Spore Creatures DS

6.6

1. Jan 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can safely say that this is one of the most entertaining games for the DS. If you are one for adventure games, you will definitely enjoy this one. I have two used copies from Gamestop, and both had completed saves on them so I got to see what the whole game had to offer at first sight, and later on I finished the game myself. The instructions are a bit confusing in the beginning, because they give little assistance in finding out what different parts of spore cards and items mean, but I am fairly sure that they did this on purpose to make the gamer figure some stuff out for themselves instead of being force-fed information. It includes a fairly lengthy storyline, and if you're willing to sit down and play all of it at once, be prepared to get bored quickly, because this game is best played in hourly doses, like most games out there. Walkthroughs may be useful at some points. There are also a few glitches. One of them is when you must throw rocks at the attacking Glob-lods, they still steal the Bubleebu's bananas anyways and you have to restart the quest. It took me almost an hour to get through that short portion, and on another save it didn't even work to begin with. Another negative to the game is it is very linear, there are no, "you can do this instead of this and still reach the same outcome," no, its entirely, "if you cant do this, run around and complete other tasks but you still have to do this to continue." I highly recommend this game, but if you are into games with incredibly high replay value and broad options on what you can do, try this one anyways, it won't take much of your paycheck to pick up an entertaining sliver of the renowned PC legend, Spore.

(Also, when you befriend a nest, you get a part/experience/both. If you kill a nest, you get a part/experience/both. This is a way to get all the parts, just befriend all the creatures, take the prize, kill all of them, take the prize, rebuild the nest, befriend them, and so on. I have managed to get almost all the parts this way. Gruesome, but whatever it takes.. Also the aftermath of the game is pretty drab. All you can do once you defeat the villain is go back to the places you've already been to get more parts and unlock cheats.)
  2. Feb 28, 2017
    Yahoo!! I was so happy that I like it the most just like Spore and it is fair and square so me and maxis just speak to each other and It was so great also it is 2 dimensional

#26 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008
#70 Most Shared DS Game of 2008

1. Games Master UK
    A triumph - a constantly evolving, charming and surprising triumph. [Oct 2008, p.83]
  2. The wonky camera and repetition is annoying, but it still just about works as an average exploration game. What it doesn't offer is any sort of Free Play option where you can do your own thing.
    This is a fun, involved, albeit more linear DS experience with a few quirks that get in the way, but even with those quirks it’s great to experience a game on the more limited handheld with a similar sense of creativity that PC gamers will have in Spore.