• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2010
7.6

1. Dec 21, 2010
    It's a very good Sonic game. Better than Sonic Rush, but it appears five years later. It's only a little step forward.

HARDCORE FANS ADVISORY: IT'S NOT A CLASSIC SONIC.
  2. Nov 21, 2010
    Classic Sonic gameplay mixed with some fresh ideas that actually work. In short, this is the game Sonic 4 should have been and arguably the best Sonic game since Sonic 2.
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    Its official...Sonic Team was abducted by aliens for the past 10 years... Because I do not, NAY REFUSE to believe that the same Sonic Team...is RESPONSIBLE for this utter MASTERPIECE...

The music is classic enchanting Sonic fare, and you will be humming the tunes for months if not years. The atrocious 4Kids voice actors have been replaced (except Robotnik) with a far superior cast, that truly befits the nature of the Sonic series. The graphics....BEST ON THE WII...nothing even comes remotely CLOSE... The environmental made me gaze in awestuck wonder, oftentimes I forget its all IN GAME!!!

No **** HUBWORLDS ANYMORE!!! Just straight up classic gameplay. Not to mention the new Wisps mechanic is awesome, and provides tons of replayability throughout.

DID I MENTION 2 PLAYER CO-OP?!?!? Yep its in there.

This is not only the best Sonic game of the DECADE (considering how **** the series games have been over the recent years) but my favorite Wii game of 2011!!! It may even be my favorite GAME of the YEAR!!!

You think I'm kidding don't you? NO. Stop reading if you've ever been a fan of Sonic... This is the game...the one, the one that brings a LEGEND back. BUY NOW! BUY NOW! BUY NOW! BUY NOW!!!
  4. Nov 26, 2010
    This is the best sonic game of the past Decade! Maybe Sonic 4 Episode 2 can learn from this. Both the Wii and DS Version are Fantastic and well Worth your Money!
  5. Nov 25, 2011
    Best ds game I owned. The game isnt boost to win and has alot of diversified gameplay because of the wisps which are awesome by the way. This game is nothing short of a great game!
  6. Oct 5, 2013
    The best out of the Sonic Rush styled handheld Sonic titles, Better than rush, and 10 times better than both Rush Adventure and Generations 3DS, the sonic colors soundtrack was remixed in this version for some reason, but it's enjoyable, and most importantly, the game is a blast to play, no stupid gimmicks like in Rush Adventure. The wisps in this version play like there consoleThe best out of the Sonic Rush styled handheld Sonic titles, Better than rush, and 10 times better than both Rush Adventure and Generations 3DS, the sonic colors soundtrack was remixed in this version for some reason, but it's enjoyable, and most importantly, the game is a blast to play, no stupid gimmicks like in Rush Adventure. The wisps in this version play like there console counterparts, with the exception with two wisps that are exclusive to this version

Overall this is fantastic, I recommend it.
  7. May 14, 2013
    A good game. It contains the best boss battles I've ever played, with a very good soundtrack.
  8. Feb 24, 2014
    FORGET E CRITICS AND LISTEN CAREFULLY. The dark age of Sonic The Hedgehog has been very long sadly. With Shadow The Hedgehog, 06, Labyrinth, Chronicles which at best was half decent, but then they released unleashed which kind of brought the series, but critics nitpicked at the "Boring" wolf sections. That game KIND OF saved the series, but in 2010, I saw the trailer, and since I don'tFORGET E CRITICS AND LISTEN CAREFULLY. The dark age of Sonic The Hedgehog has been very long sadly. With Shadow The Hedgehog, 06, Labyrinth, Chronicles which at best was half decent, but then they released unleashed which kind of brought the series, but critics nitpicked at the "Boring" wolf sections. That game KIND OF saved the series, but in 2010, I saw the trailer, and since I don't have a Wii, which got very positive ratings, I got the DS version, and I loved every Sonic-Second of it. EVERYTHING from the beautiful intro, the gameplay, story, speed, humor, audio, it's AMAZING! This game is so good that it brought the Sonic series back! And Sonic hasn't had a bad game since! Except for the 3ds version of lost world, which at WORST, was pretty, mixed. I just didn't like frozen factory, and Sonic 4 I actually liked. Don't listen to the bad reviews on here and buy the game. And if there's ever a day when your feeling bored, depressed, or just overall down in the dumps, get your Wii or DS, plug in this game, and reach for the stars. :) Expand

1. Feb 2, 2011
    If you have enjoyed previous Sonic games but were hesitant to pick this one up because of the most recent Sonic outings, worry no more. Sonic Colors is worth the price of admission.
  2. Jan 17, 2011
    Sonic Colors for DS enjoy as the Wii's version. Inheriting many of the mechanical from Sonic Rush and enriched it with the super powers received by the Wisps, this chapter respects the tradition and updates it painlessly.
  3. Jan 10, 2011
    It's true that Sonic Colors is an imperfect game, plagued by dull boss battles and uneven difficulty, but it's still an enjoyable DS title with enough similarities to 16-bit Sonic games to keep both old and new fans of the franchise entertained.