8.2

1. Mar 1, 2011
    This is the first Pokemon game I was introduced to, and it will always be my favorite. As with the rest of the Pokemon games, it can be accessed on any level. You can simply grind through, giving no thought to your IVs, and leveling up your starter to around 75, with a Level 18 Staravia, and beat the game. However, you can also take the most out of it by creating a perfect team, and you'll need more than a level 75 starter to do well in the Battle Tower. Oh boy. There's so much to do--searching and chaining for Shiny Pokemon (many more Pokemon become available when you beat the game) making poffins, going underground, trading online. It's so extensive, and I've spent over 115 hours on it. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2010
    this was an excellent DS game
  3. Oct 6, 2013
    I have changed my opinion of this game it is really good from the great music to the epic battles this is a great Pokemon game to get!!!! platinum is better!!
  4. May 7, 2012
    For me, this is the last best Pokemon game in the series. Meaning Platinum included. It had the mixture of the old Pokemon and the new Pokemon. I believe that this game added the MOST new Pokemon to date. Along with a lot of the best looking ones. Diamond/Pearl's bread and butter is the intriguing story of the Sinnoh region. Theirs a lot of new contain in the game such as customizing, new online feature etc. Pokemon fans, get this game and get sucked into the Sinnoh world. Enjoy your time with the last best installment in the Pokemon series. Expand
  5. Aug 25, 2010
    As a huge pokemon fan I've always loved the pokemon the battle system but one that really bug me on this game is that the gym leaders were to easy also with that said the graphics weren't as good as i thought they would be the online play is practically the same as facing the computer But the biggest let down of all is that to evolve certain pokemon such: Haunter, Kadabra Etc you have to trade them online to make them evolve say if you didn't have online Then what would happen you never get kadabra, haunter to evolve Expand
  6. Oct 7, 2010
    This game was really entertaining. I liked the adventure part of the game the most. It was a lot like Pokemon Platinum though so I could only play on or the other. I hated leveling up and grinding my pokemon but that can be said for every pokemon game out there. It went by really fast but it was good while it lasted.
  7. Jul 10, 2011
    This is an improvement that the series needed, new Pokemon, new stuff to do, the online multiplayer. Pokemon is moving to a right direction, can't wait for Black and White.
  8. Aug 3, 2013
    Largely due to the fact that it was pretty much perfect in the first place the Pokemon series has changed very little in the last fifteen years. Despite this the developers have listened to some of the criticisms levelled at the games and included a number of the improvements fans have long been asking for.

The game of course still sees the player taking on the role of a child
    travelling from town to town collecting Pokemon and using them to battle all manner of opponents. Despite the familiar concept Pokemon Black is a more streamlined experience. Little things like combining the Pokemon Centre and Poke Mart into one building for example cuts down on pointless travelling whilst battles also run at a slightly quicker pace.

Two new types of battle are also included. Triple battles obviously allow for three Pokemon to fight at once whilst rotation battles allow the player to switch out Pokemon before each attack adding a new level of strategy to the game. Some Pokemon can now also combine moves to create more powerful attacks making the selection of a balanced team even more essential.

For the first time since the Game Boy original this version features a completely new set of Pokemon. Many of these are not as well designed as the original group but it does make exploration more interesting. No longer will you enter a cave to be greeted by yet another Zubat or Geodude. It is possible to get some of the older Pokemon once you complete the game or by using some of the bonus features but as per usual most have to be transferred from your save games on previous iterations.

Wrongly looked upon as 'a game for kids' Pokemon remains once the most in depth and strategic RPGs available on any console and with its more streamlined approach the Black or White game are as good a place to start as any.
  9. Jul 29, 2011
    Pokemon Diamond was probably the best boost of the Pokemon franchise. This game showed realistic images of towns. There were a few melodramatic, real life scenes. There were many new, more detailed Pokemon. Overall, Pokemon Diamond was one of the biggest contributions to Pokemon game improvements.
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    "Pokemon Diamond Version" is the old, simple gameboy game we all love, only back in DS :) Enjoy!!!!
  11. May 25, 2012
    Pokemon has continued to dominate handheld gaming since its debut and this is no exception.
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    A nice transition from the Gameboy to the DS. Even after logging over 350 hours on this game I haven't collected all of the Pokemon. The Global Trade System is pretty neat as well. Overall a well done game, though I can't say the same about the sequels.
  13. Mar 10, 2012
    The game was really engaging and pleasan. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is that it doesn't bring anything fresh to Pokemon franchise. On the other hand, it's another excellent Pokemon adventure with well-designed legendary Pokemon, some nice places and characteristic climate. If you're true PokeFan, you cannot miss it. If it were possible, I would rate it 8.5.
  14. Aug 8, 2012
    I liked this game, as I've liked other Pokemon games, nothing new was really brought to it, but it was fun to play through some new cities and interact with different characters, however I really hated the fact that you had to completely fill your pokedex before you can progress onto the next region, hated that a LOT.
  15. Jun 18, 2013
    This the weakest installment. It's very slow moving. It;s still a very good game however. I mean, it's Pokemon. Of course it's good. The designs are creative, and there are a few things to do after the main story is over. Not as much as Black & White and Black 2 & White 2, but still a lot.
  16. Jul 23, 2013
    "Pokemon Diamond Version" has a massive adventure, with great visuals and new adventures for the Pokemon lovers to love. With its villainous team, Team Galactic, on its core, the adventure is dark and exhilarating for the game players. Like all Pokemon games, the game is fun, exciting, and the Sinnoh Region is one of the most interesting places ever imagined for a DS game.
  17. Aug 30, 2013
    A great addition to the Pokémon series, it was not so great as a successor to the acclaimed third generation of Pokémon gaming. Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl boast a more back-to-basics plot of a villainous team seeking world domination for pure power and worship. The game recedes beyond its predecessors by allowing the formula to become tired and less engaging than ever before. Routes that feel as if they're a never-ending natural hallway, in a region that couldn't be more primitive. The pinnacle of the region is the labyrinth of Mt. Coronet. Main setting for the climatic plot, it perhaps boasts the most fascinating aspect of the fourth generation snow! Besides the point that the new Pokémon creatures were largely unnecessary additions to older characters, the side-gaming through Super Contests have gone from fun to a tedious chore. Altogether with a less stellar soundtrack, the fourth generation was a generally plain addition to the franchise. Expand
  18. Sep 22, 2013
    I'll keep it short and sweet. Anyone who loves pokemon games will enjoy playing through this, however there are a few things that annoyed me about this game: -It's very slow The plot, dialogue, battling, moving your character etc are all sluggish and unresponsive. If the speed of battling was 4x faster I'd give this game a 9/10 -Graphics and music Some of the music isn't its usual catchy and cheeful self like in the previous games.
    Some of the graphics, buildings, sprites and towns look rushed, oreburgh city comes to mind, there is nothing endearing about that place.
  19. Sep 25, 2013
    i was actually afraid to play this game when I first came across it. I didn't know anything about the "new" pokemon and just assumed I wouldn't like it. I got into Pokemon when it first came out and had Charmander, Pikachu, etc., so I had no interest to see where they took it. However, I gave it a shot and actually came to loving this game. It's actually one of my favorite pokemon games. It has so much to do even after you have beaten everyone and I love so many of the pokemon it features. I really misjudged it. I am so glad i gave it a try. Expand
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Although it was a great game that utilized the DS's capabilities, it still could have been a better game. I felt disconnected to the pokemon in this game and the region it placed me in. Other then feeling dissociated from the world I was playing in, it was a solid pokemon game that gave me many hours of game play.

1. Familiar collecting and battling, but immaculately designdd and with online play. [June 2007, p.62]
  2. With Wi-Fi battles and Global Trade, D/P is essential. [Sept 2007, p.81]
  3. There’s a lot to do in Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, which looks as good as a top-down Pokemon game is going to get for some time. It also benefits more than any other sequel in the series from a predecessor due to online capabilities. [JPN Import]