Lunar: Dragon Song DS

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Sep 27, 2005
6.2

1. Aug 19, 2011
    Although I am rating this pretty high, I have to admit it deserves most of it's poor/mediocre ratings and reviews. If it didn't have the Lunar name and art style, I would've never bought it nor played it without swiftly returning it. However, the huge fan that I am ever since the original on Sega CD is loving this addition to the series. I can enjoy it primarily because it's obviously setAlthough I am rating this pretty high, I have to admit it deserves most of it's poor/mediocre ratings and reviews. If it didn't have the Lunar name and art style, I would've never bought it nor played it without swiftly returning it. However, the huge fan that I am ever since the original on Sega CD is loving this addition to the series. I can enjoy it primarily because it's obviously set in the same world with similar looking characters, so I suppose a lot of it's appeal is nostalgia with me. So if you are that serious of a die-hard fan that you buy games in a series just because of a brand name or relation to your favorite RPG of all time, this is worth the purchase. Oh, I should also mention I got it for $5 lol If it had been $10 or more, I probably could've lived without it. Expand
  2. Marie
    Aug 26, 2008
    Interesting at first, but about half way became a chore just to finish. Annoying having to go and do teddious errends just to get enough money for armor. Couldn't they have spell checked the game as well? At least one of the delivery errends had the wrong name as the person to deliver it to, and how could you miss capitalizing other names?! I regretted paying the initial $40 price tagInteresting at first, but about half way became a chore just to finish. Annoying having to go and do teddious errends just to get enough money for armor. Couldn't they have spell checked the game as well? At least one of the delivery errends had the wrong name as the person to deliver it to, and how could you miss capitalizing other names?! I regretted paying the initial $40 price tag for a game that gives Lunar a bad name! Collapse
  3. JohnH.
    Jan 30, 2006
    a game that makes most traditionalists crazy and mad, makes me happy. this game creates a different atmosphere than that of a traditional rpg. the thing that makes this game stand out is the music. very nice.
  4. Sam
    Dec 22, 2005
    Much like the "Game of the Damned" Shadow the Hedgehog, this amazing series has taken such an awful mistep that it may never recover.
  5. DyneL.
    Oct 24, 2005
    Just because its Lunar....
  6. EvanH.
    Oct 18, 2005
    The game is semi-fun, but the battle system is really annoying and the story isn't very deep.
  7. JoeJ.
    Oct 6, 2005
    Really poor lunar game.

#35 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#12 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

1. Nintendo Power
    It does tragically little to expand the saga or enrich our understanding of the Lunar universe. Instead, the story feels like merely a means of shepherding the player from one monster-filled dungeon to the next. [Nov 2005, p.114]
    Lunar DS isn't really up to the thrilling and dramatic heights the series was synonymous. Worse, the changes and tweaks the developers made, trying to bring Lunar into the 21st century, are irrelevant at best and annoying at worst. That said, this is a better-than-average handheld RPG with a likable cast, a charming story, and appealing graphics.
    Aside from these minor quibbles and instances of tedium, the story progresses at a respectable clip, with plenty of twists and surprises to keep things interesting.