5.5

1. DustinP.
    Sep 20, 2007
    How -- tell me, how? -- can you make a museum of Namco titles and not include Ms. Pac-Man!?! To date, there has not been a console-perfect translation of this classic game, and that's a downright travesty! I'm holding out hope that there will be a Vol. 2 of this series that rectifies this mistake.
  2. Forget_your_life
    Oct 7, 2007
    HURRAH!! Mappy at last and Xevious..lots of options for screen orintation. To bad they couldnt have made use of both screens for nice long vertical game play...this game saves high scores. BONUS!! so many of the other "museum" arcade packs fail to save high scores after the game is turned off, no worries here though. Yes, there sould be more games on the cart but for 20 bucks ,I'm HURRAH!! Mappy at last and Xevious..lots of options for screen orintation. To bad they couldnt have made use of both screens for nice long vertical game play...this game saves high scores. BONUS!! so many of the other "museum" arcade packs fail to save high scores after the game is turned off, no worries here though. Yes, there sould be more games on the cart but for 20 bucks ,I'm just glad Mappy made it on the list.. Dig Dug 2 is a miss, why is it here and not the original? still worth my money...Play Mappy everyone, it is a total classic..... WHERE IS ROOT BEER TAPPER!? still gets an 8 from me...sound is good too...nothing drives a room more crazy than Galaxian on full blast! Expand
  3. Ironmaus
    Oct 8, 2007
    I honestly don't care about any of the classics included on this cart. Finally owning a copy of Pac-Man VS that can be played without tethering a GBA to a Gamecube is brilliant. I repeat, buy this game for Pac-Man VS which is, hands down, one of the top ten multiplayer experiences of all time.
  4. DonK.
    Sep 22, 2007
    This collection is unbelievably skimpy, and for crying out loud, where is the original version of Dig Dug?
  5. FionnóM.
    Jun 22, 2008
    The original, sequel-bettering Dig Dug is mystifyingly absent, more games would have been great and Tower of Druaga is incredibly bad, but the classics are still brilliant, there's a pointlessly deep amount of fan-service for retro geeks and Pac-Man versus is worth the low price on its own. I have no idea why this has a lower score thn the GBA Namco Museum.
  6. Mar 13, 2012
    Game is impossible to play with the type of controller on the DS, and the analog controller on the 3DS doesn't help much more. Plus no Ms. Pac Man? And Dig Dug II??? One of the WORST sequels in the history of games but no original Dig Dug or maybe Pole Position?

The collection itself is great, but the way it's been fleshed out is really impressive. The full-fledged treatment of each game makes this edition of Namco Museum really feel like a museum.
  2. Namco Museum DS is a decent collection of arcade classics, but you'll have to turn your DS on its side to see them properly.
    As a classics collection (a Namco Museum, if you will), it fails pretty hard. It's lacking some much-needed games, and its meager selection of seven classic titles pales to the 21 in the PSP Museum. Pac-Man Vs., however, is excellent.