Golden Sun: The Lost Age Game Boy Advance

9.5

1. May 16, 2011
    I am the kind of gamer who enjoys almost exclusively casual games. Anything Mario, anything that you can just pick up and play for 30 minutes without getting sucked into a story or involved strategy decisions. But I LOVE this game, as well as its predecessor. I don't know what it is about it, but I will play this game for hours and hours and do the kind of things that I usually hate inI am the kind of gamer who enjoys almost exclusively casual games. Anything Mario, anything that you can just pick up and play for 30 minutes without getting sucked into a story or involved strategy decisions. But I LOVE this game, as well as its predecessor. I don't know what it is about it, but I will play this game for hours and hours and do the kind of things that I usually hate in video games. It is so so good. Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2011
    A surprisingly underrated yet deep JRPG that can give popular development studios like Square Enix and Atlus a run for their money. The strong story, visuals, music, and controls all come together to offer a truly unique gameplay experience. Hell, I would go as far as to say that Golden Sun: The Lost Age, sequel to Golden Sun, is the best role-playing game on a handheld to date.
  3. LeonV.
    Jun 23, 2007
    Totally great. The best rpg ever. Period. GRaphics, awesome; summons, great; items, wicked; characters, absolutely awesome; psynergies, the best.
  4. ThomasN.
    Dec 21, 2007
    The best game i have ever seen to the gba, This is a must have for every rpg fan, who owns a Game Boy.
  5. KenE.
    May 6, 2004
    Though more of an add-on than a true sequel this continuation is just as good as the original. The graphics if improved is minimal and not really noticeable though Golden Sun still remains as one of the finest examples of utilizing the GBA hardware to full effect today. There are some new summon spells and they're just as impressive and fun to watch as before. The audio as before is Though more of an add-on than a true sequel this continuation is just as good as the original. The graphics if improved is minimal and not really noticeable though Golden Sun still remains as one of the finest examples of utilizing the GBA hardware to full effect today. There are some new summon spells and they're just as impressive and fun to watch as before. The audio as before is some of the best to ever come out of those tiny speakers. Though there are recycled samples there is new content to be heard. I'm scoring the game (1) point less than the original due to the one flaw in the battle system that wasn't fixed and if you read my review of the original you'll know what I'm talking about. Nonetheless, if you enjoyed playing the original you'll have a good time with this sequel as it really is just an extension. Expand
  6. CarolinaH.
    Apr 9, 2003
    Is the best game i ever play. is amazing. is really the best game after FF8 of course.
  7. AndrewC.
    Jun 7, 2003
    It's the best.
  8. CleoK.
    Aug 4, 2005
    Lets say Golden Sun is the best game ever plus 2 ofcourse 2 is a little bit better because you can travel over the sea and you have a flying ship ^_^ the summons are better and cooler and so much more !so i gave it a 10
  9. MichaelC.
    Apr 13, 2003
    This game is cool.
  10. Bellysassy
    Apr 18, 2003
    AWESOME!
  11. Criticofevil
    Apr 29, 2003
    This game is great unfortunately i get stuck about 15times a dungeon everytime u think uve completed the puzzle some new extremely hard challenge comes up
  12. Calvin919leo
    Apr 30, 2003
    This is the BEST game I've ever played!!!!!!!!!!
  13. LozerE.
    May 14, 2003
    IT ROCKS!!!!(Well I have a problem....)My problem is that I am only 9 and air's rock is definenetly TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. IsaacB.
    May 21, 2003
    With great graphics,an engrossing storyline and constant strategy the more you play the more you love this game.And just when you thought Golden Sun was the best The Lost Age comes out better than the first.It ROCKS!!
  15. SophiaR.
    Jun 13, 2003
    It is the best game ever. it is neat and cool. i like number one and two.
    Jun 8, 2003
    Incredible.
  17. DeathscytheD.
    Jul 2, 2003
    WOW!.....WOW! This game is better than i expected any RPG Lover should buy this game...
  18. RossH.
    Jul 26, 2003
    I loved the first game as the music the gameplay the graphics the sound and the storyline were all fantastic and it never got boring. I have been waiting eagerly for the arrival of the next game in the UK and i imagine it will be bigger and better than ever before.
  19. TimT.
    Sep 8, 2003
    This is my favorite rpg ever....i even like it better than the final fantasy series.
  20. GigiV.
    Apr 20, 2005
    GS3 anyone?
  21. MattG.
    Jul 27, 2005
    I liked this golden sun more than the last one because it added new things to the gae like sending info, traelling by sea and bigger and badder summons. You definatly need the first GS though if you really want to enjoy the game.I really want to see a third Golden Sun to finish up the story in a way that makes sense and satisfies all the fans of Golden Sun.
  22. ChrisA.
    Apr 24, 2003
    Really good...addictive, enthralling & fun...
  23. DanS.
    Apr 28, 2003
    The Lost Age will be far more expansive than its predecessor, and players have the ability to meet and join parties of other characters, with party members coming and going as the story progresses. Not only is this a fantastic RPG, but it's arguably better than the first game.The gameplay includes action outside of the turn-based combat, and players will have the ability to collect The Lost Age will be far more expansive than its predecessor, and players have the ability to meet and join parties of other characters, with party members coming and going as the story progresses. Not only is this a fantastic RPG, but it's arguably better than the first game.The gameplay includes action outside of the turn-based combat, and players will have the ability to collect djinn, which can be used in battle to solve the game's puzzles. Expand
  24. DoomDragon
    Apr 30, 2003
    It's the Best game I've ever played!
  25. KimilI.
    May 18, 2003
    Damn, that game was the best RPG game I EVER played... The Graphics bluw my mind, the sound was great, the Characters, well just don't get me started.... If the Camalote guys got any seens... Make a long Series like FF. And Make it for GameCube.
  26. MrSly
    May 19, 2003
    So Fun So Very Very Fun.
  27. YoyoH.
    May 4, 2003
    It's a very good game but i have a problem. I dont know where is the water adept and i need it. Can you help me plz ??????
  28. Lladnar
    May 5, 2003
    Weak puzzles, but they're trying. still it was a great game.
  29. RobT.
    May 7, 2003
    Best rpg for the gba.
  30. DavidH.
    Jun 12, 2003
    Loved it. But can't quite defeat Dullahan. I am level 54. Still levelling up. I will get him if I have to go to level 99! Drooling for Golden Sun III!!!
  31. BobDylan
    Jun 24, 2003
    This is one of the best games of all time. The ending though was a little disappointing, I was hoping that there would be a third one.
  32. OmarC.
    Jun 29, 2003
    This is the greatest game I've ever played.
  33. JonP.
    Jun 3, 2003
    I would rate this game 11, but it wouldn't go that high. It is the best GBA game out right now. I have an SP so i can see things more clearly. Awesome game.
  34. GaryK.
    Jul 20, 2003
    This is truly one the best RPG's ever made. It truly is in a league of it's own. It's much better than any Final Fantasy game I've ever played.(Ive beaten 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9, 10,10-2,and 11)
  35. Craig
    Jul 31, 2003
    This game is awesome I love adventure action monster killing games Email me if u need any help ive beaten it a million times and i know all the secrets and everything Camelot needs to make a third one!!!!!
  36. RodrigoC.
    Aug 19, 2003
    This is the best rpg i ever played. The first is a great game, too.
  37. RaphaelLouisR.
    Sep 26, 2003
    This game is so freaking cool !!!!!!!! damn i never think of a game capable of what this has and i really hope there is gonna be golden sun 3.
  38. JoshA.
    Jan 31, 2005
    This game reminds me of Final Fantasy VII. They are both great games, they have a good story line and there are cool summon's. I like how they made it were you get the four characters from the first game, and how you can get your old game on the new game. If they did make another game of Golden Sun then I'm sure that would be a great game as well.
  39. AlexA.
    Feb 20, 2005
    It's like the original, only better. GS:TLA has some good footing, even when it goes against major contenders like Final Fantasy. one of the best games on the GBA to date. graphics are smooth and fluid, and really add to the overall experiance. combat just plain rules.
  40. JimmyJ.
    Dec 2, 2003
    This is actually one of the best RPG games I ever played in gba console. Great Storyline and most of all...the graphics!!!!
  41. JasonH.
    Apr 11, 2003
    The original Golden Sun did not have a conclusion, as it was part of a larger story. The Lost Age (TLA) is as Camelot puts it, "book two" of the story. As such, it is recommended that you do not play TLA until you have completed GS. It would be like opening up a novel and starting on chapter two. TLA allows you to load a clear file (basically a savegame created at the end of GS) by way of The original Golden Sun did not have a conclusion, as it was part of a larger story. The Lost Age (TLA) is as Camelot puts it, "book two" of the story. As such, it is recommended that you do not play TLA until you have completed GS. It would be like opening up a novel and starting on chapter two. TLA allows you to load a clear file (basically a savegame created at the end of GS) by way of password or link cable, for reasons which I will not spoil for you. This is another incentive to have played GS, as it may unlock certain special events in TLA. The Lost Age is not for everyone though. For those of you who played through Golden Sun and hated the backtracking to get the chests that were inaccessible early on, TLA is more of that. MUCH more. Also, if the non-combat psynergy puzzles annoyed you, again, much much more of that in TLA. In fact, many of the dungeons (optional and required) in TLA are magnitudes more complex than the ones in GS, with many more branches. If you like solving puzzles, collecting psynergies, and playing RPGs in a 'completionist' style, TLA is that in spades. Despite being the same game engine (which is not necessarily a bad thing, since GS had some of the best ever graphics for a 2D RPG), there are subtle little changes which enhance the gameplay depth. For example, without doing any plot spoiling, there are now combination djinn summons. For example, a certain summon may require two fire and one wind standby djinns, and so forth. Another interesting addition is that of class-changing items. These items, once equipped, instantly change your character to a predefined class (same on all adepts, will not change with level increase). Unequipping restores the character to their previous class. Hopefully that paints a better picture for what TLA is and what it is not. To recap, it is NOT an evolution of GS, it is NOT a revamped engine. It IS a direct continuation of GS's storyline. A lot of people have been waiting anxiously for this one, and if you are one of them, chances are you will enjoy it too. Collapse
  42. CindyM.
    Apr 11, 2003
    Very much longer and harder than the first Golden Sun. Though there may be pros and cons, the puzzles and storyline are just great. The best RPG for the GBA, though there's games like the Final Fantasy series in the PSX, you can't really compare them both since they're both from two entirely different systems! With this continuation, you are able to explore the whole world Very much longer and harder than the first Golden Sun. Though there may be pros and cons, the puzzles and storyline are just great. The best RPG for the GBA, though there's games like the Final Fantasy series in the PSX, you can't really compare them both since they're both from two entirely different systems! With this continuation, you are able to explore the whole world of Weyard, and be able to access more than 5 continents, along with islands around the world instead of being stuck in two continents like the first game. The Djinn and Psynergy add fun to the game (72 Djinni and A LOT of Psynergy magic!) along with new abilities and summons. A great RPG for any RPG-fans! Expand
  43. Strikervoodoo
    Apr 16, 2003
    it cool!!!
  44. YojimboJ.
    Apr 22, 2003
    The best game ever to hit the GBA
  45. TropicalSkittles
    Apr 22, 2003
    It is definitely the best RPG for the GBA with the best grsphics that I have ever seen on a handheld system such as the GBA I think its a real good idea that you have to use the psynergy outside of battles if you are an RPG fan this is a great game for you.
  46. JoelA.
    Excellent but not perfect
  47. KaiserDragon
    Apr 22, 2003
    The first Golden Sun I had play twice because it was that good. I normally get bored on the second time and quit. Not on this game. Now I am currently playing Book two, and I expect a great show!
  48. Brendana
    Apr 23, 2003
    currently stuck this really pisses me off.
  49. MikeC.
    Apr 23, 2003
    This is one of the greatest games for GBA. it is just as much a puzzle game as a RPG
  50. AdamM.
    Apr 26, 2003
    This game is a pretty good follow up of the first one. I'd give it a thumbs up.
  51. ScottJ.
    May 18, 2003
    It kicks assssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  52. RyanS.
    Jul 14, 2003
    This is one of the best games I have ever played out of all the systems. It brings back the old game and puts it all in one.
  53. LucasW.
    Sep 28, 2003
    The greatest RPG ever. With a deep story line, stunning graphics, and well over 35 hours of enriching gameplay, it will leave you itching for more!
  54. JoeP.
    Jul 25, 2006
    This is by far the best handheld RPG I have ever had the privilege of playing. The story is expansive, you can easily play a good 40 to 50 hours playing through the game the first time, and you can even continue the story after to keep training your characters to defeat all the seceret bosses and unlock the summons. The only thing I have to say is wrong with the game, though idon't This is by far the best handheld RPG I have ever had the privilege of playing. The story is expansive, you can easily play a good 40 to 50 hours playing through the game the first time, and you can even continue the story after to keep training your characters to defeat all the seceret bosses and unlock the summons. The only thing I have to say is wrong with the game, though idon't mind, is the easy ability to get what you want. The RNG (random-number generator) in the game is poorly made, so once you figure out what enemies drop the best weapons and/or armor, you can get one from that enemy every time. THis is the ONLY problem with GS:TLA, but it is not something major that lowers my review. FOrget my previous statement of being the best handheld RPG out there- it just may be the best RPG period. I'm constantly praying for a GS3...let's hope Camelot can put one together =). Expand
  55. JoshM.
    Aug 12, 2006
    Excellent game, it has great graphics and a great storyline, the only reason i didnt give it a 10 was because im STUCK! and its tickin' me off!
  56. Dec 13, 2011
    The best game you will ever play(very possibly in your life). Great story, great animations(for the gba), great characters, great music, great replay value, and great NOSTALGIA!!!
  57. May 27, 2012
    This game was freakin awesome.
  58. Aug 18, 2014
    a masterpiece just like golden sun 1, offering a bigger world, more exploration, more playable characters, a crafting system and so much more.
    this game was/is and will be one of the best games ever
  59. Sep 24, 2014
    This game was great, and that's just plain fact. Great story, great villain, great characters, great music, great gameplay. I really can't find anything to complain about with this game. I highly recommend playing it if you haven't already.
  60. Dec 17, 2014
    Surprisingly underrated, The Lost Age is a brilliant sequel to the original game. The graphics are possibly the best on the system, the soundtrack is epic and the gameplay is a solid combination of exploration, puzzles and battles. The score is a 9.7, rounded up to 10.

#4 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2003
#27 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2003

1. If you liked "Lord of the Rings," then you'll love Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
  2. GMR Magazine
    Seriously, if you haven't finished the first installment of Camelot's sprawling GBA epic, it's likely you'll be baffled, at least initially, by this direct follow-up. [May 2003, p.73]
  3. A thoroughly enjoyable game that matches its predecessor in every way. It's true that the plot never becomes as epic as Golden Sun hinted it might, and it's also true that the game will be a little too 'freeform' for some RPG fans, but it is basically the middle of a story - and thus plays as such.