- Summary: Explore the wide-open world of The Sims 2 while trying to gain fame and fortune for your own custom created Sims. Become a real estate mogul building, customizing and running a hotel in Strangetown. Bring in the cash by keeping everyone happy and keeping the hotel in good condition. Design the paintings on the walls of the gallery and record the music in the lounge though touch screen mini-games. Keep Strangetown's Sims happy to uncover their hidden secrets. [Electronic Arts]… Expand
ShaunaG.9it is a good game i mean it is way better on the nintendo DS beacause you could play on it where when ever you want ! There should be more games that are only for game cube, xbox, ps2..... that should have the same game on the nintendo DS!… Expand
MacaelaW.8Well, this game is quite fun, actually, i think its quite amuzing. but, however, there are some things, that dissapoint me. The fact that it is too short, in 4 weeks im on the very last level. there is nothing to do in some places, they should make it more interesting. and the fact that when you talk to somebody you do what THEY want you to do. after you have bought all the places, whats the city hall for? nothing ! the saloon, BORRRING!! i think its great that they added places like, the gym and the casino is quite amuzing. tho, it could use ALOT of work! and i mean alot! this game is really fun, and i recomend it.… Expand
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think its pretty weird to have a criminal running around and when it goes near you, you pass out and return to your room. Anyway, you run a hotel and you try to keep your guests happy by cleaning up the rooms, fighting aliens, etc.… Expand
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game to me was...bad. It is aggrevating and is a mockery to a series that is really promising and seems like EA's money pig, that is actually fun. Sorry Sonic. But this game is not good at all. The game starts you off driving into Strangetown when your car breaks down. You are greeted by the mechanic of the town (I think) and he says you can stay at the hotel as he fixes it (which he doesnt). It turns out that the manager has left the hotel no reason that the hotel was a and wasnt making money and you are left in charge after you power up the hotel with plutonium rods which you luckily dont suffer from an radiation poisoning as you have no protectioN. You then relise that a retarded alien is trying to take over strangetown but is easily defeated by...water. Yeah...and then after that, you are a hero and suddenly take to your duties as a manger.
Now this game has a lot of issues that I have to bring up.
1. The story: If you read my Sims 2 PSP review, I have said that the story is pretty dark at some points and it does have that charm that I love so much. This game does not. I didnt care for the story that much because it was not interesting. The first main part where a mafia boss rents the penthouse is possibly the best part but thats it mainly it. Which is worse is to progress, you need to build room which not only costs money but time. Ans if you think, well speed it up, you cant, well not in the game but that leads to my second issue.
2. Time: The time is in real time. The sims franchise should never be in real time. This also becomes rage inducing when you are building a room and you have to wait 8 hours for it to be built. You can put time forward to make it easier but do not turn it back. Sure the room will still be there but then you have to fight the poor excuse for aliens. Which is annoying because if you get too close you will be abducted, possibly anal probed and put back to the managers suit. If you want to do this, make sure all the rooms are built before you tun back time. It is alot easier.
3. Your room: Your room is small...and No wonder the manager left. You can only put a maximum of 15 things in your room and it doesnt even look appealling. Its awful.
4. The guest: They complain, have mood swings and over all, think you are satan. OK, maybe not the last thing but they are annoying. they constantly call saying that a gang is in town which if you dont have the rat cave, your screwed, sumthing has been stolen or want you to do a challenge to findd a treasure chest in the desert which I can never can and they become smug THAT MAKES YOUR LIFE A MISERY. They are also dumb "Help my room is on fire" how, you dont have anything in your room that can cause a fire. Some guests are so depressed, they set there room on fire cause their sick of life. And this is a, what kids game? Thats nice to teah them. Sick of life, burn yourself. Your parents wont mind. It also doesnt help when they get angry and you have a small amount of time to calm them doen before they destroy your Nice. I wont pay you for the damage, I will let you waste your hard earned cash and buy me a new toilet. its overall, ****e
5. The shop: There is barely anything here. There are new things every day and a special piece of furniture every month but it is boring. I just dont like it.
6. Skill points: Do you want to read a mechanical book to gain skill, yes. Does this game have that no. This is the most rage inducing part of the game I hate this gimic. It makes it worse. It also doesnt help that you need 5 mechanical skills to break into the penthouse to get blueprints to destroy the final boss at the end of the game. I spent 6 months on my first playthrough trying to find them, They are hard to find and there is no clear idea on where they will spawn. IT IS AGGRIVATING!!!
Its a shame that there is so much because the gamblng minigames are fun and the last boss is an evil robot who spawns other robots who try and kill you and that is pretty cool. It is a huge shame. If you want it, go ahead but I doubt you will find any enjoyment out of this game. And this is where the games for the DS started to get worse and worse.… Expand