9.7

1. May 16, 2011
    I am the kind of gamer who enjoys almost exclusively casual games. Anything Mario, anything that you can just pick up and play for 30 minutes without getting sucked into a story or involved strategy decisions. But I LOVE this game, as well as its predecessor. I don't know what it is about it, but I will play this game for hours and hours and do the kind of things that I usually hate in video games. It is so so good. Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2011
    A surprisingly underrated yet deep JRPG that can give popular development studios like Square Enix and Atlus a run for their money. The strong story, visuals, music, and controls all come together to offer a truly unique gameplay experience. Hell, I would go as far as to say that Golden Sun: The Lost Age, sequel to Golden Sun, is the best role-playing game on a handheld to date.
  3. Dec 13, 2011
    The best game you will ever play(very possibly in your life). Great story, great animations(for the gba), great characters, great music, great replay value, and great NOSTALGIA!!!
  4. May 27, 2012
    This game was freakin awesome.
  5. Nov 9, 2013
    It's hard to say something about this game that hasn't already been said. Golden Sun (both 1 and The Lost Age) pushed the limits of what was capable on a Game Boy Advanced. It had a phenomenal storyline which subverted the typical good vs evil by having three dimensional characters each with their own goals. The graphics are among the best ever for a Game Boy Advanced game and the music is still to this day catchy and once again among the best ever made for GBA. This mixed with exciting characters and fun action scenes were a recipe for success.

It has been 10 years since this game was released and for such an occasion the only appropriate score for a game as great as this is a 10.

1. If you liked "Lord of the Rings," then you'll love Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
  2. Seriously, if you haven't finished the first installment of Camelot's sprawling GBA epic, it's likely you'll be baffled, at least initially, by this direct follow-up. [May 2003, p.73]
  3. A thoroughly enjoyable game that matches its predecessor in every way. It's true that the plot never becomes as epic as Golden Sun hinted it might, and it's also true that the game will be a little too 'freeform' for some RPG fans, but it is basically the middle of a story - and thus plays as such.