I mean the DS version of it. The character customizer is great with the touchpad, but I recommend the PC or Xbox 360 version.
  20. SteveY.
    Sep 15, 2006
    This game was fun at first, but then I was disappointed that a lot of the hilarious cutscenes in the PS2 and Xbox versions are not in the DS verison of the game. Also, there were several times when characters would vanish from the camera or textures would not load.
  21. BillG.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Lego Star Wars rocks! This game is a blast!
  22. KrytenD.
    Sep 15, 2006
    The game is broken. It freezes, has flaws that make it impossible to progress, and has terrible pop-in and collision detection issues. Too bad. If those issues had been addressed BEFORE release, it could have been one of the must-buy DS games of the fall.
  23. GlenP.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Unplayable. I returned it the next day. The camera control is terrible, and makes navigation quite difficult. The graphics are unimpressive, and display aliasing and clipping artifacts. Princess Leia turns invisible when walking through one passage of the first scene.
  24. JamesT.
    Sep 11, 2006
    Very fun game and good graphics for the the DS

#8 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006

If you think you can weather the barrage of glitches and occasionally having to quit and restart stages, then you'll probably have some fun with LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. Of course, by buying it, you're also telling LucasArts that it's okay for it to release games that are clearly unfinished.
  2. Despite a litany of glitches, LEGO Star Wars II is a rousing action adventure game that lives up to expectations.
    I still grow bitter every time I have to restart, but there is something about the game that keeps me coming back time and time again, even if I'm frustrated.