Personal Trainer: Cooking DS

1. mspencer
    Jul 14, 2008
    I played the Japanese import ("Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi") and loved it. You had to yell "tsuGI" or "oh---KEI" to continue, though, and because I don't speak Japanese I had to use a strategy guide. Oddly enough the same developer had already published the strategy guide years in advance. Beautiful hard-bound strategy guide, too, which I think I might keep in my kitchen.
  2. sneppo
    Jul 5, 2008
    This has 245 recipes and is briliant and easy to use. You can search recipes by keyword or country. You yell continue for the next step so that when you are cooking, you don't need to touch the DS. I love it!
  3. mo
    Jul 23, 2008
    Excellent and covers more recipes than you'd expect. One problem though is that the voice recognition is basic at best. I dropped something on the floor and it thought i wanted to continue to the next step. Turn voice recognition off especially if there are other people talking around you! Other than that it's excellent.
  4. Apr 15, 2012
    this game is fun because you can make really good greeeeeeennnnn beans which tasted really good this game helps and makes you eat really good food i like this game.

#34 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008

1. Absolutely not a video game in any shape or form – but something that's more immediately useful than Brain Training and its ilk.
  2. Sizzling just below perfection yet leaving a pleasant taste in the mouth, Cooking Guide is a unexpectedly novel idea pulled off successfully
  3. Of course, it won’t make cooking any more entertaining if you already find it a bit of a chore, but if you just want to be entertained you could also sit back a look at Gordon Ramsey curse his way through an episode of The F Word.