Pokemon Diamond Version DS

8.3

1. OliverC.
    Jun 9, 2007
    Easily the worst title the pokemon gameboy franchise. The pokemon are poorly thought out and assembling a well balanced team can be a pain. It's also the easiest and longest. That being said, it's still fun for the most part and shouldn't necessarily be avoided.
  2. JordanW.
    Feb 15, 2008
    It ok. The lack of new pokemon really made it 7. maby 6. Im a big pokemon fan but this is by far the worst, i played and that was it. Easy, i got through in 23hours with complete dex. boring and trepetative. At least day.night was back, rather play e/r/s at least they had lots of new pokes. Oh like for graphics.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    This the weakest installment. It's very slow moving. It;s still a very good game however. I mean, it's Pokemon. Of course it's good. The designs are creative, and there are a few things to do after the main story is over. Not as much as Black & White and Black 2 & White 2, but still a lot.
  4. ShaneS.
    Apr 24, 2007
    The majority of the new creatures in the game are unoriginal, uninspired, and just plain stupid. All the good Poke'mon designs have already been done. The Wi Fi seems great, but the game have huge balancing issues. People tweak the game to get uber stats for their poke'mon. And then they use HMs and TMs to teach their Poke'Mon moves that they have no bussiness learning. The majority of the new creatures in the game are unoriginal, uninspired, and just plain stupid. All the good Poke'mon designs have already been done. The Wi Fi seems great, but the game have huge balancing issues. People tweak the game to get uber stats for their poke'mon. And then they use HMs and TMs to teach their Poke'Mon moves that they have no bussiness learning. Fire Poke'mon should not be able to use electric moves, and vice versa. People mess around and make downright broken teams that are mostly full of Legendaries. If you can learn to play the game fairly with friends it's a good game, but Fire Red/Leaf Green are much better because they have all the cool creatures in them. If you want to be able to play over Wi-FI with friends get it. Otherwise don't bother because it's the same old thing. Expand
  5. Aug 25, 2010
    As a huge pokemon fan I've always loved the pokemon the battle system but one that really bug me on this game is that the gym leaders were to easy also with that said the graphics weren't as good as i thought they would be the online play is practically the same as facing the computer But the biggest let down of all is that to evolve certain pokemon such: Haunter, Kadabra Etc you have toAs a huge pokemon fan I've always loved the pokemon the battle system but one that really bug me on this game is that the gym leaders were to easy also with that said the graphics weren't as good as i thought they would be the online play is practically the same as facing the computer But the biggest let down of all is that to evolve certain pokemon such: Haunter, Kadabra Etc you have to trade them online to make them evolve say if you didn't have online Then what would happen you never get kadabra, haunter to evolve Expand
  6. Oct 7, 2010
    This game was really entertaining. I liked the adventure part of the game the most. It was a lot like Pokemon Platinum though so I could only play on or the other. I hated leveling up and grinding my pokemon but that can be said for every pokemon game out there. It went by really fast but it was good while it lasted.
  7. Aug 30, 2013
    A great addition to the Pokémon series, it was not so great as a successor to the acclaimed third generation of Pokémon gaming. Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl boast a more back-to-basics plot of a villainous team seeking world domination for pure power and worship. The game recedes beyond its predecessors by allowing the formula to become tired and less engaging than ever before. RoutesA great addition to the Pokémon series, it was not so great as a successor to the acclaimed third generation of Pokémon gaming. Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl boast a more back-to-basics plot of a villainous team seeking world domination for pure power and worship. The game recedes beyond its predecessors by allowing the formula to become tired and less engaging than ever before. Routes that feel as if they're a never-ending natural hallway, in a region that couldn't be more primitive. The pinnacle of the region is the labyrinth of Mt. Coronet. Main setting for the climatic plot, it perhaps boasts the most fascinating aspect of the fourth generation snow! Besides the point that the new Pokémon creatures were largely unnecessary additions to older characters, the side-gaming through Super Contests have gone from fun to a tedious chore. Altogether with a less stellar soundtrack, the fourth generation was a generally plain addition to the franchise. Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2013
    I'll keep it short and sweet.
    Anyone who loves pokemon games will enjoy playing through this, however there are a few things that annoyed me about this game:
    -It's very slow The plot, dialogue, battling, moving your character etc are all sluggish and unresponsive. If the speed of battling was 4x faster I'd give this game a 9/10 -Graphics and music Some of the music isn't its
    I'll keep it short and sweet.

-It's very slow
    If the speed of battling was 4x faster I'd give this game a 9/10

-Graphics and music
    Some of the music isn't its usual catchy and cheeful self like in the previous games.
    Some of the graphics, buildings, sprites and towns look rushed, oreburgh city comes to mind, there is nothing endearing about that place.
  9. Apr 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Diamond and Pearl are my 2nd least favourite games in the series, this doesn't mean I hate the games with a burning passion, there are things I love about this game but, a lot of the negatives do stick out for me.

Pros:

The game looks great!

I like how Sinnoh is the opposite to Hoenn, rather then being tropical all around and having a small wintry area, Sinnoh is more Tundra with a small tropical area.

Physical/Special split was finally added.

Lots of helpful attacks were added.

Rock types were buffed.

Cons:

Starters are not really that memorable for me, also all 3 families never changed shape at all, like how Charmander grows larger and grows wings, Cyndaquill becomes more upright, Totodile becomes larger and bulker and Torchic becoming more human. These new starters just get bigger and bigger and that's it, I do like Toterra and Empoleon's typing though.

Music was the weakest in the series for me, yes there are some good tracks, however compared to the other main series games, it's very lacking.

I CANNOT STAND THE RIVALS! Barry is annoying for all the wrong reasons, we hated Blue because he was a jerk all the time, we hated Sliver because he was misguided and treated us like cr*p, May/Brendan were the first friendly rivals we had and I loved talking to them. Barry just crashes into you all the time (And I do mean crash) and just battles you out of no where, plus Dawn is very annoying.

Battles are way too slow, a battle could last around 1 minute with the older and newer games, in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, the battles take around 3 minutes, and half of it is just waiting for the text to finish and battle animations.

I don't enjoy Team Galactic and Cyrus, the goons look stupid with their haircuts and Cyrus's plan sounds too silly for my taste, his plan is to destroy the universe and recreate in his own image, ok I'm fine with a giant ginger finding some laser a homeless man built 1000 years ago, but destroying the universe? That's too far for me.

Stealth rocks are overpowered, I don't mind entry hazards, they are a good idea, but taking half of my pokemon's health just because I switched is bullsh*t, Stealth rocks should just do some chip damage, NOT HALF OF MY POKEMON'S HEALTH, plus if you don't have a Rapid Spinner, your screwed.

The whole region is forgettable, besides MT Coronet and Oreburgh city, there's no other place that I can remember without looking it up.

Overall it's a good DS game and I reccomend it if your new to the Pokemon Series, however compared to it's squeals and the games before it, skip it.
  10. Dec 3, 2015
    This isn't a bad game it's just my least favorite pokemon game. I just think all the new pokemon are lame except the legendaries and the starters, otherwise it's a bunch of old pokemon, and their's a new fog mechanic that gets really annoying, you need to delete a move to learn useless fog so you can see, man i hate HM's and all the locations feel the same to me or just really small, iThis isn't a bad game it's just my least favorite pokemon game. I just think all the new pokemon are lame except the legendaries and the starters, otherwise it's a bunch of old pokemon, and their's a new fog mechanic that gets really annoying, you need to delete a move to learn useless fog so you can see, man i hate HM's and all the locations feel the same to me or just really small, i prefer pokemon Sapphire anytime. Expand

#2 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007
#8 Most Shared DS Game of 2007

1. Games Master UK
    Familiar collecting and battling, but immaculately designdd and with online play. [June 2007, p.62]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    With Wi-Fi battles and Global Trade, D/P is essential. [Sept 2007, p.81]
  3. There’s a lot to do in Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, which looks as good as a top-down Pokemon game is going to get for some time. It also benefits more than any other sequel in the series from a predecessor due to online capabilities. [JPN Import]