7.8

1. May 22, 2013
    Personally, I do not understand why people like this game so much. All I saw from this game was one big mixed bag. I think that it is slightly better than Star Wars the Clone Wars Adventures, but not better than Lightsaber Duels. Let me just start by saying if you are looking for a video game with excellent gameplay, you will not find it here. The controls are terrible. You have noPersonally, I do not understand why people like this game so much. All I saw from this game was one big mixed bag. I think that it is slightly better than Star Wars the Clone Wars Adventures, but not better than Lightsaber Duels. Let me just start by saying if you are looking for a video game with excellent gameplay, you will not find it here. The controls are terrible. You have no choice but to use the stylus in order to play. This was the worst part of the entire game. The stylus controls just suck because they are so imprecise. It makes moving your character much more complicated than it needs to be. Not to mention, it allows you to cheat during combat by using twin stylus' to fight. I discovered that you can use twin stylus' and have the advantage every time during combat. I don't remember ever losing a fight without using dual stylus'. Along with this, there are a bunch of really boring levels starring C-3PO and R2-D2. These levels are easily the worst part of an already abysmal title. Also the graphics are also significantly inferior compared to Lightsaber Duals, but it is a handheld game, so I will cut it some slack. The sound, is decent at best. It does mimic the sounds of Star Wars pretty well. I think that it is better than Adventures because it does have a much better story. This one probably has the best story out of all the Clone Wars games. However, I still think Lightsaber Duels is slightly better because it does not have the gameplay flaws that this game has. Along with this, the graphics and sound are also far better. Expand

The 3D graphics may be blocky, but the clean design ensures that you'll always know what's going on. There are also plenty of bonuses to unlock ranging from concept art to character models to cheats.
  2. Most of the game's problems have to do with the action elements. [Holiday 2008, p.86]
  3. The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance is an impressive feat on DS, and it’s also an entertaining, often thrilling adventure. Though the gameplay has a few minor issues and it doesn’t tread any new ground, the presentation ties everything together to make for an experience that shouldn’t be missed by fans of this seminal, science-fiction franchise.