The Sims 2: Pets DS

5.2

1. JoX
    Dec 26, 2006
    Quite fun at first but you will get tired of it rather soon. Not worth buying.
  2. GemmaN.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Not at all impressed with this game. The Sims being a big selling product, I thought this game was well worth the £30 I spent on it, but very dissapointed with the overall concept. The graphics are not up to scratch (the dogs sometimes look google eyed and ugly!), the game play is very repetitive and there is not much scope to keep on playing the game. Thumbs down for what, with the Not at all impressed with this game. The Sims being a big selling product, I thought this game was well worth the £30 I spent on it, but very dissapointed with the overall concept. The graphics are not up to scratch (the dogs sometimes look google eyed and ugly!), the game play is very repetitive and there is not much scope to keep on playing the game. Thumbs down for what, with the DS touch screen, could have been excellent but turned out below par Expand
  3. MarisaL.
    Jan 15, 2007
    It's a great game, but not as great as I expected. I was expecting more breeds and pet stuff. That was the down side, other than that it was great! I set my graphics on high because the low graphics annoy me with how you can't see any detail; so the graphics are great in my game. (PC)
  4. ClaireA.
    Apr 18, 2007
    The game starts off really fun, but very quickly becomes boring, repetitive and unrewarding. I very quickly got to the highest level, after which there is nothing left to achieve but to keep on going.
  5. AmberJ.
    Nov 11, 2006
    It is very hard to keep their stats high when you play on a game console. The games on the computer are much easier to play. More user friendly. The game is still fun however. :)

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    This tries to pull off so much but it's neither as compelling and varied as "The Sims" nor as loveable as "Nintendogs." Plus it's so blocky it's like someone invented an 8-bit DS. [Dec 2006, p.87]
    The design itself lacks focus in both its Sims model as well as its Pet simulation -- it's just so overwhelmingly bland, boring, tedious, and unrewarding that it fails to hold the interest level that the Sims series has been known for.
  3. Nintendo Power
    When you take on lousy controls that require you to alternate constantly between the Control Pad and buttons and the touch screen, it's clear that The Sims 2 Pets needs a serious check-up. [Jan. 2007, p.116]