8.2

1. Dec 31, 2010
    As far as DS games go, this one is very good. The graphics are beautiful, the animation was well done, (Just look at the Buneary) and it has many features you wouldn't expect if you played the other Pokemon Ranger Games.

The "Capturing" is engaging in a unique way, it may not seem like much at first but soon you will be circling your problems away and debating where to use that Pokemon Assist for the best results. The story was interesting, but a bit cliche at times admittedly.

I will have to give this game a 9/10.
    Kudos HAL Laboratories.
  2. Aug 26, 2011
    Personally, I think this is better than the real Pokemon games. Without the infuriating levelling up. But it is WAY too easy. Completed it in 9 days (play time after final mission 28 hours) which was a bit of a disappointment. Still, a great game and I would recommend a purchase!
  3. Oct 15, 2010
    In regards to the target audience of say 6-12ish, the gameplay is simple and easy to get into. For anyone older than that, the game can get very boring very quick. Graphics are very polished for a DS game, audio is decent, and is appropriate for the 6-12 age group.
  4. Jan 8, 2013
    While the visuals were beautiful, the writing left a lot to be desired with bad in-jokes and stale humor. The gameplay is enjoyable enough, but the game falls into the rut of trying to baby the player into all of its mechanics instead of allowing the players to figure things out for themselves. It's not a bad title; it just seems like it needed a little more attention and polish to go into it.
  5. Aug 3, 2012
    When I played Pokémon Ranger initially I was in hoping for something quite cool: Pokémon Rangers looked cool in the anime, so this seemed like a nice spin-off game. I had played Mystery Dungeon and loved it, so this seemed like the logical next step. Sadly, I got disappointed: the gameplay is entertaining but there really isn't much to do after you've completed theWhen I played Pokémon Ranger initially I was in hoping for something quite cool: Pokémon Rangers looked cool in the anime, so this seemed like a nice spin-off game. I had played Mystery Dungeon and loved it, so this seemed like the logical next step. Sadly, I got disappointed: the gameplay is entertaining but there really isn't much to do after you've completed the (regrettably short) storyline. While it lasts, the game is interesting; I found myself often playing it into the small hours of the night. Sadly enough, after the first playthrough I had thought: "Wow, this is awesome!" and decided to play it through again. It was boring. Also, once you complete the storyline in Pokémon Ranger, the only thing left to do really is to try and perfect all of your capture results, getting them to A. As the game lacks any postgame things to do and there is no real reward in replaying the game through (e.g. Nuzlocke challenge, or catching em all) the real joy of playing this game only really is in the initial playthrough. I could see myself buying the game for 10 dollars but the 20-30 dollar initial price I've seen often is ridiculous; in sum, the game itself is fine but there is so little to do in it that it gets boring quickly. If you love walking around, solving puzzles (like how to sneak through a forest undetected) and twirling loops, this is worth buying. Otherwise, I recommend that you think before buying it. Expand

1. Mar 27, 2011
    If you need a good Pokémon adventure to fill in the time away from Pokémon Black and Pokémon White, this fits the bill nicely.
  2. Jan 31, 2011
    It's got the plot of Pokemon, but the battle system needs bolstering to achieve greatness.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    A decent Pokemon game with cute graphics, but way too easy and with sluggish controls.