Classic NES Series: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Game Boy Advance

7.5

1. Jun 27, 2012
    As a HUGE fan of TLOZ , the biggest flop started with Zelda II , and I'm not saying it's wrong at all but it doesn't feel like a true TLOZ experience . Even with this port , it doesn't do anything significantly dramatic to make it better. Still for TLOZ fans it's worth a try .
  2. MP83
    Aug 10, 2005
    Reminds me from Falcom's "Ys III: Wanderers from Ys" game. Both are really different compared to their predecessors. Still, not a bad game, just different.
  3. Jul 7, 2014
    Okay, I want to get this out of the way first. No, its not like any other Zelda Game (As of yet). But that doesn't mean it is necessarily bad. Plus, this was the second game, its not like the series had an established formula yet. Also, when Ocarina of Time came out, it was like no other Zelda Game at the time. No one criticized it for that. Okay, that's out of the way. Another complaintOkay, I want to get this out of the way first. No, its not like any other Zelda Game (As of yet). But that doesn't mean it is necessarily bad. Plus, this was the second game, its not like the series had an established formula yet. Also, when Ocarina of Time came out, it was like no other Zelda Game at the time. No one criticized it for that. Okay, that's out of the way. Another complaint is that "It's too hard!" Well, yes, I have never beaten it, but a game being hard doesn't mean it is bad! Dark Souls and Mario Two/The Lost Levels were hard and still are! They were never criticized for that! I honestly don't see what's so bad about this game. It isn't the best Zelda Game by any means, but it isn't bad. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2015
    First, I must thank this game for showing Nintendo that this is the wrong way. It can be a pretty good game for any other franchises, but not Zelda, no, no. Sometimes, it is extremely boring and it can be unnecessarily difficult as well. Let's make an example. If you were on a civil war and you found a road -one side leads to the safe place and the other one leads to the center of theFirst, I must thank this game for showing Nintendo that this is the wrong way. It can be a pretty good game for any other franchises, but not Zelda, no, no. Sometimes, it is extremely boring and it can be unnecessarily difficult as well. Let's make an example. If you were on a civil war and you found a road -one side leads to the safe place and the other one leads to the center of the battlefield-, which side would you choose? That's basically this Zelda. You never know which direction should you choose, and you probably will be defeated 2 seconds after you reach the dungeon - just like in a civil war, as I told you). It's hard to say that a Zelda game is disappointing, but this one is a complete disappointment. If you are trying to decide which Zelda game you should play first, my answer is: not this one. NEVER this one. Expand

#9 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004
#4 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

1. This is the only Zelda game I can think of that used experience points to level-up. Other than that, you're dealing with a typical (and engrossing) Legend of Zelda experience.
  2. Any game that holds up more than a decade later is definitely one to watch, and Zelda II is one of these games.
  3. I have to say that I was surprised how good the game actually was and how badly the game gets trashed nowadays. Sure, it may be the worst in the series of Zelda titles, but it's by no means a bad game.