Puzzle Quest 2 DS

5.8

1. Jan 6, 2012
    A bit easier to play than the first (or, at least, it's harder to be bad at this one than the first). But by the time I was done, I was so unbelievable sick and tired of the game, of the combat, of the side quests, of everything. (I have since played through the first one again and enjoyed it more than this one.)
  2. Oct 16, 2010
    s I do love puzzle and and it appealed to me having a story to follow as well however I didn't like how it capped out at level 50. You could still keep earning xp, yet there was nothing to use it on.
  3. Aug 19, 2010
    I'm giving this a big thumbs up. It's a definite improvement over the first. Taking emphasis off regeneration abilities (though cool in traditional RPG-sense) makes this particular game better.

The perspective change takes a bit getting used to. It's more immersive than the first with it's more big-overhead-map view, but even with the map I don't have as good a sense of my position in the "world" relative to everything else. In short, the "scale" of the game seems a bit reduced. Not necessarily bad, just different.

So far, I'm about level 15 on the Assassin (or Rogue, whatever can't remember) class.

Similar to the first game, it can get monotonous doing battle after battle with a long lead-up until you have enough gems to make some interesting moves/combo's. That said, once you do get stocked up, things are more interesting/strategic than the previous game.

Other additions such as the treasure loot mini-game are pure genius and great additions/innovations. Vegas Casino's should adopt this game!

If they can innovate at this pace, PQ3 will be a beast. The good news is they are improving on the formula and I see a day when this type of game can command a full $50-60 price tag.
  4. Jan 6, 2012

#30 Most Discussed DS Game of 2010

1. Feb 23, 2011
    Puzzle Quest 2 has its problems, that much is for sure. Look past the problems, and you'll find a game that's still pretty darn addicting.
  2. Jan 17, 2011
    Puzzle Quest 2 is better than the original chapter. Addictive and challenging it's highly recommended to fans of the genre and even those who have already enjoyed the predecessor.
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    D3 struck gold once, which is fantastic. Aside from the titans of the gaming industry, many developers have trouble creating a truly innovative title that's also good, old-fashioned fun. That was Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. However, after two major mistakes with what's essentially the same design, one has to wonder if they should throw in the towel on this franchise.