• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2010
7.7

1. Apr 13, 2014
    This game can be summed up in a nutshell. Sonic Rush 3. It's not worthy of the title, but that's the best name for it.
    The game just feels wrong. If I go from Sonic Rush, arguably one of the best Dimps games ever made, to Colors DS, and notice a decrease in quality, I want to go back to Rush. The bosses are slightly harder re-skins of past bosses, the Aquarium Park boss pisses the ****
    out of me, the voice clip of Sonic taking damage is ****ed beyond repair, and the final boss is the dumbest thing since killing off Sonic in 2006!

This game is TOO easy. I beat the game in 4 hours. If I had a say in which game I got, I would have chosen the Wii version. The Wi-Fi records system is broken, the Wisp control in this game is ass, and I don't feel like I'm playing a Sonic game when I struggle to control the Drill Wisp, and spin into mine after mine. I feel like a drunk person mowing down pedestrians trying to get home.

This game is obviously flawed.
  2. Nov 8, 2013
    I hate this game so much, it should die in a fire. I mean..yeah, you can rip-off your WII counterpart, but the graphics are crap, the controls are like a Rush Adventure thing and the story alike is stupid. In my defense, I haven't played this stupid game. The only chance was on Generations for the 3DS and that sucked even more. I just hate how they made the boss look like crap mixed together with Eggman's moustache. It's basically a bad game and Sega did a horrible job on this version. Expand
  3. Aug 30, 2013
    Sonic colors Wii was great, the DS version however is horrible. basicly it's the exact same as sonic rush which is a better game than this. all you do is play sonic rush style gameplay. also this game is really short, I beat it in a day, it's only about 5 hours long. now the cutscenes are terrible to, instead of the fully animated cutscenes from the wii version, this version has you read what the characters are saying like comics. instad of being 2D and 3D like the wii version, the DS version is 2D the whole way though, this game proves that it could be in 3D because the special stages are in 3D, the special stages are terrible though, there like a toned down version of sonic 2's speical stages, you move sonic with the stylist and get all of the orbs of one color to win. and the bosses are really easy, you could beat them in like 5 seconds. the music is by far the only good part about the game, it's the same as the wii version's music, but they really ruined some of the best tracks from the wii version like aquriam park. there's also this overworld that's simular to the wii version, you just select which planet you want to go to and then done. I will give this game some credit as the final boss is with super sonic and the wii version did not have a super sonic final boss, and the final boss is in 3D on the DS version, but it's probably the worst super sonic boss fight in the series, but it's good that they actually tried. this game is only bad because of the DS's hardware limitations, but If you have a wii, get the wii version, if you only have a DS, get sonic rush or sonic rush adventure. Expand
  4. Dec 27, 2010
    Sonic Colors is an enjoyable game until that first gameover screen pops up. You get to go ludicrously fast until you realize that having fun is incompatible with the game's difficulty , mostly boosted by the never-ending memorization and cheap death scenarios. Ugh.

1. Feb 2, 2011
    If you have enjoyed previous Sonic games but were hesitant to pick this one up because of the most recent Sonic outings, worry no more. Sonic Colors is worth the price of admission.
  2. Jan 17, 2011
    Sonic Colors for DS enjoy as the Wii's version. Inheriting many of the mechanical from Sonic Rush and enriched it with the super powers received by the Wisps, this chapter respects the tradition and updates it painlessly.
  3. Jan 10, 2011
    It's true that Sonic Colors is an imperfect game, plagued by dull boss battles and uneven difficulty, but it's still an enjoyable DS title with enough similarities to 16-bit Sonic games to keep both old and new fans of the franchise entertained.