Mario Party DS DS

7.8

1. Oct 23, 2011
    This game is an all right bit of harmless fun and you will find yourself playing mini games again and again to get an awesome high score, especially on the higher difficulties, but after 3-4 hours playing this game I bailed out because I found it way too repetitive.
  2. Apr 5, 2015
    Ths game is okay. There are many better but it is worth playing. The Character Selection is okay. The Boards are awesome. Bowser's Pinball is my favourite. The story is fine. The graphics are good for the DS. Mario Party DS is a good MP game but not the best, but it is worth buying. This is also my first DS game.
  3. Apr 4, 2015
    This game is okay. My least favourite MP besides Advance. The graphics were okay. The character selection is okay. The boards were fine. Some minigames are good. Some are a bit boring. Mario Party DS is an average game. It's your choice if you want to get it or not.
  4. Feb 3, 2013
    Mario Party DS may not be the best the Mario Party series has to offer, but I certainly packs a punch! The 70+ minigames are new, fun, and creative. The story mode is worth checking out and it makes for an alright single-player mode. It does not have the same appeal as other titles in the series, though. Mario Party games are known for allowing any character to be winner at any given time,Mario Party DS may not be the best the Mario Party series has to offer, but I certainly packs a punch! The 70+ minigames are new, fun, and creative. The story mode is worth checking out and it makes for an alright single-player mode. It does not have the same appeal as other titles in the series, though. Mario Party games are known for allowing any character to be winner at any given time, but this just goes overboard with the idea! It makes you feel ripped-off when you work hard for your stars, and Yoshi takes all of them because he keeps "getting lucky"! Also, most of the minigames are either too easy or too hard with CPU players in the mix. Speaking of which, the computer players are only somewhat of a challenge when you put them on Hard difficulty because Normal is too easy. Overall, fun game if you have the time, but definitely not the cream of the crop. Expand
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    I've always loved Mario Party, but this game doesn't live up to the others. This game is alright, and still holds up well with the clever mini-games and map/board elements, but the magic Mario Party touch is just not there. If I was forced to label this game based only on two extremes of "brilliant success" or "grand failure", I'd hesitate and have to think about the decision for minutes,I've always loved Mario Party, but this game doesn't live up to the others. This game is alright, and still holds up well with the clever mini-games and map/board elements, but the magic Mario Party touch is just not there. If I was forced to label this game based only on two extremes of "brilliant success" or "grand failure", I'd hesitate and have to think about the decision for minutes, but might end up choosing "grand failure" in the end. Everyone knows how MP has tons of luck based gameplay, but this particular game takes it a bit too far. For example, the older Mario Party games had a lot of redeeming qualities that determined who the final winner was at the end of a board, such as total mini-game wins. So even if you didn't have the most stars at the end, you could still end up winning because you dominated in the mini-games and other things. On the other hand, Mario Party DS doesn't have this, because now the player relies waaaayy too much on luck. There are no bonuses or methods of redemption here, and you can lose time and time again because you didn't get the right numbers in a row upon hitting the dice. The balance and programming is lazy, and it digs into the gameplay and makes it unenjoyable. This is also seen in mini-games where the AI is twelve steps ahead and can't be defeated. Overall, the game is good for maybe a few hours, but gets frustrating and repetitive after that. Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2012
    It is a not that good of a game so I would not recommend it . The graphics are not too good and there is no real adventure so this is the bwst score I can giveit
  7. May 12, 2015
    I bought this in 2014 and it's a pretty solid game for its time. I had so much fun playing this but I wish there were more options in the game, overall, 7 out of 10
  8. Apr 14, 2016
    Unlike most Mario Party games, this one had a creative story. Bowser's pain of suffering led him to making Mario's friends getting shrunk so he can have his ends on the other hidden crystals. Unlike most Mario Party games on the other hand which had a few fun minigames, this one, still have fun minigames to play, repeats the same elements of the minigames and it gets repetitive playing theUnlike most Mario Party games, this one had a creative story. Bowser's pain of suffering led him to making Mario's friends getting shrunk so he can have his ends on the other hidden crystals. Unlike most Mario Party games on the other hand which had a few fun minigames, this one, still have fun minigames to play, repeats the same elements of the minigames and it gets repetitive playing the same thing over and over again. Expand

#7 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007
#12 Most Shared DS Game of 2007

Like any Mario Party, this one's harmless fun, and it's especially worthwhile if you've got a group of friends and don't have to deal with the cheating computer. But the repetitiveness and shallow, luck-based gameplay just further drive home why the wacky, dynamic WarioWare has been crowned Nintendo's real party king.
    A solid multiplayer mini-game experience with a lot of the flaws of the previous versions. It doesn't do anything truly special than create a bunch of touch screen and microphone-centric minigames (and even then we've seen variations of them in other DS titles), but it at least comes together as a better title than the last console Mario Party design.
  3. Best of all, the developers have made it so that you need only a single cartridge to get a party going with as many as four people.